PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Fall of Man Downgraded (PS3)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Badboy_12345
10-21-06, 04:56 AM
http://www.gamecaption.com/2006/10/20/resistance-fall-of-man-downgraded/

Native 1080p (versus 720p scaled to 1080p) uses much more VRAM than 720p. When we finished up a few of our bigger levels at the very end of the development process we realized that we would have had to steal VRAM from some of our characters and environments to run in native 1080p. Anyway, we felt it was best to stay at 720p and that, at least while 1080p televisions are still relatively scarce, we should focus on implementing 1080p for our future games. - Ted Price

haha who didnt see this coming... next game MGS4 :p

H3avyM3tal
10-21-06, 05:32 AM
Oh noes. Maybe nvnews should open a forum titled PS3 vs XBOX360.
And give total freedom of speech there?

On topic here. So what?

Toss3
10-21-06, 06:56 AM
http://www.gamecaption.com/2006/10/20/resistance-fall-of-man-downgraded/

haha who didnt see this coming... next game MGS4 :p
Who cares? Seriously the quality of the threads in the console forum has during the last few weeks sunk to an all time low. There are no more threads focused on games(only a few posts per thread), only ps3/xbox360 flamewars. :thumbdwn:

Tyr-Sog
10-21-06, 08:05 AM
Hows this comparing anything to the 360?

Anyways, welcome to when Sony said that next generation starts when they say so. Threads like these are justifiable. Goes along with the territory of such arrogant claims. I say nit pick the **** out of the console.

CaptNKILL
10-21-06, 08:16 AM
Seriously the quality of the threads in the console forum has during the last few weeks sunk to an all time low.
Ouch... thats saying a lot... :lol:

Mr. Hunt
10-21-06, 08:17 AM
And Microsoft said the 360 was the "zen" of gaming... is it the zen of gaming because your system craps out in a few months and you can just sit there with nothing to do because of it?

msxyz
10-21-06, 08:33 AM
I'd take richer graphics and stable framerate at 1280x720 rather than less detail at higher resolutions any day.

Even a 7900 with twice the bandwidth of RSX struggles to push newer games beyond 1600x1200 at a stable framerate with all the bells and whistles turned on. By now people should have learnt to take Sony claims with a truckload of salt and not act so suprised when the truth is *slightly* different ;)

Marvel_us
10-21-06, 09:48 AM
So the resolution got downgraded but the overall graphics didn't? I don't see a problem with that.

I can see a whole lot more people making stupid threads and flaming Sony because of Resistance being postponed so they can do 1080p than them making a logical decision to stick with 720p. Just imagine,"OMG Resistance is DELAYED, Sony is Doomed!" something along those lines.....

Point is Sony is banking on Resistance, Insomiac can't afford to take gambles like 1080p and have the game look unfinished.

Hex
10-21-06, 03:24 PM
Just another bottom feeder who will skip over all of the great info that came out of the press event and just try and focus on one thing to try and just stir crap up and feed the window lickers who jump over anything negative about the PS3

oldsk00l
10-21-06, 03:35 PM
And Microsoft said the 360 was the "zen" of gaming... is it the zen of gaming because your system craps out in a few months and you can just sit there with nothing to do because of it?

Right, do nothing with it, don't call MS to have it replaced...because that's never been an option right? :rolleyes:

For me it has been pretty zen, my system has never had a hiccup.

Badboy_12345
10-21-06, 04:59 PM
wait arent half the people who are saying right now that they dont care about th 1080p feature the same who were pointing out that resistance will have 1080p and that the ps3 was soo incredible powerfull :rolleyes:

yeah..... nice going there
I can dig up the old thread where everyone was saying oh resistance will have 1080p! the ps3 is the best console ever.

