PDA

View Full Version : ASUS A8N32 Deluxe + BFG 7900GT OC SLI problem

Renocide
10-25-06, 09:54 PM
I have had the ASUS and one of the 7900 GT OC cards for a few months and found a good deal on another 7900 GT OC online and decided to go ahead and pick it up for SLI.

I get NO increase performance by enabling SLI.

I installed the card afte shutting off the system and when I booted it up it detected the card and I enabled it through the nVidia control panel.

I have the latest BIOS update and nforce drivers. I have had the latest graphic drivers for my original card.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 940BW as a display that tops out at 1440 x 900. I run all my games at that resolution and then up the AA and AS as far as I can until I get a bad drop in framerates.

THe rest of my system is:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 +4800 Toledo
OCZ 1.5 RAM
Xi-Fi XtremeMusic
Antec TrupowerII TPII-550
Windows Media Center 2005
KillerNic

Any idea why I am not getting a performance increase?
I test by running games with the SLI enabled and then disable it and I get the exact same frames in both modes.

It's really pissing me off.

Hope someone can help me out.

Does it make any difference which card you hook your monitor up too?
Does the connector of the two cards needs to be connected a certain way? It didn't show on the connector that it should be installed "this side up" or anything.

Please help me!!!

Manware
10-26-06, 04:05 AM
Hi Renocide, Have you checked the control panel of Geforce?
You should see the Sli config and check the "multi-gpu" is enabled. Maybe the SLi combo needs a config in Bios like "Peg-link" in auto.
Do you know the coolbits utility? this es the link http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815.
When you have installed the coolbits utility check de config of SLi and you can try different methods of rendering and maybe this can help you.

Good luck. sorry, my English is so poor.:o