PDA

View Full Version : Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

jAkUp
10-25-06, 12:37 PM
(w/opics)

Mr. Hunt
10-25-06, 12:51 PM
Played part of it... fun game except for the fact that it feels like I am playing HL2 from launch again... stuttering like crazy and I ran into a HORRIBLE EXTREMELY loud staticy sound bug that is driving me nuts right now... it only happens when ANYBODY other than the main character talks... so it is getting pretty annoying.

nekrosoft13
10-25-06, 12:53 PM
Played part of it... fun game except for the fact that it feels like I am playing HL2 from launch again... stuttering like crazy and I ran into a HORRIBLE EXTREMELY loud staticy sound bug that is driving me nuts right now... it only happens when ANYBODY other than the main character talks... so it is getting pretty annoying.

thats pretty much the source engine for you, all games based on source have these problem

stuttering happens when files are being decrypted, and static, well HL2 had it, has it, and will have it.

thats why i never liked source engine, but i will buy Dark Messiah, i just wish a different engine was used.

Becoming
10-25-06, 01:06 PM

I hear some people have fixed the static voice problem by validating the games files, which downloads the parts to fix it. Worth a shot in any case. I'm still downloading the game.

Mr. Hunt
10-25-06, 01:28 PM
I hear some people have fixed the static voice problem by validating the games files, which downloads the parts to fix it. Worth a shot in any case. I'm still downloading the game.

Yeah read about that on the steampowered forums, trying it now... hope it works because this is really annoying.

Also... the loading takes a ridiculous amount of time sometimes.

nekrosoft13
10-25-06, 01:33 PM
ok, so even the retail version is steamed?

LurkerLito
10-25-06, 03:09 PM
I know steam is required for MP, but does the retail version require the disc in the drive to play single player? That is about the only thing holding me back from going out now to buy it. If Single Player requires the disc in the drive I think I'll just buy it online now since there won't be any difference than the steam version.

Ancient
10-25-06, 04:03 PM
Just installed the retail version. The retail version is not steamed, at least for single player, but the disc is required in the drive to play.

Mr. Hunt
10-25-06, 04:15 PM
Ok this game is pissing me off... the static sound is gone now, but man... these loading times and stuttering is killing me... I had to seriously sit at a loading screen with no bar or percentage for 5 minutes before it loaded, THEN WHEN IT LOADED IT HAD ME FACING THE DIRECTION OF ANOTHER LOADING SCREEN (back from where I came from I assume), so obviously me thinking the game couldn't POSSIBLY be stupid enough to face me in the direction of the place I just came from, I stepped forward and bam... 5 minutes loading again. Then I just got pissed and went to quit... another 3 minutes to quit, and another 3 minutes to unload out of the memory and let me do anything else... I can't freaking stand this. I also love how quick-loads are not quick at all.

PeterJensen
10-25-06, 04:17 PM
no problem with sound here on the (pirate) version :)

Gaco
10-25-06, 05:22 PM
Why is Mr. Hunt always having these problems - anyhow to a greater extent - than everybody else? :p

SH64
10-25-06, 05:27 PM
Your system specs ?

crainger
10-25-06, 07:10 PM
Gah! Maybe I should have gotten the Steam version so I could have patches delivered ASAP... Either way, it's official. AU release is moved to next Thursday (2nd Nov) Works out better, I should have Extraction Point just finished in time.

|MaguS|
10-25-06, 07:50 PM
I couldn't find the LE version so I just got it off of Steam.

LurkerLito
10-25-06, 08:23 PM
Ok this game is pissing me off... the static sound is gone now, but man... these loading times and stuttering is killing me... I had to seriously sit at a loading screen with no bar or percentage for 5 minutes before it loaded, THEN WHEN IT LOADED IT HAD ME FACING THE DIRECTION OF ANOTHER LOADING SCREEN (back from where I came from I assume), so obviously me thinking the game couldn't POSSIBLY be stupid enough to face me in the direction of the place I just came from, I stepped forward and bam... 5 minutes loading again. Then I just got pissed and went to quit... another 3 minutes to quit, and another 3 minutes to unload out of the memory and let me do anything else... I can't freaking stand this. I also love how quick-loads are not quick at all.

I just experienced the same thing. I am using the steam version and it is still downloading. I think these pauses are due to the downloading. Even though it lets you play the game after about 40% download is complete, I don't think you should play till it is at 100%. I think it is downloading large compressed files so it is uncompressing on the fly while you're playing, so if a section of the file is missing you have to wait while it gets that section. Well that is my theory ;)

crainger
10-25-06, 08:43 PM
I just experienced the same thing. I am using the steam version and it is still downloading. I think these pauses are due to the downloading. Even though it lets you play the game after about 40% download is complete, I don't think you should play till it is at 100%. I think it is downloading large compressed files so it is uncompressing on the fly while you're playing, so if a section of the file is missing you have to wait while it gets that section. Well that is my theory ;)

Steam lets you do that? I always buy my Steam purchases in the morning before work, then play them when I get home when they have long finished downloading and 2 or 3 patches have also downloaded :p

CaptNKILL
10-25-06, 08:44 PM
Man... it'll cost me 70 freaking dollars to get the Limited Edition of this from EB's website after shipping and tax... thats just completely outrageous.

I think I'm just going to wait until they get it in the store or someone else gets a better price on it. I wont have time to play it this week anyway... and then I most likely will have my 7950 on ebay so I can get a G80. So I might as well just hold off until then.

Arioch
10-25-06, 08:58 PM
I am tempted to get this game now but will probably wait on my new PC. I will definitely have a nice pile of games to play then including games like this, Gothic 3 which should have a big patch by then, and Neverwinter Nights 2.

It runs ok on my 7800GS but I want to experience it in a decent resolution and better framerates.

LurkerLito
10-25-06, 09:04 PM
Eek. Still at 54% but only getting 42kbps. This blows, but it is all for the convenience of no disc in the drive lol.

v3rninater
10-25-06, 10:14 PM
Thank GOD I downloaded the the pre-load before it came out. Will let yall know what's up here in awhile. Almost done updating.

Edit: Screw this game, it's hugely buggered, not even worth your time and MOST DEFINITLY your money right now. It's soooo stut stut stut stuttery it makes my want to cry. There's some parts where I and sit and get really good FPS. Then I turn around and it's like a slide show. I know my computer can handle it, the bugs are nutzo in this brand new release. WAIT FOR A DARN PATCH!

Sectus
10-25-06, 11:45 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8642/ickyickzd3.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ickyickzd3.jpg)

I think the game just made my eyes explode. That bizarre contrast... does not look good x_x

|MaguS|
10-25-06, 11:48 PM
Looks far better then that in the demo... im still downloading so I have nothing to really compare it to other then the demo they released. Are you actually running it at that resolution?

crainger
10-25-06, 11:56 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8642/ickyickzd3.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ickyickzd3.jpg)

I think the game just made my eyes explode. That bizarre contrast... does not look good x_x

What drivers are you running? Looks like a driver bug to me. If thats how it's meant to be... Forget my eyes. My head will explode!

Q
10-25-06, 11:59 PM
What drivers are you running? Looks like a driver bug to me. If thats how it's meant to be... Forget my eyes. My head will explode!

You really have to sig that. ;)

I also hope its a driver bug.

|MaguS|
10-26-06, 12:09 AM
Game wont even run for me... It crashes instantly.