PDA

View Full Version : Vigor Monsoon II CPU cooling

superklye
10-17-06, 11:33 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835702002

Anyone else familiar with this or even a user of it? It's a bit expensive, but it looks like it's freakin' awesome. Every review I'm seeing of it is saying it's the greatest thing since soft butter on sliced bread.

Heinz68
10-17-06, 03:18 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835702002

Anyone else familiar with this or even a user of it? It's a bit expensive, but it looks like it's freakin' awesome. Every review I'm seeing of it is saying it's the greatest thing since soft butter on sliced bread.I know about the "Monsoon II" but wonder if Titan's "Amanda TEC Cooler" (http://www.titan-cd.com/eng/heatpipe/amanda.html) is not much better deal.
Sick and tired waiting for the "Tuniq Tower 120" (air heatsink) for sale again I did almost buy the Amanda,
it was for sale for under 90 USD. What stoped me was the Amanda same as Monsoon have one model for Intel and another for AMD. Who knows maybe one day I'll be forced to go the "Intel Inside" way. :D

Now I don't see Amanda for sale anywhere but did hear a new model should be out this month that fits both Intel and AMD.

Amanda has plenty great reviews see on the above home page and here google search
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=AMANDA+TEC+Cooler&btnG=Search&meta=

Why I think Amanda is better deal ?
Well mainly the price and also Amanda with 2 fans might be better performer, would love to see them benchmark in same review.

So guys what do you think, or does anybody has some personal experience with one of the above Tec coolers
and what about the "Tuniq Tower 120" heatsink air cooled.

Here I did find one listing for Amanda but it's sold out.
Strange any cooler I like is Sold Out :thumbdwn:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Amanda+TEC+Cooler

If anybody see Amanda for sale please let me know, nothing on Froogle.

ViN86
10-17-06, 03:24 PM
whys it cost so much, just because of the display?

|MaguS|
10-17-06, 03:48 PM
Wow, thats one killer cooler... Got some reviews on it?

Zelda_fan
10-17-06, 04:02 PM
For $150 you might as well go watercooling.

Personally, there is no way in hell I'd strap that ugly thing into my rig. Way to big and bulky.

|MaguS|
10-17-06, 04:03 PM

Personally, there is no way in hell I'd strap that ugly thing into my rig. Way to big and bulky.

Some people don't like the idea of having water in their PCs, no matter how safe they claim to be.

I know I haven't moved to Water Cooling yet because of my own fears of screwing up (which I know I would do).

Zelda_fan
10-17-06, 04:17 PM
Some people don't like the idea of having water in their PCs, no matter how safe they claim to be.

I know I haven't moved to Water Cooling yet because of my own fears of screwing up (which I know I would do).

I have been running water cooling for a year now. Zero leaks. To be honest, a well built watercooling is actuall safer than air. With air cooling dust can get into the heatsinks which will cause your proccessors to overheat.

That cooler is actually based on a peliter, which could potentially cause consendation on your CPU which is MUCH more dangerous than watercooling.

grey_1
10-18-06, 07:51 AM

You wouldn't screw it up. Good kits make it alot easier these days.

On peltiers, I love the idea of TEC, but like Zelda_fan said, the thought of condensation getting to my circuitry bothers me alot.

Heinz68
10-18-06, 11:44 AM
whys it cost so much, just because of the display?
Well Amanda is using for the controls PCI card, I sure would prefer the front display but no way I'm going to pay at least $50 extra, that is how much more the Monsoon II cost.
On top I like the Amanda's 2 fans.

The Amanda was for sale for around $90, the Tuniq Tower 120 for less than $50.
From the reviews I did read they both should be able to compete with most $150 water cooling kits.
If you have a more specific suggestion on the cooler I would not mind to check it out.

Now sure the coolers are big and heavy, but that is one of the reason they perform so well.
The "Tuniq Tower 120" doesn't look so great but I would replace the 120mm fan inside the tower with more quiet LED one and that should give it interesting look.

I actually like the way Amanda looks with the pictures on top and the sides.

Anyway I'm not going to buy CPU cooler based on the look, beside some plastic watercooling tubes hanging in the case don't look so hot to me either.

You wouldn't screw it up. Good kits make it alot easier these days.
On peltiers, I love the idea of TEC, but like Zelda_fan said, the thought of condensation getting to my circuitry bothers me alot.
The Amanda's peltier element automatically turns off when the CPU temperature goes bellow 25C. Additionally if the temperature would go below 15C or higher than 70C alarm would sound. I believe Monsoon II which I'm not considering due the the price has some kind of similar controls.

I'm not worried about watercooling kits installations or even water leaks, only I have a hard time to justify the much higher cost, based on performance/value ratio.

Anybody with actual experience with the above coolers or any other suggestion welcomed.