PDA

View Full Version : Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC?

nekrosoft13
10-17-06, 10:38 PM
quick question is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on PC based on ps2/xbox or x360 version?

crainger
10-18-06, 01:11 AM
That is a good question. Hopefully based off the 360 version :)

Becoming
10-18-06, 01:25 AM
I'd rather have it based on the regular x-box version's cell shaded look. It's more appealing than the water covered uber-shiny look of the other ones.

nekrosoft13
10-31-06, 02:28 PM
anyone got it ?

i wanted to buy it, just not sure if i should.

is it another POS like X-Men III?

raystorm
10-31-06, 03:07 PM
Marvel : Ultimate Alliance is EXACTLY like the X-men Legends series. I mean..the gameplay is identical but instead of the X-men you get other marvel characters.

As for which version the pc one is based on..its sorta like Tomb Raider Legends where you can enable an "advanced lighting" option which gives the game a "next gen" look. Enabling that option also gives you shadow options. When it comes to performance the game with advance lighting on, shadows on high, AA at 4x, AF at 8x and running at 1280x720 runs like crap on my pc. Putting shadows on medium helps a bit though not much really and putting the shadows on low helps a ton but it doesn't look as good.

ok..here are some pics of the same part at different settings.

Advance Lighting on, 8x AF, 4x AA with shadows on high.

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/8346/muaavonshadowshighbw0.th.jpg (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=muaavonshadowshighbw0.jpg)

Advance Lighting on, 8x AF, shadows on low, same AA and AF

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4845/muaavonshadowlowum2.th.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=muaavonshadowlowum2.jpg)

Advance Lighting off, no shadows settings are enabled with AL off,same AA and AF

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7514/muaadvancedofffp1.th.jpg (http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=muaadvancedofffp1.jpg)

There you see the difference with advance lighting on and off and you see the fps cost on my pc. If you have a better pc than what I have and you loved the X-Men Legends series then you'll love this game. If you are happy with the look without the advance lighting then its all good for you.

Personally I'm gonna wait for the demo of the 360 version and see what the framerate is on that and maybe pick that one up and dump the pc version.

nekrosoft13
11-01-06, 08:58 AM
that advanced lighting really looks weird, everything is so shinny.

Ninjaman09
11-01-06, 09:13 AM
I agree, I thought it looked better off.

SH0DAN
11-01-06, 11:36 PM
I cant get the effin thing to start up,I have now uninstalled daemon tools and virtual drive pro 11 and still,both 'game.exe' and 'mua.exe' crash with
generic errors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( 51.29 cents with tax.... for NOTHING! Activisions horrific attempt at help is to tell me to disable daemon 4.06HE
NOT to uninstall it !?! same with VD Pro 11,that and a reboot do NADA !! I am SO pissed right now !! I cant return this garbage,and everywhere I look I find
nothing but praise for the game,no mention of errors... Clicking the exe gets me a window telling me to insert the DVD and click 'OK' then restart,well...
I have only tried that 2 million times now,and I have no usb game pads or joysticks attached to my comp,never have...so that cant be it.The games
dvd disc has been sitting in my 16x burner drive for 4 hours now to No avail.... :( Compatibility mode has got me nowhere,I am at a loss as to
what to do now..... "Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"....

Q
11-01-06, 11:49 PM
I cant get the effin thing to start up,I have now uninstalled daemon tools and virtual drive pro 11 and still,both 'game.exe' and 'mua.exe' crash with
generic errors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( 51.29 cents with tax.... for NOTHING! Activisions horrific attempt at help is to tell me to disable daemon 4.06HE
NOT to uninstall it !?! same with VD Pro 11,that and a reboot do NADA !! I am SO pissed right now !! I cant return this garbage,and everywhere I look I find
nothing but praise for the game,no mention of errors... Clicking the exe gets me a window telling me to insert the DVD and click 'OK' then restart,well...
I have only tried that 2 million times now,and I have no usb game pads or joysticks attached to my comp,never have...so that cant be it.The games
dvd disc has been sitting in my 16x burner drive for 4 hours now to No avail.... :( Compatibility mode has got me nowhere,I am at a loss as to
what to do now..... "Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"....

