PDA

View Full Version : RivaTuner 2.0 RC16.1 with Vista support availible..

JamesDax
10-23-06, 09:58 AM
Title says it all. You can get it here. (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner)

grey_1
10-23-06, 11:45 AM
Added experimental limited Vista x32 support. Now all RivaTuner's low-level features including low-level overclocking, hardware monitoring, fan control, color correction and hardware diagnostics for both ATI and NVIDIA GPU based display adapters are also available under Vista. Take a note that currently RivaTuner doesn't support any Vista display drivers, so none of driver level functions (e.g. driver-level Direct3D/OpenGL settings tuning for NVIDIA display adapters and Overdrive based overclocking for ATI display adapters with separate 2D/3D clocking) are currently available under Vista. Drivers-level features will be completely supported and available only after official Vista launch only. Please refer to known issues section to get more info on Vista support.

Thanks for the info..I think I'll wait for fully functional drivers first.

rewt
10-23-06, 06:20 PM
I think I'll wait for fully functional drivers first.

Same here.

Thanks anyways :)

There appears to be many more updates than just Vista support, however.

Thanks to Unwinder for the update. I see you were able to implement some more of NVTray's functions into RT. :p

Unwinder
10-24-06, 03:24 AM
Same here.

Thanks anyways :)

There appears to be many more updates than just Vista support, however.

Thanks to Unwinder for the update. I see you were able to implement some more of NVTray's functions into RT. :p

NVTray's functions into RT? Smiling, you're pretty fun guy. :)

K007
10-24-06, 09:05 AM
What tweaks does it offer in Vista..anything to actually enable performance :O?

Unwinder
10-24-06, 09:16 AM
What tweaks does it offer in Vista..anything to actually enable performance :O?

Is is so hard to read the text quoted by grey_1? It clearly says that only low-level tweaking options are available (pipe control via NVStrap for 6800 series, low-level overclokcing for the cards with no separate 2D/3D clocking, fan control for cards with external PWM controller, hardware monitoring etc).

Greeno
10-24-06, 12:35 PM
Is is so hard to read the text quoted by grey_1? It clearly says that only low-level tweaking options are available (pipe control via NVStrap for 6800 series, low-level overclokcing for the cards with no separate 2D/3D clocking, fan control for cards with external PWM controller, hardware monitoring etc).

Put them claws away girls and get along :p

rewt
10-24-06, 05:29 PM
NVTray's functions into RT? Smiling, you're pretty fun guy. :)

Yes, I noticed you got an idea or two from NVTray again. You know, like a previous RivaTuner release when you added optimizations for both OpenGL and Direct3D. ;)

Unwinder
10-25-06, 04:20 AM
Yes, I noticed you got an idea or two from NVTray again.

Please donít tell me that you donít understand that whole NVTray is a copy of already existing tools.
Which ideas Iíve taken exactly? Your last versionís changes list is pretty short, so it will be easy to compare them one by one, if you really wish to do it.
Probably "your" transparency AA settings for NV4x, declared as unlocked for whole NV4x in drivers in news headlines everywhere across the net? That's not your merit, as well as not mine. NV make it possible. Not me, and not you.
Or probably "your" new OSD, which is already available in RT for years?
Or your SLI temperature monitoring, which was put in RT development schedule and implemented even before you decided to add your "own" OSD and somebody gave you a hint in the forum that SLI temperatures in OSD are useful? Able to compare the dates or wish me to do it myself?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=1924468&postcount=14
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=985227&postcount=110

Or probably "your" screenshot capturing system, which was requested in RivaTunerís forum and was implemented even before you started bothering other developers in Guru3D forum with help requests because you were not able to implement the same requested feature yourself ?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=194435
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=1909908&postcount=3

Able to compare the dates again?
Is there something unique NVTray specific left in your list? Cannot remember anything, correct me if Iím wrong.
So who is taking ideas, mate? Do you have at least a bit of conscience?

