PDA

View Full Version : X-box 3: Microsoft inside

Pages : [1] 2

kev13dd
10-21-06, 05:42 PM
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/10/20/ms_to_develop_xbox_chips/

My only hope is that this can mean lowered console costs- although by the time Xbox 3 comes out, I have a feeling inflation will have increased the prices far above what they are now...

K

|MaguS|
10-21-06, 05:45 PM
If the PS3 shows good sales prior to the launch of the next next generation then you will see higher console prices, only reason most consoles launched at the 299/399 range were because that was the "magic" prices... it could all change in the future...

S.I.N
10-22-06, 03:30 PM
Maybe they should fix the one out now before building another.

kev13dd
10-22-06, 03:46 PM
Maybe they should fix the one out now before building another.
Funny that you tried to purchase one from Outpost when the price was low. Seems kinda strange for someone who belives the current ones are "broken" that you would attempt to purchase it. It makes complete sense

K

S.I.N
10-22-06, 03:53 PM
Funny that you tried to purchase one from Outpost when the price was low. Seems kinda strange for someone who belives the current ones are "broken" that you would attempt to purchase it. It makes complete sense

K

Hey, I plan on getting a 360 because it has good games I want to play but their having a **** load of problems and if I do get one it will be with that 2 year warranty because I know it will die on me sooner than later. They should be investing in stopping all these malfunctions instead of thinking three years from now.

t6_shadow
10-22-06, 03:57 PM
If the PS3 shows good sales prior to the launch of the next next generation then you will see higher console prices, only reason most consoles launched at the 299/399 range were because that was the "magic" prices... it could all change in the future...

Agreed. No matter what an item costs to produce a company will charge you the HIGHEST amount a comsumer is willing to pay. Corporate greed FTW.

kev13dd
10-22-06, 03:59 PM
Hey, I plan on getting a 360 because it has good games I want to play but their having a **** load of problems and if I do get one it will be with that 2 year warranty because I know it will die on me sooner than later. They should be investing in stopping all these malfunctions instead of thinking three years from now.
Since I havn't heard of more than 1 or 2 people max who have said their X360 crashed that was manufactured AFTER Dec. 2005, I think Microsoft did do some "fixing". And then to make up for their blunder they offered free replacement of the broken ones. Just because they havn't come out and admitted how bad their mess up was, doesn't mean they havn't fixed it

K

Daydre@m
10-22-06, 04:32 PM
Although I am not a M$ fan but it looks interesting and it might actually help reduce cost. Btw any news on when its arriving , I heard 2009 from someone... dont remember whom... but if its true then Sony might have rush stuff ........ Looks like M$ is becoming more like sony when they developed PS2 , it came first with lots titles and was a good competition for M$.

oldsk00l
10-22-06, 04:35 PM

Malfunctions these days are the exception, not the norm. I don't personally know anybody who has had a 360 fail. You're just being an idiot and regurgitating your same old unsubstantiated moronic diatribe again. Diatribe that I will hopefully never read again, dumbass.

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 04:51 PM
Malfunctions these days are the exception, not the norm. I don't personally know anybody who has had a 360 fail. You're just being an idiot and regurgitating your same old unsubstantiated moronic diatribe again. Diatribe that I will hopefully never read again, dumbass.

Wait... X360s dying is unsubstantiated? Wow are you retarded or what? We have multiple members on this forum alone who have had their systems die on them. There are more on Hardforum and other large sites with a gaming section. Hell if it was unsubstantiated then why did MS change thier policy on defective units and repairs... Why was MS giving refunds to people who have had their X360s repaired?

WoW... stop being in denial... There are problems with the X360... ok its not the end of the world, you don't ahve to ignore everything that you don't like.

oldsk00l
10-22-06, 05:11 PM
Wait... X360s dying is unsubstantiated? Wow are you retarded or what? We have multiple members on this forum alone who have had their systems die on them. There are more on Hardforum and other large sites with a gaming section. Hell if it was unsubstantiated then why did MS change thier policy on defective units and repairs... Why was MS giving refunds to people who have had their X360s repaired?

WoW... stop being in denial... There are problems with the X360... ok its not the end of the world, you don't ahve to ignore everything that you don't like.

Launch units had a serious problem, it's been fixed, and it's covered by Microsoft if you do have a problem. Boo freaking hoo you had a launch unit and had to send it in. I have not seen or heard of a single case where a machine made spring of '06 has had any issues.

evilchris
10-22-06, 09:28 PM
You know what...

I have never put anyone on ignore ever on NVNEWS up until now. Countless arguments with Magus, BadBoy, random people in the political forum, TygerWoody.... some intense flamewars.

