PDA

View Full Version : x360 owners... enjoying Splinter Cell:DA in MP

Pages : [1] 2

Peoples-Agent
10-21-06, 07:54 AM
Just wondering what you folks think of the multiplayer side to the new splinter cell?

Tempted to go pick up a copy, but MP is more what i'm into than anything else.

Tyr-Sog
10-21-06, 08:08 AM
Yea, I'm going out and getting this game tonight. Unfortunally me and my new wife are in the process of moving and we don't have internet at my new house yet. :(

Anyways, anyone who gets this add me to theit list, hell add me to your lit anyways. :D

Mr. Hunt
10-21-06, 08:18 AM
From the demo on Live Marketplace... the multiplayer seemed fun, but I refuse to buy the game on 360 and I wish Ubisoft would stop being tards with their release dates and get one right for once for the PC.

brady
10-21-06, 09:12 AM
I'm actually thinking of picking this game up for the single player. I'd like to hear what somebody here thinks of it before I go pick it up. Anyone...

Marvel_us
10-21-06, 09:34 AM
I'm actually thinking of picking this game up for the single player. I'd like to hear what somebody here thinks of it before I go pick it up. Anyone...

I haven't played it but from pretty much every review I've seen so far the game is a solid buy. If you liked the others then this one shouldn't be different.

Tyr-Sog
10-21-06, 09:55 AM
I was just reading over at the xbox forums. Many are reporting it's good but only a 5-6 hour beat. Also they aare saying MP is just average and there is no co-op. Many think that the lack in MP options was held and will be available at a later date, for a fee. Don't doubt that.

Rental first maybe.

Peoples-Agent
10-21-06, 11:26 AM
Well, played some into the game and it's pretty damn awesome. Very atmospheric, good mix of stealth tension and action.... love the prison break part.

evilchris
10-21-06, 01:10 PM
but I refuse to buy the game on 360

lol

brady
10-21-06, 06:07 PM
I went out a picked it up. I've only completed the first two missions, but from what I've experienced this is an excellent game. Graphically it's amazing. The atmosphere and storytelling is refreshing. I highly recommend this game. If I had to describe it in one word - Sexy.

brady
10-21-06, 08:39 PM
I'm back. I finished the third mission and now if I had to describe Splinter Cell Double Agent in one word that word would be "scratched". That's right. I started getting freezes and disc errors so I took my 3 hour old retail copy of SC: DA out of my 360, the second time I've ever handled the game disc in my life and noticed that the outer edges of the disc are all scratched up. I can't do anything. It won't load a single mission or new game or anything. I'll try to exchange it at gamestop on monday and if they don't take it back Microsoft will be hearing from me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Zelda_fan
10-21-06, 09:28 PM
but I refuse to buy the game on 360 and I wish Ubisoft would stop being tards with their release dates and get one right for once for the PC.

way to stick it to the man Mr. Hunt.

SigmaOrionis
10-22-06, 12:33 AM
I'm back. I finished the third mission and now if I had to describe Splinter Cell Double Agent in one word that word would be "scratched". That's right. I started getting freezes and disc errors so I took my 3 hour old retail copy of SC: DA out of my 360, the second time I've ever handled the game disc in my life and noticed that the outer edges of the disc are all scratched up. I can't do anything. It won't load a single mission or new game or anything. I'll try to exchange it at gamestop on monday and if they don't take it back Microsoft will be hearing from me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I dont think you'll have a problem returning it for a replacement copy. The inconvience of it still sucks though.

brady
10-22-06, 06:42 AM
I dont think you'll have a problem returning it for a replacement copy. The inconvience of it still sucks though.

I actually got it working. I took a little forehead grease and smeared it on the scratches and then rubbed it in with a soft cloth. The pits of the scratches were filled in with the grease and the laser can read the data now. It looks as good as new. And yes, I'm completely serious.

Mr. Hunt
10-22-06, 07:27 AM
Ok... glad zeldafag and evildouche decided to show up. What is so bad about me refusing to play a game and FORCE myself to use a controller when I prefer keyboard? And don't give me this "ZOMG BUT TEH CONTULER IS GUD!"... I am fine with a controller and have been using them for years, problem is is when I prefer something, I F**KING PREFER IT, and I PREFER to use a mouse and keyboard for a game like Splinter Cell, and playing the SC: DA demo on 360 just confirms that I hate using a controller to play the SC series (even though I bought the original on launch for the Xbox).

Stop acting like such pricks just because I refuse to buy a game that is soon to be available on PC (much like every other 360 game to date, 99% of which are on PC also...)

Peoples-Agent
10-22-06, 07:39 AM
I hope the PC version doesn't let you down, it's too good to miss.

Once my hangover settles down from the 14 pint haul yesterday and having my ass handed to me by kids on XB Live playing GRAW, i'll play some more lol

crainger
10-22-06, 07:43 AM
I actually got it working. I took a little forehead grease and smeared it on the scratches and then rubbed it in with a soft cloth. The pits of the scratches were filled in with the grease and the laser can read the data now. It looks as good as new. And yes, I'm completely serious.

LOL Adapt and Improvise :D

A Flatmate once used toothpaste to clean a rental copy of KotOR he was desperate to play. Worked like a charm, fixed the scratch and left no residue just a minty smell.

brady
10-22-06, 08:52 AM
LOL Adapt and Improvise :D

A Flatmate once used toothpaste to clean a rental copy of KotOR he was desperate to play. Worked like a charm, fixed the scratch and left no residue just a minty smell.

Toothpaste...I'll keep that in mind. :D

Tyr-Sog
10-22-06, 11:16 AM
Well I went to go buy it, ended up getting cod2 for $39 instead lol.

saturnotaku
10-22-06, 12:07 PM
Stop acting like such pricks just because I refuse to buy a game that is soon to be available on PC (much like every other 360 game to date, 99% of which are on PC also...)

Want some cheese with that whine?

PeterJensen
10-22-06, 12:16 PM
hehe i went to get the game today and also got Saint Row and 2 controllers :)
Btw. the SC game is AWSOME!

brady
10-22-06, 07:44 PM
hehe i went to get the game today and also got Saint Row and 2 controllers :)
Btw. the SC game is AWSOME!

Yeah. I'm loving it. I think it's very immersive. And the graphics are fantastic. Pulling people through the ice never gets old! Best game of the series IMO.

evilchris
10-22-06, 09:49 PM
Ok... glad zeldafag and evildouche decided to show up. What is so bad about me refusing to play a game and FORCE myself to use a controller when I prefer keyboard? And don't give me this "ZOMG BUT TEH CONTULER IS GUD!"... I am fine with a controller and have been using them for years, problem is is when I prefer something, I F**KING PREFER IT, and I PREFER to use a mouse and keyboard for a game like Splinter Cell, and playing the SC: DA demo on 360 just confirms that I hate using a controller to play the SC series (even though I bought the original on launch for the Xbox).

99%? Source?

lol

Zelda_fan
10-22-06, 09:58 PM

What a funny little boy!

Mr. Hunt
10-22-06, 10:24 PM
Go back to playing Mario Party 2067 kthx.

evilchris
10-22-06, 10:26 PM
http://www.burgsatzvey.de/seiten/firmen_flatley.jpg