PDA

View Full Version : GPU is diabled ?

GTVAPSAMTIK
10-18-06, 07:01 AM
I have ASUS made Geforce 7950 gx2 1gb on GIGABYTE Ga 965P-DS3, which is not an SLI mainboard. I was reading the review for Geforce 7950 GX2 on www.FiringSquad.com
and according to them i need an SLI mainboad for my Geforce 7950 GX2 to work in SLI other wise only one GPU will be use on my GFX card. I am only planning to use 1x GEFORCE 7950 gx2 not QUAD.

So do i need to upgrade to SLI board to use both GPUs on this card ?

This was in review "Keep in mind that you’ll still need an nForce SLI motherboard to support SLI with the GeForce 7950 GX2. If you plug a GeForce 7950 GX2 card into an nForce4 Ultra or nForce 570 Ultra motherboard, the card will work, but only one of the GPUs on the board will function. You’ll need to upgrade to an SLI motherboard if you want both GPUs on your GeForce 7950 GX2 card to operate in SLI mode"

Also on nVIDIA Mainboard Compatability List, Gigabyte 965P-DS3 m/b is no where to be found. So this means One of the GPU is diabled on my Geforce 7950 GX2 ?? or am i missing something :rw:

SLippe
10-18-06, 07:14 AM
I believe that is correct, yes. Sorry.

Dr.Nick
10-18-06, 11:53 AM
You do NOT need an SLI motherboard to make use of a single GX2. However, there are boards that will not work with it, it has nothing to do with SLI. All they probably need is a bios update so call up tech support and complain!

yehuda
10-18-06, 01:56 PM
Im using a 7950gx2 on a dq6.
Try asking gigabyte support if it works on a ds3.

Blasphemer
10-18-06, 02:31 PM
No that is wrong, you DO NOT require a SLI motherboard for this to run. Mine runs fine on my single PCI-e board.

rewt
10-18-06, 02:31 PM
However, there are boards that will not work with it, it has nothing to do with SLI.

So it has nothing to do with nForce SLI chipset? Thats odd. What the hell is an nForce SLI chipset for then?

Dazz
10-18-06, 02:45 PM
The nForce uses 2 PCI-Express slots technically any dual PCI-E boards can run SLI it's just the nForce drivers and BIOS provents this from happening including the cards, same goes for crossfire. the GX2 does not need an SLi enabled board as it's built into the video card., you need an SLi board if you are going quad however.