PDA

View Full Version : Wii Controller not tiring at all

rek075
10-18-06, 11:17 AM
Following the negative report we've heard on the PS3 controller, here is a positive report on the Wii controller and how its not as tiring to use as people (ie. those bashing it before trying it themselves) have predicted.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=23483&p=1

H3avyM3tal
10-18-06, 11:29 AM
So what? Ofcourse you can sit and not jump with the controller... Thats kinda obvious :/
People shouldnt read too much into other ppl's sarcasm...

AthlonXP1800
10-18-06, 11:44 AM
Kim Kaze missed some points, she was right it not tired after 2 hours, it the same amount people spend in gym, it not tired. But Kim never done properly research on what average hours people spend playing on consoles, accorded to surveys, childrens spend an average of 5 hours on weekdays after finished school and 20 hours on weekends.

It not good for children's health when they have to be stand up all night for 5 hours or 10 hours in the weekends.

AthlonXP1800
10-18-06, 11:55 AM
So what? Ofcourse you can sit and not jump with the controller... Thats kinda obvious :/
People shouldnt read too much into other ppl's sarcasm...

Yes people can sit down instead but after 5 hours with lots of arms movements, it will be very sore and tired. Obviously people who has hyperactive discorder will be a huge problem, they will keep go and go on all day nonstop.

a12ctic
10-18-06, 11:56 AM
a lot of nintendos sales go to children, mabye thisll be the end to all those fat ass kids that i see every day.

Toss3
10-18-06, 12:06 PM
a lot of nintendos sales go to children, mabye thisll be the end to all those fat ass kids that i see every day.
Now, that would be a wii(hrhm) bit of revolution! :rolleyes:

nemecb
10-18-06, 12:27 PM
Kim Kaze missed some points, she was right it not tired after 2 hours, it the same amount people spend in gym, it not tired. But Kim never done properly research on what average hours people spend playing on consoles, accorded to surveys, childrens spend an average of 5 hours on weekdays after finished school and 20 hours on weekends.

It not good for children's health when they have to be stand up all night for 5 hours or 10 hours in the weekends.
Yeah, but people in the gym don't have to leave because their arm gets tired (usually). I've played racquetball for about two hours and the only reason I would have had to stop (and I wasn't to the point of needing to stop anyway) was that my legs were tired. Swinging a racquet is going to be a lot more tiring than moving this controller around too because it's probably heavier and definitely longer which compounds the weight. I really don't see this being a problem, despite a lot of people freaking out about it.

And good grief, kids average 5 hours on weekdays??? Let's assume they have otherwise reasonably responsible parents apart from the fact that they let their kids play too many video games. If we figure that they get home from school at 3 (which is pretty early) and go to bed at 9 that only leaves 6 hours total. Figure the extra hour is spent eating dinner, so that means they're never doing anything else. I doubt that.

Ninjaman09
10-18-06, 12:57 PM

LOL, 5 hours after school and 10 hours each day on the weekend? Dude you just love to make stuff up don't you?

SpiffMistroII
10-18-06, 01:05 PM
LOL, 5 hours after school and 10 hours each day on the weekend? Dude you just love to make stuff up don't you?

lol I read that, and was like wtf?

Zelda_fan
10-18-06, 01:37 PM

given me a break

mrrolf
10-18-06, 03:25 PM
Maybe I missed something, but you dont' have to stand up to play with the controllers. You just have to flick your wrist a certain way and everything is good.

Even if you did have to stand up, that's probably a good thing. Hopefully that would get lazy kids on their feet.

BTW, the controllers are very light.

Bad_Boy
10-18-06, 03:38 PM
lol this is funny...
not tired after only 2 hours? uhhh...this shouldnt even be a question.

but what after about 5-10 hours, or even more for some games??

Zelda_fan
10-18-06, 03:44 PM
oh great here comes the PS3 squad to the rescue.

nemecb
10-18-06, 03:54 PM
lol this is funny...
not tired after only 2 hours? uhhh...this shouldnt even be a question.

but what after about 5-10 hours, or even more for some games??
What if I decide to go on a 3 day gaming marathon non-stop - is the Wii going to give me caffeine injections to keep me going?(nana2)

Bad_Boy
10-18-06, 04:30 PM
im just saying, 2 hours of gaming is nothing, there should be no question if you get tired in that timeframe. i usually get around 5+ hours or so of gaming in at a time, even more on some games. I think i played mgs3 all the way through with only a 30 min break, which is like a 15-20 hour game.

|MaguS|
10-18-06, 05:43 PM
When FFVI released my friend and I played it completly through from start to half way and then restarted (We forgot to wait for Shadow) and played from Start to Finish.

