PDA

View Full Version : System Shock 2 COOP!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 01:20 AM
Who's up for some? 4 Player Coop... BRING IT ON!

(nana2)

Sorry, Just really happy to get the game finally running on my system... It's possibly my most favorite PC game ever.

crainger
10-22-06, 01:32 AM
I've been meaning to replay SS2 while the graphics mods. Even more so with Bioshock shaping up so well.

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 01:33 AM
Eh, Bioshock is so "lite" the RPG elements look weak really...

Becoming
10-22-06, 01:50 AM
I'd be up for some co-op, but I don't have it installed atm. :(

p.s. Plus I'm busy playing this crazy Gothic 3 thing I got from gogamer. I think I'm hooked even with the bugs and balance issues.

crainger
10-22-06, 03:09 AM
Eh, Bioshock is so "lite" the RPG elements look weak really...

Really? Well hopefully they can keep the same creepy uncomfortable atmosphere at least.

CaptNKILL
10-22-06, 04:26 AM
Really? Well hopefully they can keep the same creepy uncomfortable atmosphere at least.
Personally, I'm hoping for a bit of non-violent character interaction. SS2 was an excellent game but it seemed to be missing something because everything was either empty or hostile.

Itd be nice to eventually get to some sort of safe area where you can talk to people, get information, learn some back story and maybe get some equipment.

If its all kill sneak kill sneak kill sneak itl probably still be awesome, but I'd prefer some kind of non-violent interaction with people (or mutants, or robots or whatever) at some point to add some depth to the game.

Something as simple as talking to someone or exploring a non-hostile area can add a tremendous amount of depth to an action oriented game. Just about all of my top action games are up there because of the nice touches of character interaction, exploration or puzzle solving to break up the kill fest.

I think Bioshock will deliver though. From the description of the whole Big Daddy and Little Sister thing, it sounds like there will be some really cool opportunities for non-violent interaction available.

Gaco
10-22-06, 07:14 AM
Personally, I'm hoping for a bit of non-violent character interaction. SS2 was an excellent game but it seemed to be missing something because everything was either empty or hostile.

Itd be nice to eventually get to some sort of safe area where you can talk to people, get information, learn some back story and maybe get some equipment.

If its all kill sneak kill sneak kill sneak itl probably still be awesome, but I'd prefer some kind of non-violent interaction with people (or mutants, or robots or whatever) at some point to add some depth to the game.

Something as simple as talking to someone or exploring a non-hostile area can add a tremendous amount of depth to an action oriented game. Just about all of my top action games are up there because of the nice touches of character interaction, exploration or puzzle solving to break up the kill fest.

I think Bioshock will deliver though. From the description of the whole Big Daddy and Little Sister thing, it sounds like there will be some really cool opportunities for non-violent interaction available.

Yeah, unquestionably.. unfortunately I think they somehow spend way too much time on the Big Daddy / Little Sister thing, that should have been left as a cool detail in a diverse world, not being one of the most central aspects in the game - really it's not THAT cool. I was optimistic with Bioshock until I saw the 15 min. presentation. I mean it looks really great and all, better than 95% of all games out there, but at the same time I can't help but to draw parallels to the release of Deus Ex 2: Invisible War compared to Deus Ex 1. It all looks so console-ish, RPG elements so non-complex and all areas so small. No mistake, I'm still looking 100% foward to Bioshock just with scaled-down expectations..

Anyway SS2 Coop sounds cool, does it really work over the internet?

anticitizenzero
10-22-06, 02:45 PM
I dont' know if anyone here remembers Parasite Eve back for the psx, but it had a weapon modding system that would be perfect for an FPS like bioshock.

superklye
10-22-06, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have links to the SS2 graphics mods? I remember some from back in the day, and it looked really nice, but I last saw that maybe 3 years ago and it was far from complete. I can't even remember the name.

I also got REALLY far into the game, but then something happened and I lost the savegames. :(

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have links to the SS2 graphics mods? I remember some from back in the day, and it looked really nice, but I last saw that maybe 3 years ago and it was far from complete. I can't even remember the name.

