PDA

View Full Version : Are you playing Company of Heroes..?

Gaco
10-22-06, 09:14 AM
..then state your account name here so we can all add our favorte NvNews people to our friends list on Relic Online :D

Mine is: Gaco ;)

jAkUp
10-22-06, 10:02 AM
I am playing but not MP ;) Not too good at RTS's yet...

Lfctony
10-22-06, 10:22 AM
Lfctony here, don't have any matches yet though. Currently occupying myself with Dark Crusade. :)

jAkUp
10-22-06, 10:26 AM
Yea, I have never been a fan of RTS games, just not really my thing, but I definetely do love CoH... but not too good at it I think...heh

Gaco
10-22-06, 10:56 AM
I'm not very good at it either, but I'm planning on getting much better and I'm willing to spend the time training for it :D

CoH is just such a unique and special RTS for me, I'm gonna be playing it for a long time to come.. If you're interested in watching the pros duke it out complete with audio commentaries (so called podcasts), I've found this website (http://tales.tsncentral.com/) to be a haven - I can definently recommend it :thumbsup:
(The website layout may be a little confusing at first, but let it grow on ya ;))

But seriously guys, since we're all still noobs why don't we try and battle it out on eachother? :)

PSYCHODAD
10-22-06, 11:27 AM
Lfctony here, don't have any matches yet though. Currently occupying myself with Dark Crusade. :)
Played a LAN game of Dark Crusade last night. Very cool game. Playing CoH also, but still can barely beat the computer on a normal difficulty skirmish.

Gaco
10-22-06, 11:56 AM
Stop playing DoW and start playing CoH damnit :cry:

I am playing but not MP ;) Not too good at RTS's yet...

BTW jAkUp I've played a lot of RTS' through the times, never got really at any, except for generals, and I definently think that CoH is a GREAT place to start! ;)

Stoneyguy
10-22-06, 01:08 PM
Currently occupying myself with Dark Crusade. :)

ditto. Dark Crusade is awesome!

Lfctony
10-22-06, 01:12 PM
Played a LAN game of Dark Crusade last night. Very cool game. Playing CoH also, but still can barely beat the computer on a normal difficulty skirmish.

I can beat the Normal AI reasonably easy, I also played lots of 3v3 vs the hard AI with 2 more AI on my side, beat those too. Very good game, Relic did a great job. I can only imagine how DoW 2 will play. :captnkill:

fugu_fish
10-23-06, 09:15 AM
I actually played my first MP the other day and it was pretty good. I believe the map was called Vire River Valley. My partner and I were barely holding on to the river crossing. Everytime I built defenses the enemy would wipe it out with artillery strikes. It was a stalemate for an hour. I guess I was the meatshield because my partner built up a force of 7 Pz IVs (I had 2 Panthers, too) and we crossed the river in force, wiped out the arty and went straight for one of the enemy bases. That guy dropped out and we won. Not bad for a noob.

account name is fugufish

Gaco
10-23-06, 12:24 PM
Real good CoH community site: http://www.gamereplays.org/coh/portal.htm (also check out Tales of Heroes I mentioned earlier in this thread).

I'll try to add you fugufish, but I don't know if I can do that when you're online. Anyway where are you from? We might as well give up if we have like opposite timezones :(

Roliath
10-23-06, 05:49 PM
Is it just me, or does CoH run pretty chopppy?
Maybe its my rig? But I would think I could run it maxxed out

a12ctic
10-23-06, 07:25 PM
im pretty sure its just a poor performer, i used to love rts, but nothing has been really exciting for me latly, its all the same old. AOE2 was epicly good, after that though there hasnt been a whole lot of innovation. I also enjoyed warcraft 3.

fugu_fish
10-24-06, 06:31 AM
Is it just me, or does CoH run pretty chopppy?
Maybe its my rig? But I would think I could run it maxxed out

Sometimes it runs choppy for me when starting a skirmish map. I either restart the map, reload a save or exit the game and start again then it runs smooth. I don't think they quite have the SLI thing figured out yet. The next patch is supposed to fix SLI scaling so hopefully that does the trick.

Bman212121
10-25-06, 02:32 PM
Sometimes it runs choppy for me when starting a skirmish map. I either restart the map, reload a save or exit the game and start again then it runs smooth. I don't think they quite have the SLI thing figured out yet. The next patch is supposed to fix SLI scaling so hopefully that does the trick.

It probably is an SLI issue. I'm running a single 6800GT @ ultra specs and the game runs really good @ 1440 x 900 with medium settings.

I am playing but not MP Not too good at RTS's yet...
I've been playing RTS games for over 10 years and I'm still not good at it. I usually get wasted when I play online. It is fun though if you can find other people around your skill level, because at least then you stand a chance.

Ninjaman09
10-25-06, 03:45 PM
I would like to try this game...oh yeah, I downloaded the demo weeks ago...heh heh...

zampe
11-02-06, 01:05 PM
..then state your account name here so we can all add our favorte NvNews people to our friends list on Relic Online :D

Mine is: Gaco ;)

Mine is : zampe
See you on a battlefield situation ;)

Ninjaman09
11-02-06, 01:14 PM
I played the demo and thoroughly enjoyed it but I've got too much other stuff going on to give this game the time it clearly needs and deserves...I might pick it up some other time.

slick
11-02-06, 09:15 PM
I can't say that I've thoroughly enjoyed an RTS since AOE2 or Warcraft 3. They were both amazing in their own right, and DOTA is still downright awesome.

Bman212121
11-02-06, 11:12 PM
Alright, I went for it and signed up for Online.

User is UIGBman.

So far I've got my A$$ kicked twice and the one I was winning on my pc locked up. I think I was going to end up losing that eventually though. :(

Anyone have any strategies they would like to share?

crainger
11-02-06, 11:17 PM
Alright, I went for it and signed up for Online.

User is UIGBman.

UIGBman

UIBGman

UBIGman :D

Bman212121
11-03-06, 11:18 AM
UIGBman

UIBGman

UBIGman :D

ROFL!!

It's actually supposed to have a dash in it. UIG-Bman It's my tag that I use for my unreal server. Unreal InstaGib. I don't have one going right now, but I'll run another when 07 comes out.

stncttr908
11-03-06, 12:11 PM
I finally got a chance to get back into it last night. I'm about to start the St. Lo mission.