PDA

View Full Version : p5n32-sli premium crashing

Brian3744
10-22-06, 02:57 PM
Hi all, this is my first time posting and I need help. I just built a new rig..
P5N32-SLI Premium
EVGA 7950GT KO (2)
Intel E6400
Roswill 600W PSU (SLI cert)
1G(2x512) XMS2 TWIN2X1024-6400C4

The system runs stable.. that is until I enter a game, World of Warcraft for example. The game will run for about a minute and then, bam - locks up and my system reboots. I am currently testing the machine with one video card at a time and it happens with both.

All the bios settings are set to auto because any other setting causes instability regardless of system load.

The drivers that come with the hardware is the same as the latest available from Nvidia's site. I even tried some beta drivers and the same thing
chipset - 9.53
video - 91.47

I tried setting the max_frames to 0 suggestion under the additional D3D settings and that didnt help.

Any help or experience with this would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Dazz
10-22-06, 03:00 PM
Try using one stick of memory at a time also incase you have a bad stick.

Brian3744
10-22-06, 04:06 PM
hmm, ok. I just got done running each stick individually. I was able to run each one at 4-4-4-12 without any issue.. but, when I would put the other in, I get hardlocks and blue screens. So, the RAM appears to be ok but now the question is if I have a bunk mobo or if its a bios bug?

Any other suggestions? Is anyone running a similar setup successfully?

I have the latestes bios - I havent found any beta bios to try. Im wondering if I should go ahead and get an RMA for the board.

Dazz
10-22-06, 04:14 PM
So it could be one of the DIMM sockets could be damaged or fualty then.
Try the other sockets for dual channel

Brian3744
10-22-06, 04:20 PM
So it could be one of the DIMM sockets could be damaged or fualty then.
Try the other sockets for dual channel

yeah, just got trying that with no luck..

Dazz
10-22-06, 05:23 PM
Well if that does not work then there is something else causing problems.

dmann304
10-22-06, 08:56 PM
Serious due, the board is garbage. Not to ffend but ASUS wants nothing to do with the P5N32 SLI boards. Their is a fault with the board design.

Im sure you done everything but serious the board has issues ASUS rather not comment on.

The SE of the P5n32 fixed alot of stuff from not being DDR2 800 support to bad pci pci-ex latency issues to conroe support.

Just RMA the board and tell ASUS to send you the SE version. They shoud do knowing the issues with the board.

Brian3744
10-22-06, 09:46 PM
Serious due, the board is garbage. Not to ffend but ASUS wants nothing to do with the P5N32 SLI boards. Their is a fault with the board design.

Im sure you done everything but serious the board has issues ASUS rather not comment on.

The SE of the P5n32 fixed alot of stuff from not being DDR2 800 support to bad pci pci-ex latency issues to conroe support.

Just RMA the board and tell ASUS to send you the SE version. They shoud do knowing the issues with the board.

Yeah, Im afraid I have to agree with you - this board is grabage and with the 680 rumored to be around the corner, bios updates will probably be to little to late..
I see an RMA in my future.

dmann304
10-22-06, 10:18 PM
That would be the way to go. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

superklye
10-25-06, 02:05 AM
I'm having an issue with this board, too...I can't get a valid IP address to save my life. Using both integrated LAN ports (with the initial driver install after Windows and a removal/reinstall a bit later) and even a PCI Linksys Ethernet card, I keep getting a bogus IP.

I don't know what the deal is...I had no problems with the connection on my previous mobo and I've never experienced something like this before. I don't think I've done anything to bork the settings, but I can't seem to do anything to get it working. :(

Is this a known board issue?

superklye
10-25-06, 03:25 AM
Well, now I can get on with my wireless card. I really hope the issue is just that I don't have SP1/2 installed yet and once those get installed, all of these NIC issues will disappear. I don't want to have to use wireless when I've got a much faster RJ-45 connection that's worked on every other board I've ever used... :(

Dazz
10-25-06, 09:23 AM
Have you tried setting up a static IP address and see if that works?

superklye
10-25-06, 10:21 AM
Have you tried setting up a static IP address and see if that works?
No...I've had problems doing that in the past, but if SP2 and all the other updates being installed didn't fix the problem, then I may have to try that.

It kept saying that the IP was an "Automatic Private Address" and was a 169 IP instead of being assigned by the DHCP and being a 192 address.

That makes me nervous, because I remember that happening all the time a few years ago when I was a network tech for Marquette's dorm-living students. I can't remember how I fixed that. :(