You know, like a previous RivaTuner release when you added optimizations for both OpenGL and Direct3D. ;)

Standard Intellisample optimizations, which are pretty well documented and available in NV's control panel are yours and taken from your software?
You're brave enough. Or stupid, because you're digging a grave for your developer's career yourself right now.
I was not saying anything in hope that you'll grow up one day when you've silently taken undocumented OGL S3TC and advanced Intellisample optimization options, which are available only in RT before. And don't tell me that you've taken it somewhere else, all these options are encrypted in the driver, not controlled by it by default and I've invested a lot in decrypting their names and studying their internals. And you're simply not skilled enough yet to find the meaning and format of such things yourself. And after all that youíre brave enough to say that standard driverís settings are taken from your tool?
Let me express you my disrespect once again, you donít seem to know what is fair competition.

rewt
10-25-06, 05:07 AM
As far as I am aware, NVTray in itself was a unique idea. Similar to ATT for ATI cards, but there simply hadn't been a utility that would do similar things for NVIDIA users.

BTW, the screenshot capture code in NVTray is entirely my work as well. Yes, Ray did help me with the on screen display, but everyone using it will already be aware of that. I made this perfectly clear on my webpage, forum, changelog, and installer. It's not like I stole his idea and took credit for it. I give credit where credit is due.

You deserve a lot of credit for all of your hard work as well, Unwinder. I do not think insults towards me were necessary however. Even though some of NVTray's ideas happened to end up into RT, I wasn't particularly angry about it. After all, I think it benefits all of us in the end, to have such utilities, and makes computing much more fun for everyone.

Unwinder
10-25-06, 06:10 AM
As far as I am aware, NVTray in itself was a unique idea. Similar to ATT for ATI cards, but there simply hadn't been a utility that would do similar things for NVIDIA users.

I thought I've already explained you the history of ATT development right after NVTray announce here at nvnews. After migrating from NV card to ATI a couple years ago Ray just wanted to create his own tool doing the same things via tray menu as standard NVIDIA tray utility supplied with the Detonator drivers. So I could understand the idea of porting it from NV to ATI, but I hardly see the sense in porting this thing back to NV where it was originally taken from. NV driver itself has most of the functionality available via tray.

I do not think insults towards me were necessary however.

Nothing personal, but "I noticed you got an idea or two from NVTray again." is much more than insult for me. Especially if it is being said about new small project which in fact copies RT, not vice versa. Since the first public release in 2000 RT is developed to give users something _new_ and original that was not available before, not to clone something existing. Otherwise, I would easily unlock many of RT's easter eggs, which are locked to avoid violation other users' copyrights (e.g. RT's hidden D3D triple buffering focing option developed due to DXTweakers ideas etc).
And normally I don't touch third party developers even if they take RT's modules/ideas unless they start pretending to original copyrights or try to sell it for money.

rewt
10-25-06, 06:36 AM
NV driver itself has most of the functionality available via tray.

Actually the standard tray provided by the driver is very limited in AA, Direct3D, OpenGL, and SLI settings especially. It is the whole reason I wanted to create a more advanced tray tool with these extra options.

Nothing personal, but "I noticed you got an idea or two from NVTray again." is much more than insult for me. Especially if it is being said about the project which in fact copies RT, not vice versa.

I must tell you that my intention was not at all to copy your work. My intention was simply to make advanced tray tool which had more options than the default one. Many of RT's functions are irreplacable, and I respect that.

Since the first public release in 2000 RT is developed to give users something _new_ and original that was not available before, not to clone something existing. Otherwise, I would easily unlock many of RT's easter eggs, which are locked to avoid violation other users' copyrights (e.g. RT's hidden D3D triple buffering focing option developed due to DXTweakers ideas etc).
And normally I don't touch third party developers even if they take RT's modules/ideas unless they start pretend to original copyrights or try to sell it for money.

NVTray has some hidden functions as well. For the same reasons as you (i.e. protecting other people's ideas, copyrights, etc.) I will not unlock them to the public. I am just a personal developer, and a fairly new one at that, but I still wish to avoid disrespecting other programmers the best I can.

Unwinder
10-25-06, 06:51 AM
rewt

ok, let's forget it. My appologies if I've offend you.

:beer:

rewt
10-25-06, 07:08 AM
Accepted :) My apologies to you as well! Continue on with your excellent work my friend :)

:beer:

Slammin
10-25-06, 08:07 AM
It is so hard to type what I'm really thinking, but hopefully a lesson can be learned, by all of mankind, by just reading this thread (nana2)