PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 3 Ti 200 cooling help

GlowStick
02-21-03, 05:06 PM
Hiya, ive been reading nvnews for a while, but just decided to look at the forums.

Meanwhile i had a streak of bad luck, my Geforce3 ti200's Fan has quit on me. Luckfully it started makeing a funny noise, so i went to investigate and then it stoped. I quickly tunred off my comp and the card still works!!!! And then my ram heatsinks fell off heh.

What vga cooler can i get to fix my problem. I thought about a zalman heatpipe one, but it would cost 40$ with shipping : (.

Also, i need a cheep solution because 'I am ready' for the Gf FX Ultra :D

Smokey
02-21-03, 05:47 PM
Try here (http://www.thermaltake.com/products/chipsetMenu.htm)

For a gf3 chipset, either the BlueOrb or CrystalOrb will be fine, anything more would be overkill, Ive got a BlueOrb on mine and my core is running at 240, has been for 2yrs+ :D

As to your heatsink, a small spot od superglue will be fine, I had one of my copper heatsinks fall off, I just put it back with a dab of superglue, memory is still running fine at 560 :eek:

GlowStick
02-21-03, 06:25 PM
should i try to have some sort of paste between the ram and the heatsinks?

Smokey
02-21-03, 09:10 PM
Not for the heatsinks on the ram, but for the chipset yes.

GlowStick
02-22-03, 12:18 AM
Thanks guys, i orderd a crystal orb, i cant belive the shipping costed 6.99, i checked many stores and coudlnt find a better price.

It was shiped ground so i dunno when it will get here, im stuck with my backup Geforce2 MX i keep around just for situations like this :D

Shinri Hikari
02-22-03, 12:55 AM
If your lucky, you will get the ultra, other wise NOT.;)