PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk Project 8 Demo is on Live Marketplace

LiquidX
10-21-06, 10:43 AM
Its up at about 325mb. It plays great and the graphics really has been ramped up. Havent bought a Tony Hawk since the Dreamcast days so I will be buying this one for sure.

Bad_Boy
10-21-06, 10:49 AM
I was really excited for this one when they first showed that first slow mo promo video, but watching the gameplay videos it almost just seems like more of the same w/ better graphics than last year. I'll have to see how the final game reviews go for this one, until then I'm actually looking forward to seeing what EA can do with SKATE.

|MaguS|
10-21-06, 11:45 AM
I haven't liked a Tony Hawk since the third one, im not a big fan of these huge enviroments they create for the levels. I like the small confined parks and areas. The boat level in the third was my favorite, had my biggest and longest combos on it.

LiquidX
10-21-06, 12:17 PM
I was really excited for this one when they first showed that first slow mo promo video, but watching the gameplay videos it almost just seems like more of the same w/ better graphics than last year. I'll have to see how the final game reviews go for this one, until then I'm actually looking forward to seeing what EA can do with SKATE.

It feels very new to me. The slow mo really adds to the game because it gives you total control plus time to complete your moves more efficiently. I was not a fan of the combo system before as I really did not know what I was doing half the time or couldnt get many of them out being that you had to be so fast. The slow-mo and the controll it gives you over the legs is really great addition and evolution in the series I think. The graphics are just icening on the cake. The more I play this the more I like it. It just feels right. This demo really sold me on the game regardless of any bad reviews it may get. Kind of like Lost Planet where the instant I played it I knew I would buy it.

Arioch
10-21-06, 10:00 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to download it and check it out. Personally, I wish they made a new SSX game and make the last one backwards-compatible on the 360 in the meantime.

toxikneedle
10-22-06, 12:16 PM
This game is pretty fun and looks very good. I'm gettin pissed tho cuz I can never land the nail a trick jumps.

LurkerLito
10-22-06, 11:29 PM
I really like the demo. The slow mo mode is the best. I wasn't planning on buying this game but I think I am going to. F**k it comes out the same time as Gears of War!?!?

toxikneedle
10-22-06, 11:39 PM
I know.... R6 Vegas, Gow, Tony Hawk, CoD3.... prolly jus gonna get GOW for now and spread the other ones out through the holidays.

PeterJensen
10-22-06, 11:59 PM
i have never really been into skate games, but i'm really liking this. I think i will get it.

sirplayalot
10-23-06, 01:29 AM
I know.... R6 Vegas, Gow, Tony Hawk, CoD3.... prolly jus gonna get GOW for now and spread the other ones out through the holidays.

Next month is going to be a great month for 360 owners. :)

Peoples-Agent
10-23-06, 01:39 AM

Hell yeah!

Thats if I can drag myself away from GRAW on XB Live Co-oP anyways.

Got the new SC, so it's Pro Evo 6 , RB6:Vegas, Smackdown vs Raw,Gears of War for me. Got 12 days off work over Xmas too, it's going to be fun.

LurkerLito
10-23-06, 09:19 AM

I don't agree, my wallet is crying bloody murder. :p