PDA

View Full Version : TES IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine (PS3/X360/PC) Announced

SH64
10-17-06, 07:00 PM
Yeaaah!! PC/X360 fans wont lose the new PS3 content afterall!!
Bethesda announced that it will make the Knights of the Nine PS3 content for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion available for the Xbox 360, via Xbox Live Marketplace, and downloadable for PC, on November 21st.
Knights of the Nine will also be available as a Windows boxed product at retail on the 21st. The retail version of Knights of the Nine is a compilation that will include all the other Oblivion downloadable content released to date: Horse Armor, The Orrery, Wizard's Tower, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Mehrunes' Razor, and Spell Tomes.
Good thing i only purchased the Horse Armor plugin :)
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=37958&mode=thread&order=0

(screens on same link).

Becoming
10-17-06, 07:36 PM
Oh oh oh, does this include the fancy new shaders? Gimme!

AthlonXP1800
10-17-06, 08:23 PM
Oblivion expansion is coming to the PC? on 21 November 2006? I doubt because here is no mention of it on EBgames and GAME UK release date list for November and December.

If it really will be come out in November, OMG I hadnt finished Oblivion!

SH64
10-17-06, 08:26 PM
If it really will be come out in November, OMG I hadnt finished Oblivion!
Neither do i .. i guess its time for some Oblivioning!!

de><ta
10-17-06, 09:08 PM
Does it include the rootkit that Mehrunes Razor had?

CaptNKILL
10-17-06, 09:37 PM
Cool :)

Just in time for me to start playing it again on my G80. :D

|MaguS|
10-18-06, 02:37 PM
Glad its coming out for the PC, No reason for me to buy the PS3 version now unless the reworked shaders on the PS3 actually do something noticably different.

CaptNKILL
10-18-06, 05:16 PM
Glad its coming out for the PC, No reason for me to buy the PS3 version now unless the reworked shaders on the PS3 actually do something noticably different.
I think the only shader I wasnt happy with was the water reflection since it was really blocky from far away. Its even worse in the PS3 screenshots, so I doubt they are going to change much in that respect.

I hope someone figures out how to fix that pixelated water eventually.

|MaguS|
10-18-06, 05:44 PM
I think the only shader I wasnt happy with was the water reflection since it was really blocky from far away. Its even worse in the PS3 screenshots, so I doubt they are going to change much in that respect.

I hope someone figures out how to fix that pixelated water eventually.

The new shaders are suppose to just influence the blending of the LOD system making it look smoother rather then having the harsh in your face line thats in the game currently.

SH64
11-09-06, 09:36 PM
TES IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine (X360/PC) Gets Release Date and Price
The retail version of Knights of the Nine is a collection (for PC) that includes Knights of the Nine plus all the other DLC released to date. The expansion itself will be available on Nov 21 through either Xbox Live Marketplace, 800 points, or downloadable for PC at $9.99. The retail launch edition will launch Dec. 4, and cost $19.99, unfortunately a full Xbox 360 retail package is not planned for now, but is an option that is being looked into.

|MaguS|
11-09-06, 09:41 PM
Seems like they are delaying the PS3 game aswell till 1Q07, No reason was given... my guess is to optimize it since it probably was rushed to get so far into development to meet the launch date.

Q
11-09-06, 09:42 PM
TES IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine (X360/PC) Gets Release Date and Price

Finally, Finally, FINALLY!!!!

The download costs half of the retail version. Online distribution FINALLY works.

Thank God!

Bearclaw
11-09-06, 10:36 PM
Awesome..I need to start playing Oblivion again..it would help (and make it more fun) if I had a 8800GTX. I need to work on that..