Get a NO-CD crack. I've had a couple games in the past that wanted me to uninstall D-Tools and NERO. NERO!!! WTH, MAN!

Anywho, find a NO-CD crack (as long as you own the game, of course) and this should fix you up.

If not, call the company up and complain like hell. The helpdesk people will pester you for about 30 min. but eventually they should be able to help you out somehow. If they can't, get them to call the store you bought it from so they can give you your money back.

nekrosoft13
11-02-06, 12:45 AM
dark messiah gives me that error from time to time too

usually i just try to run it again and it starts

SH0DAN
11-02-06, 01:29 AM
Get a NO-CD crack. I've had a couple games in the past that wanted me to uninstall D-Tools and NERO. NERO!!! WTH, MAN!

Anywho, find a NO-CD crack (as long as you own the game, of course) and this should fix you up.

If not, call the company up and complain like hell. The helpdesk people will pester you for about 30 min. but eventually they should be able to help you out somehow. If they can't, get them to call the store you bought it from so they can give you your money back.

Thanks for the suggestions,I have tried 3 different 'NO CD' cracks and none of them worked right.All I want at this point is my money back,4 hours of screwing around and searching on forums,and 51+ dollars for this !!!! I have almost every title Raven has put out,this is the only one I have had probs with.I am giving up for the night,I'll try again on the morrow,and maybe
I will have better luck.

nekrosoft13
11-02-06, 08:24 AM
where are you located?

will be very hard to return software(game) in USA, not sure about Canada, probably the same.

Camp0rz
11-03-06, 07:50 AM
I played it for about an hour last night and it was fun. I'd never got a chance to play either of the x-men games, so game play wise it reminds me of Diablo. As for the next gen settings.. it's awful. The game runs fine at 1024 x 768 with 4x aa, but as soon as I turn the next gen on my fps dies. But as someone said earlier.. that setting is overdone and I prefer it off.

nekrosoft13
11-03-06, 09:02 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/marvelultimatealliance/review.html?page=2

Why can't they just give us a PC version that's fully loaded, i.e. got all the same bells and whistles as the Xbox 360 version :(

WTH are you talking about

look here
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1046579&postcount=5

PC version does have that "next gen" option, advance lighting/shadows bla bla

SH0DAN
11-03-06, 10:16 AM
where are you located?

will be very hard to return software(game) in USA, not sure about Canada, probably the same.

Ottawa Canada,return is a no go as I have already ripped off the shrink wrap...
Its my virtual drive software that is causing all the problems,but I refuse to get
rid of them just for one game.

kev13dd
11-03-06, 01:33 PM
Its my virtual drive software that is causing all the problems,but I refuse to get
There are programs that can hide emulation drive software from game detection. Since you bought the game it seems perfectly in your right to use one. Just look around

K

nekrosoft13
11-03-06, 02:37 PM

there are way around it, but i don't get into that.

SH0DAN
11-04-06, 06:41 PM
I found a program on a website thanks to a fellow forum member that lets me do just that.I have just arrived in Atalantis and I am having a blast with the game !! I'd give it 8 out 10 for fun,6/10 for graphics,and 5/10 for sound.
Well worth the cash !! :)

Sidric
11-12-06, 05:44 PM
man anybody have any idea what SLI profile works the best with this game? SFR seems to be working the best(although not that great), however it just hard-locked my machine almost 4 minutes into the game.

alfredog1976
11-13-06, 02:51 AM
man anybody have any idea what SLI profile works the best with this game? SFR seems to be working the best(although not that great), however it just hard-locked my machine almost 4 minutes into the game.

AFR seems to work the best.