PDA

View Full Version : 100GB X360 HD on the Way...

|MaguS|
10-19-06, 12:54 PM
Wonder how much this thing is going to cost the consumer. If they are charging $100 for 20GBs, Its gonna be a nice price jump on it. Hopefully someone will figure a way to use a standard 2.5" drive rather then MS licensed ones.

http://dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4623

the new 100GB hard drive add-on which will be introduced during the first quarter of 2007 in Korea.

PeterJensen
10-19-06, 01:09 PM
maybe they will lower the price on the 20 GB...

six_storm
10-19-06, 01:12 PM
Why would you really need that much space? If M$ keeps the marketplace like it is, you won't really need that much space. You don't really play all the demos all the time, and the arcade games don't really take up that much space. Notice I ended all of my sentences with "much space"? See I did it again . . . much space.

toxikneedle
10-19-06, 01:15 PM
Why would you really need that much space? If M$ keeps the marketplace like it is, you won't really need that much space. You don't really play all the demos all the time, and the arcade games don't really take up that much space. Notice I ended all of my sentences with "much space"? See I did it again . . . much space.
simply, because they want to beat the PS3 HDD space. It may not be practical or needed, but on paper it narrows down the PS3's advantages.

msxyz
10-19-06, 01:36 PM
maybe they will lower the price on the 20 GB...
From a manufacturing point of view, there isn't a great difference. It's more likely that the 20GB model will be phased out to simplify supply and increase volume.

On a side note, during the Koread conference, a 256Mb memory card has been announced as well.

Why would you really need that much space? If M$ keeps the marketplace like it is, you won't really need that much space.There are rumors of a possible video-on-demand service that will be started in conjunction with Zune and which will be available to Live users as well. Needless to say, video takes much more space than music.

|MaguS|
10-19-06, 01:43 PM
Well the space would be required and used if they plan to offer movie and music downloads much like how Sony plans to with the PS3.

LiquidX
10-19-06, 01:46 PM
Actually I am already running out of space on mine and its still very early in the 360 life span. I like to download the demos and keep them especially for my nephews that visit. More space is welcome but I fair it will be terribly over priced like the rest of Microsft accessories. The 20GB is now $100 so this will most likley retail for twice that or $149 after a price drop of the 20GB.

steamedrice
10-19-06, 02:33 PM
am i finding it strange of ALL places its announced in korea and not microsoft considering it shows an image of the same HD that looks like the one that comes with it?

LiquidX
10-19-06, 02:38 PM
am i finding it strange of ALL places its announced in korea and not microsoft considering it shows an image of the same HD that looks like the one that comes with it?

Well I dont see them changing the design just because there is more space. But yes, I say wait until this becomes really official and the big name sites pick it up though I see no reason to fake something like this.

Peoples-Agent
10-19-06, 03:03 PM
Trouble is, i'd have to get a device to copy over my saved games somehow.
Maybe one of those XSata things, but doesn't the x360 have to be right next to the bloody PC?

GamerGuyX
10-19-06, 04:39 PM

I have completely filled two 360 hard drives with content. Keep in mind that I don't have demos or any of my music on the hard drive.

A bigger hard drive is something I've been wishing for awhile now.

Marvel_us
10-19-06, 06:35 PM
simply, because they want to beat the PS3 HDD space. It may not be practical or needed, but on paper it narrows down the PS3's advantages.

Technically it doesn't really do that. PS3 can use any HDD that fits it's standard size, which is one of the decisions I give Sony props for.

Hopefully this doesn't cost too much, I'd be interested in it if the price is right.

toxikneedle
10-19-06, 07:32 PM
Technically it doesn't really do that. PS3 can use any HDD that fits it's standard size, which is one of the decisions I give Sony props for.

Hopefully this doesn't cost too much, I'd be interested in it if the price is right.
Yeah but since MS can't do that, sticking with 20 gigs is a dumb move as well. This way they are offering a lot of space that will accomidate as many people as possible.... I mean this is almost worthless discussing since everyone saw this coming, even before the 360 came out. I just knew it would be released around this time cuz of the PS3's release.

crainger
10-19-06, 08:33 PM
My HD is filling fast.

I could see myself with one for demos and vids (the 100gb) and the stock 20gb for everything else.

Connaught
10-19-06, 09:50 PM
wonder if the 100gb hard drive would be able to load game faster with a larger cache size? I remember playing Oblivion on the 360 and having to clear the cache to ensure fast loading times and smooth adventuring game play.

If they were able to pull that off, I would definitly look into buying a larger hard drive

oldsk00l
10-19-06, 09:51 PM

Zune marketplace.

Especially if they sell tv shows/movies.

OWA
10-19-06, 10:36 PM
More space is a welcome addition. I've already had to delete stuff to be able to download other demos, etc.