PDA

View Full Version : Question on saving settings.

Dirthead
10-21-06, 07:57 PM
Hi, Is there a way to set the AA,AF setting per game. For ex:

Like when i play Single player games is there a way to force AA,AF to the max (4/8 or 16)on the card. For MP i dont want to force aa,af as it does not help my performance and i have been going to the card setting and changing the settings before i play so when i play single player games,cod2,hl2,racing games etc,

ANyone understand what im trying to ask>?

CaptNKILL
10-21-06, 10:02 PM
Sounds like you should be using the profiles in your drivers. It makes the drivers use different settings when specific programs are run. SLI users NEED profiles to make SLI work correctly with most games, but for everyone else their pretty much just for what you said... to force AF\AA in some games and not in others.

Its pretty self explanitory how they work, but with a neat little program called nhancer (http://www.nhancer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148), you can configure things much easier than you can when trying to mess with the glitchy nvidia control panel.

When using the program, tell it to enable the SLI profiles too... that way it adds just about every game to the profile list and all you have to do is find the game and change the settings.

Dirthead
10-21-06, 11:51 PM
This has nothing todo with overclocking does it? I cannot afford to damage my card,which is my next question could this program cause damage to my card if used the wrong way?I think i understand how the program works and i hope it does what i would like for it to do and not do any damage to my system.

One more question if your able to answer it it does nhancer have to be running for the profiles to work?

Thank you.

DataMatrix
10-22-06, 01:05 PM
This has nothing todo with overclocking does it? I cannot afford to damage my card,which is my next question could this program cause damage to my card if used the wrong way?I think i understand how the program works and i hope it does what i would like for it to do and not do any damage to my system.

One more question if your able to answer it it does nhancer have to be running for the profiles to work?

Thank you.

No, profiles are not overclocking, look at it this way:

1) You create a profile called F.E.A.R for example.
2) You put the sliders on AA/AF to the top
3) You play Age of Empires
4) You go to play F.E.A.R
5) The Drivers say, "Hey! Your about to play F.E.A.R, let me just change the settings... ok you're good to go!" ;)

Dirthead
10-23-06, 12:42 AM
Yea, It seems to be doing good. HL2 looks the best i ever saw it run on my system,using the combined aa setting and have it set at the 4xs really made it look better,thinking about trying the 16xs setting and see if my card can handle that without lagging or get to warm etc but it seems to be doing just what i was looking for now i do not have to change the settings from when i play games offline and online games. Not sure why but some games like COD2 online with the setttings on high is unplayable,but i can play the single player mode with all the settings on high just fine.

Thanks guys

:captnkill: