PDA

View Full Version : Auzentech and driver support?

nekrosoft13
10-22-06, 07:57 PM
I been looking at the new Auzentech sound card, that supposed to be out soon (no ETA).

but i was looking thru their download section, and last driver was released on June 1st and its a beta!.

thats almost 4 months and no new driver. Thats quite pathetic.

Creative drivers are not perfect, but at least they try to improve them.

crainger
10-22-06, 08:55 PM
I been looking at the new Auzentech sound card, that supposed to be out soon (no ETA).

but i was looking thru their download section, and last driver was released on June 1st and its a beta!.

thats almost 4 months and no new driver. Thats quite pathetic.

Creative drivers are not perfect, but at least they try to improve them.

Yep. On that note a new Audigy driver was released 9th Oct for those who (like me) missed it.

nekrosoft13
10-22-06, 09:15 PM
in case you missed it the new x-fi driver released on 19th, also works perfectly with audigy ;)

i would really like to get that new Auzentech sound card, but currently they driver support blows, last driver to be out in June thats pathetic

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 01:35 AM
http://www.auzentech.com/products_xmeridian.html

this new card, looks great on paper

but their tech support(drivers) scare me :|

even worse then creative

CaptNKILL
10-23-06, 01:46 AM
My brother has an eXplosion sound card (he needed it for the DDL support) and it seems to work great for him. I never notice any sound problems with games or music or anything else.

IMO, putting out stable drivers that work is more important than updating them often.

Redeemed
10-23-06, 04:20 AM
My brother has an eXplosion sound card (he needed it for the DDL support) and it seems to work great for him. I never notice any sound problems with games or music or anything else.

IMO, putting out stable drivers that work is more important than updating them often.

QFT

The reason Auzentech isn't putting out as many new drivers is cause they don't need to.

Anything I hear about Auzentech's cards has been awesome. In fact, I'm bent on getting their X-Plosion 7.1 sound card. Crysis will pwn in DD or DTS digital. :firedevil

Get the card and never look back. I am certain you wont regret it. ;)

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 07:26 AM
if you look thru customers review on sites like newegg. there is allot of people mentioning driver problems and BSOD caused by the card

hardly stable drivers

a12ctic
10-23-06, 08:20 AM
If its not broken why fix it? if theyre drivers work fine then why change them?

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 09:02 AM
those drivers are not fine, they cause system problems and there is always room for improvement

opengl 1.4 was not broken, why release 2.0
shader 3.0 was not broken, why release 4.0
directx9 is not broken, why release 10
xp is not broken, why release vista
linux kernel what ever is not broken, why release a new version

because there is always room for improvement

Gnu_Raiz
10-23-06, 01:21 PM
if you look thru customers review on sites like newegg. there is allot of people mentioning driver problems and BSOD caused by the card
hardly stable drivers

I have been following a few threads, if you go to avsforum and look in the htpc area this will answer a lot of questions about drivers, and installs. Just checking that thread it seems that lots of problems are Window's problems, I would also suggest you read the creative reviews on newegg as well. If you deinstall your sound drivers before you install your new card, most of the time you wont have problems.

I think that most of those BSOD have not deinstalled the sound drivers, would you install a new ATI, Nvidia graphics driver over your current drivers? Why not the same for sound drivers? Why are some people very satisified, the only problem I see is lack of Gnu\Linux drivers, as well as BSD.

Gnu_Raiz

Xion X2
10-23-06, 01:38 PM
I have the Xplosion, and the only game I've ever had a problem with was Halo. And they released a driver fix specifically for that game.

All other games sound great. There's nothing like playing Oblivion in true 5.1 surround when you can hear the wind blowing through the trees all around you and crickets chirping in the grass from all angles. Sounds incredible.

Prey may sound even better, tho. Makes great use of surround. In that one scene on Prey at the beginning when Tommy first sees all the soldiers walking up the walls of the spaceship, even after I walked into the next room I could still hear them walking up the walls, and it sounded like they were right outside my bedroom.

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 01:58 PM
aha

so i'm the only one worried that the last released driver is from June, its a beta driver dated from January

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=MEDIA
ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
provider=%ProviderName%
LayoutFile=layout.inf, layout1.inf, layout2.inf
DriverVer=01/03/2006,5.12.01.0047
CatalogFile=cmuda3.cat

so since january 3rd there was no update, thats pathetic.

sound card drivers should be like video card drivers, new version at least every 3 months.

their driver support is even more pathetic then creative. and don't call me creative fanboy, because i'm not. i really wanted to get Auzentech new sound card
http://www.auzentech.com/products_xmeridian.html

but with support like this, i probably won't

a12ctic
10-23-06, 05:09 PM
those drivers are not fine, they cause system problems and there is always room for improvement

opengl 1.4 was not broken, why release 2.0
shader 3.0 was not broken, why release 4.0
directx9 is not broken, why release 10
xp is not broken, why release vista
linux kernel what ever is not broken, why release a new version

because there is always room for improvement
Opengl 2.0, s4.0, dx10, vista, and linux kernel are released becuase we have better hardware to support it. If a driver takes full advantage of the specific peice of hardware there absoltly no reason to upgrade it.

Why would they be like video card drivers? theres new computer games released every few weeks that gfx cards might not be optimized for, its not the same for sound cards.

Redeemed
10-23-06, 05:28 PM
Opengl 2.0, s4.0, dx10, vista, and linux kernel are released becuase we have better hardware to support it. If a driver takes full advantage of the specific peice of hardware there absoltly no reason to upgrade it.

Why would they be like video card drivers? theres new computer games released every few weeks that gfx cards might not be optimized for, its not the same for sound cards.

Some people just don't like trying something new.

OP,

Go with a Creative soundcard then. I wish you the best of luck. I know I'm having problems on my mom's rig which is using a SB Live! 5.1. Runs fine most of the time, but occassionally there is a problem.

I still strongly urge you to invest in that Auzentech sound card. I'm sure you would not be disappointed. Just make sure you uninstall the drivers to your old sound card first. ;)