However, "S.I.N" is definitely the biggest waste of matter I have ever encountered in my entire life; real life, Internet, saw on news, anywhere.

I have now for the 1st time placed someone on ignore, I just can't go that stupid as to read his posts any longer!

rek075
10-22-06, 10:57 PM

Yet you can't accept that fact that the PS2 went through the same ordeal.

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 11:03 PM
Yet you can't accept that fact that the PS2 went through the same ordeal.

Er, I never said that the PS2s didn't have alot of failures... Just said that it didn't have as high of a failure rate. I know more people who have their original PS2s from launch then I do people who have the launch X360s.

S.I.N
10-23-06, 02:51 AM
You know what...

I have never put anyone on ignore ever on NVNEWS up until now. Countless arguments with Magus, BadBoy, random people in the political forum, TygerWoody.... some intense flamewars.

However, "S.I.N" is definitely the biggest waste of matter I have ever encountered in my entire life; real life, Internet, saw on news, anywhere.

I have now for the 1st time placed someone on ignore, I just can't go that stupid as to read his posts any longer!

I'am honored.(nana2) Do you even actually play games? It seems like all you do in this section is defend Microsoft and kick dirt on anything Sony. I sure wish I get the same prototype 360 as you, zeldafan and oldschool got because its doing something no other 360 has done...which is survive a year.(pirate)

Zelda_fan
10-23-06, 12:40 PM
I'am honored.(nana2) Do you even actually play games? It seems like all you do in this section is defend Microsoft and kick dirt on anything Sony. I sure wish I get the same prototype 360 as you, zeldafan and oldschool got because its doing something no other 360 has done...which is survive a year.(pirate)

Could be from the fact that we have lives and don't play the xbox 24 hours a day. For the people who's console failed, I'd be curious to see how much they would play at one time.

Either way, the console shouldn't fail, but just listing a possible reason why my xbox is working.

GamerGuyX
10-23-06, 12:43 PM

I also got my 360 on launch day (November 22, 2005 - my birthday no less) and it works perfectly.

Seriously, if you want I'll provide proof. What do you want me to do? Just name it.

I can take a picture of the manufacturing date of my 360 if you wan't. Or I can take a picture of it playing a game on my HDTV. Or a combination of both.

Mr. Hunt
10-23-06, 12:49 PM
Could be from the fact that we have lives and don't play the xbox 24 hours a day. For the people who's console failed, I'd be curious to see how much they would play at one time.

Either way, the console shouldn't fail, but just listing a possible reason why my xbox is working.

So it is only the zen of gaming if you play 1 hour a day? I have had my PS2 since launch and I used to play that thing on my days off for hours and hours (like 15-ish)... and it is still running flawlessly, so if I can't do the same with a 360 that kind of sucks... lucky for me though I bought a 360 late but still got one made before 2006... so I should be covered on the "systems crap out a lot era" warranty.

GamerGuyX
10-23-06, 12:53 PM
I guess it's to bad that I have no life compared to ZF because I play my 360 all the time.

:D

Zelda_fan
10-23-06, 12:56 PM
So it is only the zen of gaming if you play 1 hour a day? I have had my PS2 since launch and I used to play that thing on my days off for hours and hours (like 15-ish)... and it is still running flawlessly, so if I can't do the same with a 360 that kind of sucks... lucky for me though I bought a 360 late but still got one made before 2006... so I should be covered on the "systems crap out a lot era" warranty.

Oh I agree consoles should run 15+ hours a day without problems. I'm just saying maybe that was the issue with the original xbox's.

GamerGuyX
10-23-06, 12:57 PM
Oh I agree consoles should run 15+ hours a day without problems. I'm just saying maybe that was the issue with the original xbox's.

But that couldn't be it since MINE STILL WORKS!

Bitches!!!one11iione!

(stop ignoring my posts)

Zelda_fan
10-23-06, 12:58 PM
I guess it's to bad that I have no life compared to ZF because I play my 360 all the time.

When Zelda launches I plan on taking two days off of work and locking myself in a room, so don't worry.

oldsk00l
10-23-06, 05:09 PM

I obsessively play mine, and it's never had an issue. A few guys I know use theirs twice as much as I use mine and theirs never has had an issue.

evilchris
10-23-06, 06:28 PM
You guys are liars and fanboys. All 360's are broken.

six_storm
10-23-06, 06:38 PM
I thought I was lucky buying my 360 on New Years with a manufacturer's date of 12/12/05 . . . but mine finally bit the dust last week. Oh well, should be getting mine fixed or getting a new one come this Saturday. I think that it's a good thing mine broke just b/c I'm sure it would've happened sooner or later due to it being one of the first hundred thousands made lol.