I also got REALLY far into the game, but then something happened and I lost the savegames. :(

All the System Shock 2 Mods you need...
http://www.strangebedfellows.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=8fdc551c9d71e55e9ecc1338f5be29 17&board=2.0

superklye
10-22-06, 04:24 PM
You're a gentleman and a scholar, Mag.

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 04:32 PM
You're a gentleman and a scholar, Mag.

Now lets play coop!

S.I.N
10-22-06, 04:41 PM
I've been trying to get this game to run on my system for months. How you got it to work?

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 04:42 PM
I've been trying to get this game to run on my system for months. How you got it to work?

Basically install it, patched it and then replaced the cinematics from the original install with the "aquired" version.

S.I.N
10-22-06, 04:43 PM
Basically install it, patched it and then replaced the cinematics from the original install with the "aquired" version.

How you do that? I have the CD, patched it and still wont work?

CaptNKILL
10-22-06, 04:49 PM
How you do that? I have the CD, patched it and still wont work?
The "abandonware" version of the game that can be found various places has re-encoded videos so that they work on modern computers. I know the game technically isnt "abandoned" but seeing how most people cant even play the original (or even buy it), I think its acceptable to go the Torrent route to enjoy a classic game.

S.I.N
10-22-06, 04:56 PM
The "abandonware" version of the game that can be found various places has re-encoded videos so that they work on modern computers. I know the game technically isnt "abandoned" but seeing how most people cant even play the original (or even buy it), I think its acceptable to go the Torrent route to enjoy a classic game.

Damn it. Me and torrents dont mix because of my connection so I'am ****ed I guess. But I will look for this "abandonware" version. Thanks.

|MaguS|
10-22-06, 04:56 PM
I don't agree with CaptNKill, even though I had to use a part of the "aquired" version. I own the original and once I got it working I deleted the files. I have uploaded everything you need to this rar file. There are no cracks or illegal files within it. Share it with anyone who actual owns the game and wants to play it on a modern rig.

http://dl021.filefactory.com/dl/f/2dc1bc/b/3/h/e133a7e541af3bd4/

CaptNKILL
10-22-06, 05:25 PM
I don't agree with CaptNKill, even though I had to use a part of the "aquired" version. I own the original and once I got it working I deleted the files. I have uploaded everything you need to this rar file. There are no cracks or illegal files within it. Share it with anyone who actual owns the game and wants to play it on a modern rig.

http://dl021.filefactory.com/dl/f/2dc1bc/b/3/h/e133a7e541af3bd4/
That works too. :thumbsup:

S.I.N
10-23-06, 03:44 AM
Thanks magus. I will rib on you less now.(nana2)

grey_1
10-23-06, 08:39 AM
I'd love to play this but I can't find anything that looks like a reputable site to buy it from:(

CaptNKILL
10-23-06, 08:41 AM
I'd love to play this but I can't find anything that looks like a reputable site to buy it from:(
eBay is pretty much the only way to go to purchase out of print games... or you can get it overpriced from amazon marketplace.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-8742631-8929534?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=system+shock+2&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Becoming
10-23-06, 09:57 AM
Sometimes Amazon prices aren't too bad for that, but it varies wildly depending on the game.

CaptNKILL
10-23-06, 11:20 AM
Sometimes Amazon prices aren't too bad for that, but it varies wildly depending on the game.
I know, I usually get games and music from amazon marketplace but if its an old out of print game that is considered a "classic", the price is always close to what it was when the game was new (some times higher). IMO, spending that much just to play the game 10 years later isnt really necessary seeing how the developers and publishers (if they even still exist) havent been getting money from the game for years.

If you want the box, CD and manual for collecting purposes, you have to pay a premium. There are bare CDs and jewel case copies of SS2 on ebay for far less than that though.

I saw one auction on there that had SS2 in the original box (not the "classics" box with the gold on it) still sealed from the store... it was really expensive too.

I'm going to try to pick up a boxed copy of SS2 to stick on my shelf, but only if I can get it for a decent price. Theres no way I'm going to blow $50+ on it just to fill the pockets of some guy who probably burned a copy of it for himself. :p

|MaguS|
10-23-06, 12:04 PM
I got two copies of the game, An original boxed unused copy and a rereleased EA boxed one which I use. I bought these when they were still available at EB so I really didn't pay much (original price and then 29.99 for the EA version).