And where I was saying it will never have it its just a load of BS from the sony camp as always.
But still everyone was saying oh but the ps3 can handle it easily... :rolleyes:

Hex
10-21-06, 05:20 PM
Sony has plenty of 1080p confirmed games assclown.
You are just another idiot.
Not sure what the devs behind resistance have to do with Sony being weak or anything to do with the thoughts of the PS3 being a great console.
But if you want to go ahead and put whatever spin you want on it to feed some personal bias you have, more power to you.
Sounds to me thought like you are trying to convince yourself

slick
10-21-06, 05:29 PM

Microsoft had production problems, yeah we know. That's why Microsoft is replacing all consoles made before a certain date for free should it happen to fail. At least Microsoft delivers on every promise it makes, and can ball up and admit that the mistakes they make.

Every comment made against Sony is entirely justifiable and deserved. Kutaragi babbled on about how 1080p is future and how the unbelievable PS3 will be able to output dual 1080p signals with cinema CGI quality graphics. Cue the two largest launch titles for the PS3 getting taken down to 720p.

Hex
10-21-06, 05:38 PM
Microsoft had production problems, yeah we know. That's why Microsoft is replacing all consoles made before a certain date for free should it happen to fail. At least Microsoft delivers on every promise it makes, and can ball up and admit that the mistakes they make.

Every comment made against Sony is entirely justifiable and deserved. Kutaragi babbled on about how 1080p is future and how the unbelievable PS3 will be able to output dual 1080p signals with cinema CGI quality graphics. Cue the two largest launch titles for the PS3 getting taken down to 720p.

What do two games getting moves to 720p have to do with Sony?
The games devs made a choice, they didnt get a letter from Kaz telling them not to do it.
There are games confirmed for 1080p and as the system gets more familiar you will see many more.
What about Microsoft saying that 1080p is nothing and then now all of the sudden they are getting ready for an update to make it possible?

Quickstar
10-21-06, 05:38 PM

Wasn't Microsoft claiming that the hardware failure wasn't widespread even though everyone i know has had a hardward problem with X360?

Microsoft does NOT delivery on "every promise". In fact, I don't expect them to because they're a big company with big projects. You can't expect Microsoft to get everything right just like you can't expect Sony to either.

|MaguS|
10-21-06, 05:41 PM
Cue the two largest launch titles for the PS3 getting taken down to 720p.

Two of the largest titles? Which other launch title was said to be 1080p and was lowered to 720p?

BTW They chose to make it 720p because it would require extra work to get it running smoothly and they just don't have the time to make sure all the kinks are ironed out.

Badboy_12345, You do realize the Insomniac is an independant developer, right? They have no ties with Sony other then Sony being their publisher, prior to Sony it was Vivendi Universal (who still owns the Spyro License).

Bad_Boy
10-21-06, 05:52 PM
At least Microsoft delivers on every promise it makes
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6041/willshakewb9.gif
dont get me wrong, sony is no angel themselves,
but damn thats a funny statement to make. :p

toxikneedle
10-21-06, 05:53 PM
What do two games getting moves to 720p have to do with Sony?
The games devs made a choice, they didnt get a letter from Kaz telling them not to do it.
There are games confirmed for 1080p and as the system gets more familiar you will see many more.
What about Microsoft saying that 1080p is nothing and then now all of the sudden they are getting ready for an update to make it possible?
Umm oh yeah I remember that quote by MS... "1080P is nothing"

How about the release of the HD-DVD player which needs 1080P support. I love how your calling out Badboy's bias opinions, yet youre the most biased and pissed off poster in this whole thread.

Hex
10-21-06, 06:17 PM
Not biased at all, I think 360 has great games and will continue to do so which makes the whole bias thing a bit shot.
I am a gamer, and will play on any system which has games I want to play. I can link you to a definition of bias if needed.
"badboy" is just throwing out idiocy because I guess Kaz molested him as a child or something and he has some sort of resentment.
Angry? Damned right.
This whole road to the PS3 has been full of the most idiotic crap from people who for some reason think the 360 is the be all and end all and can not fathom another machine out there that may be pretty damned good.
Whether it is because they are pissy because they may have made the wrong choice, pissy because they do not want to have to buy another system, or any other reason it is pretty old.
Competition is good for everyone involved, MS has totally wasted their head start and only as the PS3 came closer to launch have they brought their A game.
I am sick of piss brained mouth breathers who latch onto things to try and get the most negative impact out of them whether that means not telling the whole story or throwing out half truths and doom and gloom the sky id falling chicken little crap.
Resistance will be amazing, even those that have been very against ps3 are even excited about most of the news coming from the press event and from the showings of Resistance they have shown.

