PDA

View Full Version : Driver problems.

poprox
10-19-06, 10:18 PM
I'm building one with the Asrock 939Dual VSTA and X2 4800, using an agp 7600GS.

Load windows xp from scratch. I load the motherboard drivers. Then while I load the video drivers the screen goes black when the installing bar is moving. Like normal, except it clicks on and off twice and stays off until I reboot.

After reboot, no drivers had been installed. So I uninstall the mobo drivers and do the video first and they install correctly. But crappy performance. So I load the mobo agp drivers. The computer locks going into windows.

I put his old 6800Non Ultra in there and the driver loads fine. Put the 7600gs into a spare abit nf7-s, and the drivers load like a charm. Tried different psu's and now stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

grey_1
10-20-06, 10:01 AM
What drivers are you using? The nf7-s is an nf2 mobo, the Asrock I think is an nf3. Nvidia's site has 2 different drivers listed, 5.10's for the nf2 and 5.11's for the nf3.

Not sure if they wouldn't work with each other, but worth looking into maybe?

poprox
10-20-06, 10:46 AM
The asrock is a ULI chipset.

Delbert
10-20-06, 11:21 AM
get the latest chipset drivers from their site. If you have trouble installing them, change the compatability to win2000 ( i had to do this ). then install the video drivers.

egyteam
10-21-06, 09:36 AM
I have same problem using 7600GT and Gigabyte nforce 430 mobo and X2 3800

I tried 84.21, 84.26 and 91.47 and all of them gives me the same black screen

egyteam
10-21-06, 10:01 AM
get the latest chipset drivers from their site. If you have trouble installing them, change the compatability to win2000 ( i had to do this ). then install the video drivers.

that's did the trick

thank you

OzYs
10-31-06, 09:10 AM
I'm building one with the Asrock 939Dual VSTA and X2 4800, using an agp 7600GS.

Load windows xp from scratch. I load the motherboard drivers. Then while I load the video drivers the screen goes black when the installing bar is moving. Like normal, except it clicks on and off twice and stays off until I reboot.

After reboot, no drivers had been installed. So I uninstall the mobo drivers and do the video first and they install correctly. But crappy performance. So I load the mobo agp drivers. The computer locks going into windows.

I put his old 6800Non Ultra in there and the driver loads fine. Put the 7600gs into a spare abit nf7-s, and the drivers load like a charm. Tried different psu's and now stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Hello!

I have the same problem on asrock 939dual-vsta and AGP 7600 GS
So what is the solution? I tried to install chipset drivers from ULI home page but they did not worked for me.
http://www.uli.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php
Still the problem is black screen in time nvidia drivers instalation and no drivers at all after reboot :(
A'm geting tired with this mainboard, it's real crap :thumbdwn:

Thanks in advance

OzYs
11-01-06, 06:03 PM
so nobody knows nothing?

egyteam
11-01-06, 06:12 PM
OzYs,

are you using X-Fi XtremeMusic or any creative sound card ?

OzYs
11-02-06, 04:59 AM
nope. I'm using onboard sound card. why?

cpielak
11-04-06, 08:12 PM
I just bought this card today, and am running into the exact same problem. I've updated my drivers for the agp slot, and the bios, but nothign yet...I guess my next try is going through older drivers...