PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III is coming...

Pages : [1] 2

Rieper
10-25-06, 05:57 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/44415

Shacknews can confirm these implications, based on information from multiple reliable industry sources close to Blizzard. Diablo III is indeed in the works.

Banko
10-25-06, 06:08 PM
Meh Hellgate: London is the true successor to the Diablo series anyways.

Q!Shambler!Q
10-25-06, 06:11 PM
Yea!!! woooo!

superklye
10-25-06, 06:13 PM
:(

I mean...that's sweet and all but...

WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP IGNORING THE STARCRAFT FANBASE?!

Belarnion
10-25-06, 06:13 PM
noooooooo!! I want StarCraft II!

Q!Shambler!Q
10-25-06, 06:55 PM
Maybe they could satisfy both

Diablo III: Star of the Craft

You have a vespene gas and mineral enchanted laser rifle and some health potions and must wipe out all zerg in the area to level up. btw we require more vespene gas.

nrs421
10-25-06, 07:16 PM

seriously!! i want starcraft 2!!

anticitizenzero
10-25-06, 08:12 PM
Because thats probably in development to, they just wanna make the announcement that much BIGGER

superklye
10-25-06, 08:20 PM
They said a while back that there were absolutely no plans to make a Starcraft sequel. I know that's what they'd want us all to think, but seriously, it's been almost 10 years now...and look how many Warcraft products have come out in that time.

I seriously think that they should just change their name to "The Warcraft Company." :(

Stoneyguy
10-25-06, 08:23 PM
You know normally I would be on the "Give Me Starcraft!!" bandwagon as well, but with all the good RTS out right now and forthcoming I think Blizzard should just sit back and wait for Starcraft II now. I would still be thrilled if they announced it though.

|MaguS|
10-25-06, 08:24 PM
Their will be a Diablo 3 of course aswell as a Starcraft 2... Blizzard is not run by idiots all three of their franchises are instant sellers and they want to monopolize on one at a time... look at how Starcraft Ghost ended up when they tried to split their focus....

superklye
10-25-06, 08:36 PM
Their will be a Diablo 3 of course aswell as a Starcraft 2... Blizzard is not run by idiots all three of their franchises are instant sellers and they want to monopolize on one at a time... look at how Starcraft Ghost ended up when they tried to split their focus....
I guess...but if that were true and there weren't at least a few idiots there, they would've realized...hey, we put out a sequel and expansion to Diablo. Then we put out Warcraft 3 and an expansion, then World of Warcraft and another expansion is coming out for that soon.

LET'S DO DIABLO 3!

Their order of importance is:
Warcraft

Diablo

Starcraft

retsam
10-25-06, 08:37 PM

QFT!!!!....what the hell man!!

ENU291
10-25-06, 08:39 PM
Blizzard seems to work in phases. Warcraft, Diablo then Starcraft. In the last few years Warcraft has been given some heavy love from Blizzard. Now it's Diablo's turn. Once they redefine the dungeon hack and slash with a new awesome version of Diablo they'll turn their attention to Starcraft.

|MaguS|
10-25-06, 08:49 PM
Blizzard seems to work in phases. Warcraft, Diablo then Starcraft. In the last few years Warcraft has been given some heavy love from Blizzard. Now it's Diablo's turn. Once they redefine the dungeon hack and slash with a new awesome version of Diablo they'll turn their attention to Starcraft.

That is true... after War1 they released Diablo, then War 2 and then D2 and then Star and then War 3 and now D3...

superklye
10-25-06, 08:53 PM
That is true... after War1 they released Diablo, then War 2 and then D2 and then Star and then War 3 and now D3...
Wasn't D2 way after Starcraft?

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked. I had my dates wrong: I thought SC was from 1997 and D2 was 1998 or 1999 but actually:

Starcraft: 1998
D2: 2000

K007
10-25-06, 11:16 PM
Intresting...wonder why they would want to release another RPG game when there MMO WoW with BC comming out next year..is giving them alot of $$$...if its true..Diablo III might be the one and only reason to get off the wow addiction -.-..

Wonder if its a MMO..i hope not..

Bearclaw
10-25-06, 11:43 PM
They said a while back that there were absolutely no plans to make a Starcraft sequel. I know that's what they'd want us all to think, but seriously, it's been almost 10 years now...and look how many Warcraft products have come out in that time.

I seriously think that they should just change their name to "The Warcraft Company." :(
QFT. I want starcraft. :thumbdwn:

jolle
10-26-06, 02:34 AM
Intresting...wonder why they would want to release another RPG game when there MMO WoW with BC comming out next year..is giving them alot of $$$...if its true..Diablo III might be the one and only reason to get off the wow addiction -.-..

Wonder if its a MMO..i hope not..
Might be like Guild wars, which is like D2.. serverbrowser/chatroom = cities (MMOish), servers = instances.. sorta thing..
Altho if it WAS a fullblown MMO, I wouldnt be TOO suprised, other then it wouldnt really make sense while WOW is still kicking ass out there..

supra
10-26-06, 02:45 AM
Might be like Guild wars, which is like D2.. serverbrowser/chatroom = cities (MMOish), servers = instances.. sorta thing..
Altho if it WAS a fullblown MMO, I wouldnt be TOO suprised, other then it wouldnt really make sense while WOW is still kicking ass out there..

hope it isnt like gw since i already play that and dont really want a clone.

jolle
10-26-06, 06:32 AM
hope it isnt like gw since i already play that and dont really want a clone.
I only ment the way the game would work in connecting and stuff, not the acctual GAME itself..
In D2 you have these chatrooms where you meet and then join a server right?
Well in GW its pretty much the same, but you have a town instead, and you join instances with your group..
I ment they might go with something similar to that, since it would be pretty familiar to the D2 fans.. sortof..
Dunno, just a thought

K007
10-26-06, 07:42 AM
Yes i played GW and i like the idea behind it...i think Blizzard might make D3 an MMO or something like that..alot of people liked the free world and the pvp it had in it..till BG's came out..but i really wonder what Blizzard cauld do..that we havent seen already..we saw Titan Quest..its like D2 in 3d..then they made an MMO out of WoW..Guild Wars is already a mix of MMO/D2...

The only thing i can see is they stick the same concept and make D3 just like D2 with more changes to the gameplay..in terms of skill tree..inventory..class trees..

nekrosoft13
10-26-06, 07:52 AM
please god no MMO Diablo

Capt. Picard
10-26-06, 07:55 AM
Well it's about fetchin' time.

I were a level 87 paladin, a level 85 sorceress, and all the rest of the characters were in the level 70s except for the necromancer. I never played with him.

I would sure make some effort to get that game.

Tygerwoody
10-26-06, 08:47 AM
Diablo II = Best game of all time (and i do mean of ALL games)

Starcraft = hella boring