toxikneedle
10-21-06, 06:59 PM
Not biased at all, I think 360 has great games and will continue to do so which makes the whole bias thing a bit shot.
I am a gamer, and will play on any system which has games I want to play. I can link you to a definition of bias if needed.
"badboy" is just throwing out idiocy because I guess Kaz molested him as a child or something and he has some sort of resentment.
Angry? Damned right.
This whole road to the PS3 has been full of the most idiotic crap from people who for some reason think the 360 is the be all and end all and can not fathom another machine out there that may be pretty damned good.
Whether it is because they are pissy because they may have made the wrong choice, pissy because they do not want to have to buy another system, or any other reason it is pretty old.
Competition is good for everyone involved, MS has totally wasted their head start and only as the PS3 came closer to launch have they brought their A game.
I am sick of piss brained mouth breathers who latch onto things to try and get the most negative impact out of them whether that means not telling the whole story or throwing out half truths and doom and gloom the sky id falling chicken little crap.
Resistance will be amazing, even those that have been very against ps3 are even excited about most of the news coming from the press event and from the showings of Resistance they have shown.
I don't wanna add fuel to the fire here but,...... I got to play Resistance last week... and I didn't think it was all that great, it was alright but nothing special really. I'm not crazy against the PS3, I don't want it to fail like some do, although I definet am more bias towards the 360.... but still just refuting the fact that even xbox 360 fanboys are excited about resistance.

Hex
10-21-06, 07:04 PM
I don't wanna add fuel to the fire here but,...... I got to play Resistance last week... and I didn't think it was all that great, it was alright but nothing special really. I'm not crazy against the PS3, I don't want it to fail like some do, although I definet am more bias towards the 360.... but still just refuting the fact that even xbox 360 fanboys are excited about resistance.

I can completely respect that, not all games are for everyone and never will be.

SigmaOrionis
10-22-06, 12:29 AM
I'd definitely rather have nice smooth gameplay than a little more resolution. As long as they have at least 4xAA and use good textures I dont really think there is that much difference between the two.

I always had a feeling that 1920x1080 was a little farfetched for action games with open areas. I mean I have a pretty good rig and you can definitely feel a big dropoff going from 1280x960 to 1600x1200. Well anyways you get the point.

I think both of these consoles are gonna be great. Most people will probably end up owning both within the next 18 months so whats with all the squabbling:). Its about the games not the hardware.

MustangSVT
10-22-06, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna get PS3 simply because of Gran Turismo HD. I don't want a PS3, but I've got a Logitech DFP and I've got a Logitech G25 on the way, and I've also got a chassis/setup with the wheel to play on my 52" TV, so I'm kinda forced to get a PS3 (might as well get one) when GT:HD comes out. Sucks I know. :thumbdwn:

I mean.. :captnkill: (depending on how you look at it)

evilchris
10-22-06, 09:18 PM
Hows this comparing anything to the 360?

Anyways, welcome to when Sony said that next generation starts when they say so. Threads like these are justifiable. Goes along with the territory of such arrogant claims. I say nit pick the **** out of the console.

Agree. If Sony didn't make up the bogus term "Full HD", these threads wouldn't exist.

evilchris
10-22-06, 09:21 PM

They fell to pressure. Sony succeeded in shoveling BS into "assclowns" and "idiots" like you ( your insults to another member ), and forced Microsoft to follow. Unfortunatelty most gamers, like you, are stupid ( being insulted isn't nice is it? ) and companies have to appease the masses with crap they don't need ( 1080p )