PDA

View Full Version : Could Jack Thompson Be Jailed Over “Bully” Case?

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 08:54 PM
GamePolitics has confirmed that lawyers representing Take-Two Interactive, publisher of Bully, are seeking to have Jack Thompson declared in contempt of court.

Although we haven’t yet seen the motion, the request would appear to relate to Thompson’s angry comments in the wake of Miami District Court Judge Ronald Friedman’s refusal to block sales of Bully.

In a worst-case scenario for Thompson, the outspoken attorney could be jailed by Judge Friedman if he were ruled in contempt.

However, a knowledgeable legal source has told GamePolitics that options such as fines, judicial admonishment or censure are more likely.

Attorneys for Philadelphia law firm Blank-Rome, long a target of Thompson’s ire, filed what is known as a “Petition for Order to Show Cause.” The motion requests that Judge Friedman order Thompson to appear in court and show cause as to why he should not be held in contempt.

For his part, Thompson has reacted to the motion with typical bluster, directing his comments towards opposing counsel as well as the judge. Here are excerpts from recent e-mails cc’d to GamePolitics:

‘You want to play hardball…? You want to try to throw me in jail? You have no idea what you are unleashing in doing this. You’re at the brink…”

“If this court in any fashion proceeds toward issuing a show cause order, given its utter baselessness and the bad faith goo in which it slithers, then Thompson will add whatever judge should do so as a defendant in the aforementioned federal civil rights action…”

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/10/23/could-jack-thompson-go-to-jail-over-bully-case/

|MaguS|
10-23-06, 08:57 PM
I read that at Gamespot, God I hope he's found guilty, his idiocy has been going on for far too long.

CaptNKILL
10-23-06, 09:52 PM
I read that at Gamespot, God I hope he's found guilty, his idiocy has been going on for far too long.
but but but...! He read about the game on some forum online and he thinks it could be bad! And he saw a picture of it that showed a kid that looked really mean!

:lol:

This guy is a joke...

Quickstar
10-23-06, 11:36 PM
‘You want to play hardball…? You want to try to throw me in jail? You have no idea what you are unleashing in doing this. You’re at the brink…”

http://gamepolitics.com/2006/10/23/could-jack-thompson-go-to-jail-over-bully-case/
As if he wasn't already doing everything he can to destroy them.

nekrosoft13
10-23-06, 11:46 PM
if he goes to jail, this will be a new Gamer holiday

anticitizenzero
10-24-06, 02:34 PM
This will never happen, even if he is held contempt of court, there will be an appeal, its just a big waste of money and time. They should just revoke his licence to practice law all over the country.