PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 Expansion Announced

sirplayalot
10-23-06, 10:34 AM
Today, EA, DICE, and IGA announced the first Battlefield 2142 expansion pack, tentatively titled: CYA: Cover Your A$$.

Again teaming up with IGA, and with new corporate sponsors Coca-Cola, McDonalds, and Victoria’s Secret, the expansion pack will offer the newest generation of graphics, audio, and 22nd Century weapons and vehicles.

The expansion pack will include three new armies, each named after their respective sponsors, such as Coca-Cola and McDonalds. A brand new feature, called “Pay-per-weapon”, will allow players buy their weapons and ammunition using microtransactions. The expansion will feature the latest in personal body armor, adding new realism by incorporating ad space directly on your soldier. New advertising styles will be available as unlocks, adding a whole new role playing element to the franchise.

During an interview about the CYA expansion, IGA CEO, Justin Townsend, was particularly excited about this new body armor feature.

“After extensive research of player actions in the game, IGA found that players were spending 80% of their time in the game staring at fellow Squad Members. We realized that this had untapped potential as advertising space.”

The new expansion is scheduled for release sometime in 2007.

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/10/22/battlefield-2142-expansion-announced/

(Yes, this is fake..but funny i guess...)

Q
10-23-06, 11:40 AM
If it wasn't for the use of profanity in the expansion pack's name, I would say that this is completely plausable.

Spyke
10-23-06, 11:55 AM
If it wasn't for the use of profanity in the expansion pack's name, I would say that this is completely plausable.

Of course, gotta have some way to distinguish it from a real deal.

SH64
10-23-06, 09:32 PM
Heh :D

K007
10-23-06, 10:43 PM
I wasen't surprised to see an expack already but..daym lol

crainger
10-23-06, 11:16 PM
It's about time. I've been waiting for an expansion announcement for at least 2 days now...

Stoneyguy
10-23-06, 11:38 PM
Team Victoria 4TW!!