PDA

View Full Version : BF2142 thoughts

UDawg
10-25-06, 12:33 PM
After a week of playing this game, I LOVE IT! I got over my spyware paranoa and hopped in the game. Me and my buddies can't get enough of this version of the same old BF game. This will be money well spent until Quake Wars comes out.

I know not everyone likes this game and yes it does have a number of annoying bugs. How ever it is not enough for me to not play the game.

MaXThReAT
10-25-06, 01:06 PM
I'm never going to buy this mod but what do the ads look like in the game? any screen shots? Mc-Ds all over the place? Would you like fries with your assault riffle. LOL

UDawg
10-25-06, 01:13 PM
Haven't seen any. They most likely do not have anough data collected yet to have ad placement.

you can see on the side of building and billboards where they will be placed. This is no different than ad placement in movies. It just gives me a chance to shoot a rocket at a McDonald's billboard. LOL! Some thing I can't do in real life.

Tygerwoody
10-25-06, 01:16 PM
Udawg... try Warrock at www.warrock.net it has gone through TONS of changes in the past year. By far the best FPS game out there. I love BF, but Warrock is better imo. Best of all its FREE!

If you have Xfire, my name is sarlaiel . You should look me up and we can play.

jAkUp
10-25-06, 01:33 PM
Haven't seen any. They most likely do not have anough data collected yet to have ad placement.

you can see on the side of building and billboards where they will be placed. This is no different than ad placement in movies. It just gives me a chance to shoot a rocket at a McDonald's billboard. LOL! Some thing I can't do in real life.

Yea but its the year 2142! Ads today won't be relevant then :p

UDawg
10-25-06, 01:52 PM
Yea but its the year 2142! Ads today won't be relevant then :p
Dude, you're not going to catch me. Stop trying. (nana2) :D

Oh post count +1

nVidi0t
10-25-06, 02:00 PM
I bought Battlefield 2142 last Saturday, here are my thoughts:

- Infantry combat is sluggish as hell. Obstacles are like glue, players will warp over fences/rocks etc. A 'good' infantry man is one who bunnyhops or constantly prone spams.

- Damage is utter bull****, you can shoot someone with half a magazine before they even notice and spin around and 1 shot you.

- Sniping is pathetic, bullet drop is inconsistant and the upgraded sniper rifle still rarely produces a single shot kill. When hit once most players sprint and speed around, making the next shot near impossible.

- Titan combat is absolutely awful. Deployed turrets fire through walls, and dead players often fall through the titan hull so resurrecting them is impossible. Also players who warp through the titan cannot spawn on their quad leader.

- The people who play this game are ****ing morons. You can place Anti personnel mines at the entrance of your titan while defending, and a player who will run in front of a CLEARLY MARKED MINE will 99% of the time punish you, ruining your score and chances of gaining rank. Just 1 hour ago I got 4 punishes in a row from WELL placed mines outside the titan interior (where pods are landing) reducing my score to -4.

- Chopper piloting is generally good, but the hitbox of the vehicle is so much larger you can get snagged on all sorts of obstacles which shouldnt be an issue.

- Walker animation bugs out often, causing it to vibrate horribly. To fix this you need to exit and re-enter the mech, or stop movement for a few seconds.

- Knifing someone is cool because you gain their dog tag, however, sometimes the knife bugs out completely and you well placed stab, does nothing.

- A lot of the time causing considerable damage to an opponent but not getting the killing shot will not reward ou with a kill assist.

- Oh yes, did I mention deplyed turrets shoot through walls? Oh yeah I did, but this is so ****ing shoddy I have to mention it again.

- People use transports for their own means, bailing whenever they want. So Im usually sent crashing to my death at least once per round. There should be a penalty for this kind of behaviour.

I honestly cant believe these kind of bugs made it into the release, this is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. I'll be removing this load of garbage and hopefully getting rid of it as soon as possible. I enjoyed the demo, and there are many strong points to this game, but its flaws and bugs are so shockingly apparent I cannot recommend this game to anyone.

nekrosoft13
10-25-06, 02:07 PM
I bought Battlefield 2 last Saturday, here are my thoughts:

read the title of the thread again

nVidi0t
10-25-06, 02:13 PM
Edited. and yeah they had walkers and turrets in BF2 aswell.... =/ lol.

