PDA

View Full Version : More Amazing Crysis/Real Life Comparisons, and Sandbox Editor Pics.

Pages : [1] 2

anticitizenzero
10-17-06, 02:17 PM
http://www.crysis-online.com/#CrytekOwesMeaNewPairofPants

Oh Baby!(nana2)

brady
10-17-06, 02:20 PM
That is almost unbelievable.

Bearclaw
10-17-06, 02:23 PM
Wow, that game is so intense graphic wise..I'm sure it will be awesome all around too.

So who wants to bet not even jakups system can run it on full? ...or anyones for the next 10 years hahaha

SH64
10-17-06, 02:30 PM
OMFG!!! :eek: :eek: & they say Quad G80 is overkill :rolleyes:

nrs421
10-17-06, 02:36 PM
wow....

stevemedes
10-17-06, 02:38 PM
I just hope I can run this game on my GTO. I'll bet I can, they'd be committing retail suicide if this game wasnt able to be diluted to be playable on normal systems.

SH64
10-17-06, 02:42 PM
I just hope I can run this game on my GTO. I'll bet I can, they'd be committing retail suicide if this game wasnt able to be diluted to be playable on normal systems.
Yeah perhaps @800x600, med-settings .. & maybe you can throw some 2xAA/4xAF to the mix :p

JoKeRr
10-17-06, 02:46 PM
Yeah perhaps @800x600, med-settings .. & maybe you can throw some 2xAA/4xAF to the mix :p

can't be that bad, cause then it'll be unplayable for anything under a 7900GS.

S.I.N
10-17-06, 03:16 PM
Bah give us full high resolution comparison shots. Alot of games can look real life at the right angle at that size.

|MaguS|
10-17-06, 03:29 PM
Very nice looking, Wonder how it runs...

Zelda_fan
10-17-06, 04:14 PM
don't get me wrong those shots are nice, but the reference looks night and day better than the real time stills.

anticitizenzero
10-17-06, 04:29 PM
I'm mostly curious to see how well this engine is going to render waves, i don't think we've seen realistic breaking waves in a game yet.

Sazar
10-17-06, 04:36 PM
How much memory will the textures by utilizing. That detail level is LUDICROUS.

:eek:

jAkUp
10-17-06, 04:55 PM
Amazing! I will run this on full no matter what I have to do!

sillyeagle
10-17-06, 05:03 PM
Are those actually "In game"? I thought they were just showcase renders built with the engine around the given photo. I don't recall the "in game" screenshots looking that nice....

Daydre@m
10-17-06, 05:06 PM
i am just simply wordless after seeing these images.....

..... sadly, there is absolutely no way my current rig is going to handle this, even on very low settings with minimum details.

now if crysis actually runs as good as it looks on most medium systems, this would just be the best game in the history of games (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

Daydre@m
10-17-06, 05:06 PM
Are those actually "In game"? I thought they were just showcase renders built with the engine around the given photo. I don't recall the "in game" screenshots looking that nice....

i think all the images have "real-time" written next to them, so they must be in-game.

CaptNKILL
10-17-06, 05:13 PM
Bah give us full high resolution comparison shots. Alot of games can look real life at the right angle at that size.
I agree. They look awesome but they're far too small to make any accurate comparison.
If you look at a 320x240 screenshot of Doom while running your desktop at 1600x1200 it looks pretty realistic. :p

SH64
10-17-06, 05:21 PM
Amazing! I will run this on full no matter what I have to do!
Even robbing a bank to afford the hardware needed ? :p

Marvel_us
10-17-06, 05:21 PM
I agree. They look awesome but they're far too small to make any accurate comparison.
If you look at a 320x240 screenshot of Doom while running your desktop at 1600x1200 it looks pretty realistic. :p

I was thinking the same thing. Still looks nice, but shot resolution is kinda dodgy.

AdmiralHalsey..
10-17-06, 05:29 PM
Phfff, photos and screen caps too blurry to really distinguish which is reality and which isn't. But still I must utterly bow to the guys at crytech. They are the new ID software. I'd really like to see carmack do this good, I really would. It's getting almost trivial, the difference between virtual and real life. These guys are the best thing us pcgamers have going for us. They are great, truly. But oblivion looked good in still's too. Lets see this in motion, soon enough I hope...

SH64
10-17-06, 05:33 PM
What about teh sandbox face models ? dont they look amazing enough for you ?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=21202&stc=1&d=1161124493

CaptNKILL
10-17-06, 05:37 PM
What about teh sandbox face models ? dont they look amazing enough for you ?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=21202&stc=1&d=1161124493
Those look great, but cramming a photograph and a screenshot into the same amount of space makes it kind of difficult to compare reality to a game.

Its like saying "if you squint, it almost looks real!". :p

I'm not trying to rip on this game, but those images are tiny, if they were confident that the screenshots were THAT close to reality then they would give us ones we could actually SEE. :p

sillyeagle
10-17-06, 05:47 PM
i think all the images have "real-time" written next to them, so they must be in-game.

Yeah but tech demos are "real time" renders as well. That does not mean an entire game can be made at that level and still perform... No doubt those renders are "in engine", but I don't think they are "in game". But maybe...

Daydre@m
10-17-06, 06:02 PM
Yeah but tech demos are "real time" renders as well. That does not mean an entire game can be made at that level and still perform... No doubt those renders are "in engine", but I don't think they are "in game". But maybe...

Well, you might be right...

... but have you seen the hd trailers over @ gametrailers.com. They seem pretty realistic in motion. Considering the rumored G80 graphics (shown in the thread at Rumor mill) G80 Quads might be able to handle this detail.

Anyways, the HD trailers reinforce my belief :D