PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 GT OC

M@VRiC
10-21-06, 10:14 AM
Hi folks, well I am new here, and with a real headache of a problem on a XPsp2 box.

As per the title I have a 6800 GT OC agp, It was running fine, but all of a sudden started to play up.

bios see's it, windows recognizes it and will boot the card up in XP's native VGA mode. the nvidia installer sees it, but once any version of nvidia driver is installed all hell breaks loose, I do not get any error messages at all, just a card shut down once the drivers are installed, apon reboot it will go as far as the windows load screen untill the drivers kick in, then the card just shuts down and monitor goes to sleep.

Now this card works in my daughters PC no problems at all, her triplex Ti4800 runs fine on my system, our backup MX440 also runs fine on my box.

I have tried using her power supply to no avail. Have bypassed my UPS unit. Have Installed / uninstalled many different versions of Nv and VIA drivers, used nasty file remover to clean up before each install. Have rolled back the system to a week before hand with System Restore, and WinRescue. Even flashed the bios of the card.

I have no hair left, this has baffled me. All this has started in the last 2 to 3 days. No new software has been installed or drivers for other hardware.

So in a small word HELP!!!!! if you can that is :)

Cheers M@v

LBJM
10-23-06, 01:05 AM
try a fresh install of xp.

sirplayalot
10-23-06, 02:32 AM
Remember, if this card ever dies on you, BFG has their lifetime warrenty! :D

LBJM
10-23-06, 11:10 AM
the card works fine in another machine. system restore only replaces files it does get rid of any files. in order to make your you don't have some other hardware problem you really need to install xp sp2 from scratch.

M@VRiC
10-24-06, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the input guys, it turned out to be a dry jointed capacitor on the mobo that was causing the problem, must have just after time decided to let go, I found it sitting at the bottom of the case. Re fixed it to the mobo, and all is good, actually better. :)

Cheers again.
M@V