PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Fornever update

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
10-23-06, 12:22 AM
- They've never given up on Duke Nukem Forever. Canceling the game has never really been discussed (when that question was posed to him).

- The game will be fun. The developers that have been hired recently have been blown away by what they've seen of the game.

- Thinks the game will live up to expectations though no game will ever live up to a long development history such as DNF. However, he's confident the fans/gamers will be satisfied with it.

- Marketing for the game will begin 10-12 months out. Basically when we finally see new stuff, we'll be a year out from playing the game.

- Still "When it's done" but light is slowing coming in the tunnel. Most likely a couple years yet.

http://www.duke4.net/news.php

|MaguS|
10-23-06, 12:31 AM
acouple years ?!?! WTF!

This is just ****ing stupid now...

sirplayalot
10-23-06, 12:31 AM
I just laugh when I read news about DNF.

Zelda_fan
10-23-06, 12:33 AM
I hope someone drops a bomb on their studio just so they can't torture their fans anymore.

toxikneedle
10-23-06, 01:07 AM
gg duke nukem, g effin g

shungokusatsu
10-23-06, 01:39 AM
acouple years ?!?! WTF!

This is just ****ing stupid now...
After reading that, I've pretty much lost all hope. By then, there will be a newer better engine out and they'll switch over to it. 1UP's release date (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=2009693) pretty much sums it up. I guess there's always the chance my grandchildren or great grandchildren will play it :thumbdwn:

Redeemed
10-23-06, 01:47 AM
This is freakin' dumb. I doubt I'd pick up a copy, even if they released it this Christmas. What upsets me is how long they've kept everybody in the dark about this game.

Not good business practice, that's for sure.

Burnt_Ram
10-23-06, 08:23 AM
waiting for DX10 are they :thumbdwn: man O man, i'll be retired by the time this game see's the light of day! :(

Namrok
10-23-06, 08:25 AM
We'll have Daikatana 2 by the time this is out.

And it'll be good too!

Redshirt #24
10-23-06, 11:07 AM
Hey, now, that's crazy talk.

XP_GUN
10-23-06, 12:19 PM
Wow how many years have it been in development? I just hope that Stalker doesn’t turn into this.

superklye
10-23-06, 12:20 PM
hahaha...I just saw the title of this and burst out laughing in the middle of the office. Whoops. :D

Brimstone7
10-23-06, 08:50 PM
The fact that they haven't released a single screenshot in the last five years or so leads me to believe that they are just out-and-out lying at this point.

|MaguS|
10-23-06, 08:52 PM
I bet the game is done and its just collecting dust on a shelf... they just wana know how long they can keep this **** up.

crainger
10-23-06, 09:18 PM
Oh I better preorder.

ENU291
10-23-06, 09:22 PM
Where are these people getting the funds to continue to develop this game? Did the last Duke Nukem make THAT much money?

crainger
10-23-06, 09:25 PM
Where are these people getting the funds to continue to develop this game? Did the last Duke Nukem make THAT much money?

Duke Nukem gets paid in babes. Duke has enough babes to be in development for another 20 years.

BioHazZarD
10-24-06, 05:36 AM
HAHA a couple of years.. yeah right who on earth do they think they can fool ? they have soone passeed 10 year mark and still they claim its a few years ahead.

msxyz
10-24-06, 06:02 AM
Broussard and Miller have ammassed a decent amount of money in the 80s and 90s. These two guys played a big role in the vidoegame industry in the last two decades. Apogee, back in the day, was a big publisher. Don't forget that they're also funding Remedy entertainment (Max Payne 1,2, Alan Wake) and probably they own a part of them, too.

Since Duke Nukem Forever is 3DRealms brainchild and they're devoting their own resources to develop it, there isn't any reason to poke fun at them. It's their money, after all. People should wait for the final product before judgeing.

Greg
10-24-06, 06:20 AM
Developer diary:

o Pentium 3 coding - Doh!
o Hardware accelerated rendering - Doh!
o DirectX6 - Doh!
o Windows 98 released - Doh!
o DirectX7 - Doh!
o TnL - Doh!
o DirectX8 - Doh!
o Vertex Shaders - Doh!
o 1024 res standard - Doh!
o DVD drives available - Doh!
o WindowsXP released - Doh!
o DirectX9 - Doh!
o 1280 res, Widescreens common - Doh!
o Pixel shaders - Doh!
o Windows Vista - Doh!
o Multi CPU - Doh!
o DirectX 10 - Doh!

They must spend all their time just updating their tech let alone making a game.

CaptNKILL
10-24-06, 07:41 AM
:rofl

That seems pretty accurate to me.

I think the last time the game was actually "real" was in 2001, the year XP was released.

I wonder if itl actually show up next year in some form because of Vista...

naaa... :p

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 07:53 AM
:rofl

That seems pretty accurate to me.

I think the last time the game was actually "real" was in 2001, the year XP was released.

I wonder if itl actually show up next year in some form because of Vista...

naaa... :p

didn't you hear it will be bundled with vista SP1, right next to solitare

Namrok
10-24-06, 07:59 AM
The List (http://duke.a-13.net/)

I love this part.

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:
* The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
* The theory of General Relativity.
* The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.

flukester
10-24-06, 12:56 PM
A couple of years? roflmao!!!

ralinn
10-24-06, 02:06 PM
wah wah wah wah