UDawg
10-25-06, 02:40 PM
I bought Battlefield 2142 last Saturday, here are my thoughts:

[QUOTE]- Infantry combat is sluggish as hell. Obstacles are like glue, players will warp over fences/rocks etc. A 'good' infantry man is one who bunnyhops or constantly prone spams.
This is due to the fact that sprinting longer is a upgrade. This is a debateable tactic but it does fit in with the upgrading and unique solider you are building.

- Damage is utter bull****, you can shoot someone with half a magazine before they even notice and spin around and 1 shot you.
TRUE DAT! This is the most annoying aspect of this game. I have maybe won 2 or 3 of these type of situations. This game also needs a mod to give a better feel that you are actually hitting you human target. I prefer blood splatter.
- Sniping is pathetic, bullet drop is inconsistant and the upgraded sniper rifle still rarely produces a single shot kill. When hit once most players sprint and speed around, making the next shot near impossible.
I don't know what to say about this. Sniping is fine for me. I like it and the upgrades did help me a lot.

- Titan combat is absolutely awful. Deployed turrets fire through walls, and dead players often fall through the titan hull so resurrecting them is impossible. Also players who warp through the titan cannot spawn on their quad leader.
LOL! The support turrets are buggy as hell but they will kill their targets. Also when the titan is moving the turrets will bumble around and end up by a wall.

The inability to spawn at points or a squad leader is a plague that is in every Battlefield game. It pisses me off.

- The people who play this game are ****ing morons. You can place Anti personnel mines at the entrance of your titan while defending, and a player who will run in front of a CLEARLY MARKED MINE will 99% of the time punish you, ruining your score and chances of gaining rank. Just 1 hour ago I got 4 punishes in a row from WELL placed mines outside the titan interior (where pods are landing) reducing my score to -4.
APMs don't TK. They fixed that a couple of patches ago in BF2. It was carried over to BF2142. I'm not sure how they were killing your team mates. I put claymores all over the place and never had a TK. What does give me a TK is nade spamming down the hall. We are constantly throwing nades and ONE IDIOt RUNS DOWN THERE! He gets TKd' and punishes you. Then he flames you in chat. Most the time everyone in that area yells at him for being stupid.
- Chopper piloting is generally good, but the hitbox of the vehicle is so much larger you can get snagged on all sorts of obstacles which shouldnt be an issue.
Ya, ever tree, building edge and anti-tank block are magnets for vehicles. I hate that.

- Walker animation bugs out often, causing it to vibrate horribly. To fix this you need to exit and re-enter the mech, or stop movement for a few seconds.
I hate this to no end.

- Knifing someone is cool because you gain their dog tag, however, sometimes the knife bugs out completely and you well placed stab, does nothing.
Yep. Knife fights can last a very long time and most the time you get a random kill. 1vs1 knife fights have nothing to do with skill. I like to sneak up and get my kill.

- A lot of the time causing considerable damage to an opponent but not getting the killing shot will not reward ou with a kill assist.
Same problem in BF2. The only way to fix this is to award the kill point based on damage and not last shot after the target has one hit on it.

- People use transports for their own means, bailing whenever they want. So Im usually sent crashing to my death at least once per round. There should be a penalty for this kind of behaviour.
Same problem in BF2

I honestly cant believe these kind of bugs made it into the release, this is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. I'll be removing this load of garbage and hopefully getting rid of it as soon as possible. I enjoyed the demo, and there are many strong points to this game, but its flaws and bugs are so shockingly apparent I cannot recommend this game to anyone.
I hated the demo but love the game. WRT to the why these bugs got into the final game? It is Dice. What did you expect? They are known for bloated memory hog games with 1,000s of bugs. That is just how they operate.

