PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 2 soon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 08:47 AM
Neverwinter Nights 2 is right around the corner, should be in stores 1 week from now.

I for one canít wait!

Do you think Obsidian actually finished this game? Or will it be rushed like Kotor2?

ArrowMk84
10-24-06, 09:07 AM
Given that its had one delay that I know about (the game was supposed to be out back in August), I don't think it will rushed. The Obsidian guys know their reputation is on the line, and they're not going to F it up (I would be very shocked if NWN2 turned out like KotOR2).

|MaguS|
10-24-06, 09:07 AM
Considering Lucas has no ties to it then I think It will be compelete but I wont get to know till im done with FFXII which also releases next week.

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 10:20 AM
i still don't know if bioware should have trusted obsidian with making NWN2.

i really hope they didn't screw it up.

NWN is still one of my favorite RPGs

Banko
10-24-06, 10:24 AM
i still don't know if bioware should have trusted obsidian with making NWN2.

i really hope they didn't screw it up.

NWN is still one of my favorite RPGs
Well the CEO of Obsidian actually helped the original NWN's development.

msxyz
10-24-06, 10:33 AM
I've mixed feelings about this game.

I really don't like the thrid edition D&D ruleset as I think the D&D game mechanics have been redesigned in a too much radical way, yet I'm waiting for a good computer game based on the D&D universe since the days of Planescape Torment.

One thing putting me completely off is the absurd hardware requirements which seem to be even higher than Oblivion despite the graphics are not much better than those of Kotor (and the engine is the same with some improvements).

Geez, when you look at this: http://nwvault.ign.com/screenshots/full_res.php?ss=1749 and compare NWN2 graphics to Gothic and Oblivion (which have seamless worlds and not small cells) it's hard to justify the hardware requirements.

superklye
10-24-06, 10:37 AM
I cannot WAIT for this game. Man...so many great games coming out and so little time to play them all. :(

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 10:41 AM
I cannot WAIT for this game. Man...so many great games coming out and so little time to play them all. :(

i know :|

Dark Messiah today or tomorrow

next week NWN2 (also NFS Carbon, not sure if i should get it, made by same team that made underground1&2, and those NFS games blow)

few days later Splinter Cell

another 2 weeks later US release of Gothic III

crazy month

|MaguS|
10-24-06, 11:09 AM
msxyz, NWN looks far better then KOTOR ... Im in the Beta. The models look really nice and detailed. I like the 3.5 ruleset aswell, it allows for alot of tweaks and balances. Most recent D&D games released were based on these rules so if you enjoyed the original or either KOTOR games then you have been enjoying the new D&D ruleset.

I think this game will be better then the original in my opinion... the story is alot stronger and the main character isn't a mute pion...

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 11:12 AM
\
main character isn't a mute pion...

by any chance does that mean that all characters will have voice? ala kotor?

or just 1-2 liners, ala NWN?

|MaguS|
10-24-06, 11:30 AM
by any chance does that mean that all characters will have voice? ala kotor?

or just 1-2 liners, ala NWN?

So far all the main characters I have come across actually have Dialog.

msxyz
10-24-06, 11:37 AM
Even if Star Wars roleplaying games have the D20 system, I'm talking about games set in the D&D universe. While the thrid edition ruleset is more flexible and resolved certain shortcomings of the second edition it changed D&D too much for my taste. It seems to me that the 3rd edition rules are more fit to powergaming than roleplaying, no to mention that one does not simply throw away a system which stood for 20yrs just because some guy came up with a better system.

As for NWN2 graphics, each new screenshot I see makes me wonder more and more why this game requires such high-end hardware.

http://www.crpg.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=281

That's the kind of graphics a 3-4 years old PC is able to pull easily. Compare it to the Witcher using a similar engine and there's quite a noticeable difference. Oblivion and Gothic 3 are really on another league despite they're certainly not good examples of well polished and optimized code. I'd say the graphics are comparable to Spellforce 2 but the later is able to push hundreds of characters on screen at once.

PS: Deekin is back. I hope the players will be able to murder him because that's the first thing I intend to do, should I decide to buy the game. :p

|MaguS|
10-24-06, 11:49 AM
http://www.crpg.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=281

That's the kind of graphics a 3-4 years old PC is able to pull easily. Compare it to the Witcher using a similar engine and there's quite a noticeable difference. Oblivion and Gothic 3 are really on another league despite they're certainly not good examples of well polished and optimized code. I'd say the graphics are comparable to Spellforce 2 but the later is able to push hundreds of characters on screen at once.

Those graphics are on the lower settings, the game has a realtime lighting system now and the outdoor enviroments have a nice draw distance aswell as are alot larger then KOTORs and the original NWNs. The animations have also been improved alot aswell. I will post some shots from my rig when I get home, the game looks REALLY nice on high settings...

superklye
10-24-06, 12:16 PM
i know :|

Dark Messiah today or tomorrow

next week NWN2 (also NFS Carbon, not sure if i should get it, made by same team that made underground1&2, and those NFS games blow)

few days later Splinter Cell

another 2 weeks later US release of Gothic III

crazy month
yeah, and Guild Wars: Nightfall comes out on Friday...

nekrosoft13
10-24-06, 12:30 PM
yeah, and Guild Wars: Nightfall comes out on Friday...

don't really care, after reaching level 20, i lost intrest

superklye
10-24-06, 12:36 PM
Well, I'm going to make a new character in that, just like I did for Factions.

flukester
10-24-06, 02:03 PM
I'm looking forward to NWN2 and Dark Messiah, outside of that PC gaming looks bleak at best. Splinter Cell seems ho hum to me. Couldn't and didn't get into KOTOR at all. Another one I was interested in was Gothic 3...

msxyz
10-25-06, 03:23 PM
And some people wonder why modders make naked skins for the games...

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1852/noclothes2zj3.jpg

This is really the ugliest underwear I've ever seen in a game. Guys working at Obsidian must be really big Star Trek fans... :p Note that the characxter isn't wearing any boots nor bracers. These are the default "naked" meshes.
:thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
10-27-06, 11:29 PM
Purchased and preloaded already... ready for the 31st!

Becoming
10-27-06, 11:58 PM
Preloaded? Is this for sale digitally somewhere?

-edit- Nevermind, I just spotted it on Direct2Drive.

nekrosoft13
10-28-06, 12:06 AM
still want my retail copy, a nice box on the shelf :)

K007
10-28-06, 03:04 AM
Hey magus where did u preoload?

Becoming
10-28-06, 03:28 AM
I'm assuming he did it on Direct2Drive (see my post 2 up from yours). If that's the case, it's North America only.

http://www.direct2drive.com/1431/product/Buy-Neverwinter-Nights-2-(Pre-Order-and-Pre-Load)-Download

|MaguS|
10-28-06, 01:07 PM
Hey magus where did u preoload?

Direct2Drive, Not available for anyone outside the US.

queth
10-28-06, 02:56 PM
hows direct 2 drive on vista? does it work ? does it work with 64 bit?
what happens when you format? how about a new pc?