PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell 4 Video Review!

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
10-18-06, 02:17 PM
GT makes my day once again! :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14135&type=wmv&pl=game (HD)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14136&type=wmv&pl=game (NON-HD)

Wooh! :nana:

stevemedes
10-18-06, 02:24 PM
WOW this looks sweet. Graphics look very crisp also. Cant wait for PC version! :thumbsup:

Knot3D
10-18-06, 02:47 PM
Thanx ! I was kind of surprised though that even GT lists the same 'gripes' as Gamespot's review ( which was crap ) ; i mean, it's SC ... it 's not a frantic shooter nor a CQC ;) game.

The controls are generally the same, yes. Also, i don't understand alot of ppl still don't really know what goes into graphics. SC DA has alot of factual upgrades and i see ppl carelessly saying it looks exactly like SC CT :thumbdwn:

Character models CT 3000 poly's - SC DA 11.000 poly's ; as if that comes at no gpu cost ? Lol.

|MaguS|
10-18-06, 04:45 PM
Thanx ! I was kind of surprised though that even GT lists the same 'gripes' as Gamespot's review ( which was crap ) ; i mean, it's SC ... it 's not a frantic shooter nor a CQC ;) game.

The controls are generally the same, yes. Also, i don't understand alot of ppl still don't really know what goes into graphics. SC DA has alot of factual upgrades and i see ppl carelessly saying it looks exactly like SC CT :thumbdwn:

Character models CT 3000 poly's - SC DA 11.000 poly's ; as if that comes at no gpu cost ? Lol.

You can increase polygons easily and the game still could look similar. I personally don't think its as drastic as a jump that PT to CT was.

Gaco
10-18-06, 05:14 PM
You can increase polygons easily and the game still could look similar. I personally don't think its as drastic as a jump that PT to CT was.

I agree.. Still feels like they're both, especially Gamespot though, understating the graphics because "it's what they've come to expect". What spoiled reviewers. It's still much prettier than 99,5% of all the other games out there and probably THE best for the genre, which they should have been given more credit for. The users on both sites seems to be loving it though. I can't wait :D

Knot3D
10-18-06, 05:49 PM

If i'm not mistaken...CT's polycount was actually slightly lower than SC1 and PT's becuz they had to make that trade off becuz the normal mapping & HDR effects overhead.

Anyway, modelers amongst gamers definately appreciate better models ingame.

Also, the shader variation in DA really improved ; stuff which should look matte looks matte and not plastic fantastic like in CT. The lighting on the Cozumel boat level is gorgeous btw. Refractive shaders for the win.

Marvel_us
10-18-06, 08:00 PM
Hopefully this game will run good on PC. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun and a pain to beat, lol.

Bearclaw
10-19-06, 01:44 AM
I can't wait for this to come to PC. It looks amazing.

nekrosoft13
10-19-06, 06:35 AM
I can't wait for this to come to PC. It looks amazing.

you most likelly will need a upgrade

covertghost
10-19-06, 08:26 AM
Yeah especialy if you don't have a Shader Model 3 Card since the game I heard only will work with Shader Model 3 cards.

nekrosoft13
10-19-06, 08:28 AM
thats correct, i know few people that will be pissed.

Bearclaw
10-19-06, 02:41 PM
you most likelly will need a upgrade
Ya i need one badly for anything coming out in the upcoming months..

Knot3D
10-19-06, 02:50 PM
Damn Ubi ! they postponed the PC releasedate again ; it's november 2nd now :thumbdwn:

Bearclaw
10-19-06, 03:57 PM
Damn Ubi ! they postponed the PC releasedate again ; it's november 2nd now :thumbdwn:
**** that. :thumbdwn:

Marvel_us
10-19-06, 06:14 PM
Ah screw that! I had a feeling that s*** was going to happen. Hopefully they don't change it again dammit.

jAkUp
10-19-06, 10:39 PM

ah damn :( Oh well, lots of games coming out next week.

Gaco
10-20-06, 04:37 AM
ah damn :( Oh well, lots of games coming out next week.

Such as? :)

Mr. Hunt
10-20-06, 07:53 AM
I read on the official boards that it was delayed in Europe, but is still on track in the US... so I am praying that is the truth because I already paid for the game and am just waiting to get my hands on it :\.

Marvel_us
10-20-06, 09:21 AM
I read on the official boards that it was delayed in Europe, but is still on track in the US... so I am praying that is the truth because I already paid for the game and am just waiting to get my hands on it :\.

Same here, I have it pre-ordered at EB.

According to EB's site it say 10/31. I could've sworn it said 11/1 yesterday...meh hopefully it doesn't change again.

nekrosoft13
10-20-06, 09:30 AM
what does ubi site/store say?

can't check right now

Marvel_us
10-20-06, 10:09 AM
what does ubi site/store say?

can't check right now

Ubi's site says the same as EB, October 31st.

jAkUp
10-20-06, 11:53 AM
Such as? :)

Dark Messiah and Fear expansion.

covertghost
10-20-06, 11:54 AM

Dark Messiah I'm definitly looking forward to.

Gaco
10-20-06, 02:37 PM

Ah yeah that's right.. I'll await reviews for FEAR Expansion (not preordering for sure) but Dark Messiah is a definate winner. The upcoming months are gonna make me really poor :(:):(:)

Knot3D
10-20-06, 02:48 PM
Even the picky Eurogamer.net review likes SC 4 http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68970