PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy a SinTek Power Supply!

Digital_Trans
10-19-06, 05:34 PM
NV News Forum members may I have you attention!!!

Don't buy any SinTek power supply form any retailer who sells them or
directly from SinTek. The company Sintek refuses to comply with providing
any support on their own products. That would include following.....
RMA, Phone support and email support. These guys just suck at anything and everything they do in life. Their website looks great but the bottom line is their misleading and hurting the end-user market when it comes time for a warranty issue under their
so called rock solid 5 year warranty! :thumbdwn: You have been warned! buyers beware!

johnkeel105
10-19-06, 05:44 PM
Those lying sinners!!!

Thanks for the advice man! :)

Redshirt #24
10-19-06, 06:02 PM
As a general rule: if I don't at least vaguely recognize the name of the company that makes a given PSU, I usually don't buy it. :) Who the hell is Sintek?

Dazz
10-19-06, 06:51 PM
Never heard of them before either.

crainger
10-19-06, 07:07 PM
Don't act so surprised. You bought from a company headed by a busty Criminal Mastermind and Megalomaniac.

Your best bet would be to call Hardcorp and see if they can help you out.

CaptNKILL
10-19-06, 07:08 PM
Don't act so surprised. You bought from a company headed by a busty Criminal Mastermind and Megalomaniac.

Your best bet would be to call Hardcorp and see if they can help you out.
:rofl

lee63
10-19-06, 07:26 PM
Never heard of them before either.Me neither, are they good PSUs ??? OCZ FTW :captnkill:

|MaguS|
10-19-06, 07:41 PM
Seasonic > All

crainger
10-19-06, 07:48 PM
John Blade recommends Antec.

Digital_Trans
10-20-06, 01:56 AM
Me neither, are they good PSUs ??? OCZ FTW :captnkill:

Yes, they are but once they die your screwed! I had to RMA SinTek one time
and they refused the FedEx package and shipped it back to me. By that time I
did a deep investigation on who they really were. I was so effective on reporting them to the Better Business Burial that the president of SinTek via emailed me and shipped me free of charge a brand new SinTek 600 Watt XPS.
I don't let anyone screw me over without a fight! Someone has to have some balls when it comes to these companies.

hirantha
10-20-06, 04:36 PM
Yeah its always better to stay away from unknown brand names. You never know what they are up to.

einstein_314
10-20-06, 04:58 PM
Yes, they are but once they die your screwed! I had to RMA SinTek one time
and they refused the FedEx package and shipped it back to me. By that time I
did a deep investigation on who they really were. I was so effective on reporting them to the Better Business Burial that the president of SinTek via emailed me and shipped me free of charge a brand new SinTek 600 Watt XPS.
I don't let anyone screw me over without a fight! Someone has to have some balls when it comes to these companies.
What is this "Better Business Burial " you speak of? :rofl Is that where we bury better businesses? :D

But yeah, I've never heard of this company. I tend to stick to well know companies (OCZ (FTW!!!), Antec, Seasonic, etc.). If I've never heard of it, I won't buy it unless it has amazing reviews.

Q
10-21-06, 01:57 PM
Seasonic > All

QFT

People are so Power PC & Cooling...but they dont' even recognize that they are usually rebranded Seasonic parts....sometimes even with LOUDER fans....

If you don't have the cash you buy an Antec or other decent brand name.

Under NO circumstances do you buy a no-name PSU. Unless you like instability and roasted parts.