I hear what you are saying and it is all true. For me they just not that big a deal. I avoid most those situations when at all possible.

nVidi0t
10-25-06, 02:43 PM
I am really just annoyed with these issues. Beneath them there is a FANTASTIC game. I just wish they would fix problems persisting since BF 1942 ffs!!!

stevemedes
10-25-06, 02:49 PM
I dl/ed the demo and i thought it was a real good time. I used to play alot of BF1942 and desert combat, but i skipped over BF2 entirely. The demo makes me want to buy the full version of this game.

fugu_fish
10-25-06, 02:59 PM
I was really getting into retail and enjoying it for a few days but I'm already starting to get bored with it.

Trying to blow the Titan reactor is becoming an exercise in frustration. Sentry turrets, APMs, shields, etc. Just a couple defenders can totally stop an assault on the reactor control panels. The last few games I played, no one could penetrate the defenses on either side and we had to wait until the missiles destroyed the Titans. Drop through the upper deck hatch, Sentry gun waiting = you dead. Throw grenades through hatch on next attempt, Sentry survives= you dead. Sentry guns shooting through bulkheads= you dead or wounded.

It's not on the players, they are putting up a great defense. The Titan's are designed poorly, allowing a couple of people to stop whole squads because as soon as we enter the hallway, we die.

UDawg
10-25-06, 02:59 PM
I am really just annoyed with these issues. Beneath them there is a FANTASTIC game. I just wish they would fix problems persisting since BF 1942 ffs!!!
I completely agree with you. I guess I am just not surprised by these bugs. They are all the same since BF1942. As I said this is a interim game untill Quake Wars comes out.

One thing I do like about this game is the one shot kill to a tank from the rear. That was so needed. This was in BF1942 but was taken out of BF2. They did reduce the damage protection from the rear in BF2.

UDawg
10-25-06, 03:11 PM
I was really getting into retail and enjoying it for a few days but I'm already starting to get bored with it.

Trying to blow the Titan reactor is becoming an exercise in frustration. Sentry turrets, APMs, shields, etc. Just a couple defenders can totally stop an assault on the reactor control panels. The last few games I played, no one could penetrate the defenses on either side and we had to wait until the missiles destroyed the Titans. Drop through the upper deck hatch, Sentry gun waiting = you dead. Throw grenades through hatch on next attempt, Sentry survives= you dead. Sentry guns shooting through bulkheads= you dead or wounded.

It's not on the players, they are putting up a great defense. The Titan's are designed poorly, allowing a couple of people to stop whole squads because as soon as we enter the hallway, we die.
That is why we get the silos. The demo even says controling the silos is the quickest way to distory the titans.

nekrosoft13
10-25-06, 03:46 PM
Edited. and yeah they had walkers and turrets in BF2 aswell.... =/ lol.

i stoped reading at BF2 ;)

SH64
10-25-06, 04:00 PM
Who would've imagined!! :eek:
i mean UDawg among all other members who cursed BF2124 so badly few days ago!!
anyhoo glad you're having fun with it! :D

UDawg
10-25-06, 05:34 PM
Who would've imagined!! :eek:
i mean UDawg among all other members who cursed BF2124 so badly few days ago!!
anyhoo glad you're having fun with it! :D
LOL! That is why I post this. It is in DIRECT contrast to what I said last week. :captnkill: I thought to my self, shoot I only play games on this rig so who cares if they know where I surf.

The best comment on the BF line of games goes something like this "infectious game play with defective coding"

SH64
10-28-06, 12:30 AM
I was playing the demo today in my friends place & we actually had a blast!
you should've seen my friend attacking the core with a knife as he ran outta ammo LOL!

& question for UDawg or anybody playing the game .. whats the best way to beat a Walker ?? (other than riding another walker of course! :D) .. man its a hell of a machine to beat :rw:
rockets dont do much ( i think it needs 5 rockets to bring it down) & so are tanks & even helis ...

Stoneyguy
10-29-06, 06:23 PM
Tanks pwn Walkers

nVidi0t
10-29-06, 06:44 PM
Mobile Gauss rifles make swiss cheese of walkers.

SH64
10-29-06, 06:46 PM
Tanks pwn Walkers
well not when the walker have both driver & gunner in control.