AthlonXP1800
10-19-06, 03:38 AM

Nope no I didnt made it up. I watched Tonight with Trevor McDonald documentary episode called Virtually Addictive (http://www.itv.com/news/tonight_7190f1e1057a504a64df0fa8e878337c.html)show ed on ITV last month, I was shocked at children spend 14 to 20 hours everyday played consoles or PC games and 1 of kids parent tried every efforts to stopped her child played all day, when she was in child's room and attempted to took away the console but put it back down when her child became very violent jumped up and down screamed out aloud on the bed, he cant live without play games.

My little nephew Andrew played games on his PS2 5 hours everyday when he got home from school, I did the same thing when I was 13 years old played games on Amiga 500 and still do it until today with PC games. I spend average 10 to 15 hours included bring up foods, snacks, drinks and dinners on everday played Oblivion and stopped a few months ago after stuck on some missions and will plan to get back to it soon until the expansion due to release next month. :)

Here also millions of people who are Internet addictive who spend 5 to 20 hours on Internet, they cant live without Internet, I am one of them, I spend average 5 hours on Internet and I dont watched TV alots, just 1 to 2 hours on some day when here are good movies on Sky Movies channels and programmes on TV like Neighbours, Doctor Who, The Bill, Stargate SG1 etc.

I feel sorry at all parents of very highly addictive childs who had failed everything to stop them played games all day during skipped school days.

I am concerned about Wii, it could be worse if many parents couldnt stop addictive children play with brand new Wii all night and get really very tired on the next day not fit to get up for school with sore legs, arms and wrists.

AthlonXP1800
10-19-06, 04:13 AM
What if I decide to go on a 3 day gaming marathon non-stop - is the Wii going to give me caffeine injections to keep me going?(nana2)

And you really need 5 meals a day too but nobody survived 72 hours non-stop with very little foods. The worst case was a 28 years old South Korean died after played WoW online for 50 hours gaming marathon (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm) (2 days and 2 hours) at an Internet cafe, he had few breaks but ate very little foods.

I can tell you what I felt like when I ate very little foods (snacks) and drank alots of Irn Bru and Pepsi for 10 hours a few years ago played Half Life 2, after nearly 10 hours I felt my brain were hot and fried, it send the signal tell me to get sleep now to recovered. Last year when I heard what happened to poor South Korean guy, my mum warned me about games and Internet addictive for long periods, I must eat 3 to 5 meals and lots of caffine drinks a day to keep it up but snacks or 1 meal wont help it, that teached me a lesson and now. :)

nemecb
10-19-06, 10:18 AM
And you really need 5 meals a day too but nobody survived 72 hours non-stop with very little foods. The worst case was a 28 years old South Korean died after played WoW online for 50 hours gaming marathon (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm) (2 days and 2 hours) at an Internet cafe, he had few breaks but ate very little foods.

I can tell you what I felt like when I ate very little foods (snacks) and drank alots of Irn Bru and Pepsi for 10 hours a few years ago played Half Life 2, after nearly 10 hours I felt my brain were hot and fried, it send the signal tell me to get sleep now to recovered. Last year when I heard what happened to poor South Korean guy, my mum warned me about games and Internet addictive for long periods, I must eat 3 to 5 meals and lots of caffine drinks a day to keep it up but snacks or 1 meal wont help it, that teached me a lesson and now. :)
My point exactly. It's not healthy to play for that long at one time, irrespective of the controller you're using.

Monolyth
10-19-06, 05:43 PM
Can't wait to get the Wii, looks like sooo much fun.

Ninjaman09
10-20-06, 10:33 AM
Nope no I didnt made it up. I watched Tonight with Trevor McDonald documentary episode called Virtually Addictive (http://www.itv.com/news/tonight_7190f1e1057a504a64df0fa8e878337c.html)show ed on ITV last month, I was shocked at children spend 14 to 20 hours everyday played consoles or PC games and 1 of kids parent tried every efforts to stopped her child played all day, when she was in child's room and attempted to took away the console but put it back down when her child became very violent jumped up and down screamed out aloud on the bed, he cant live without play games.

My little nephew Andrew played games on his PS2 5 hours everyday when he got home from school, I did the same thing when I was 13 years old played games on Amiga 500 and still do it until today with PC games. I spend average 10 to 15 hours included bring up foods, snacks, drinks and dinners on everday played Oblivion and stopped a few months ago after stuck on some missions and will plan to get back to it soon until the expansion due to release next month. :)

Here also millions of people who are Internet addictive who spend 5 to 20 hours on Internet, they cant live without Internet, I am one of them, I spend average 5 hours on Internet and I dont watched TV alots, just 1 to 2 hours on some day when here are good movies on Sky Movies channels and programmes on TV like Neighbours, Doctor Who, The Bill, Stargate SG1 etc.

I feel sorry at all parents of very highly addictive childs who had failed everything to stop them played games all day during skipped school days.

I am concerned about Wii, it could be worse if many parents couldnt stop addictive children play with brand new Wii all night and get really very tired on the next day not fit to get up for school with sore legs, arms and wrists.

(omg)