PDA

View Full Version : Available on the 8th...

undercover
10-26-06, 05:33 PM
Posted by a bleading edge e-tailer here in the UK on their own forum:

"First of all we shall be recieving our allocation of G80 product over the next few days"

"You will be able to check the new products out and buy them on November 8th. Until then I cannot confirm specification or pricing due to NDA but the rumoured specifications are not far out ..."

:D

OWA
10-26-06, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info. That seems to jive well with other info we've been seeing. Anyway, I just hope all the e-tailers get a lot of them so everyone that wants one, gets one on launch day. :)

Bearclaw
10-26-06, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info. That seems to jive well with other info we've been seeing. Anyway, I just hope all the e-tailers get a lot of them so everyone that wants one, gets one on launch day. :)
Ya, depending on the crazy prices everyone is predicting I might have to go with a GTS...not to mention cut a hole in my case..:o

Dazz
10-26-06, 06:56 PM
I sure hops so hard launches are expected now :D

einstein_314
10-26-06, 07:16 PM
Ya, depending on the crazy prices everyone is predicting I might have to go with a GTS...not to mention cut a hole in my case..:o
That's why I'm getting me a new case. A lian li V1200B PlusII. It's designed for an EATX motherboard so it has like 2.5 inches extra in length. Perfect for these extra long video cards we seem to be getting these days. Actually, I might just go with the V1100PlusII which is the standard ATX form factor. How long is the 8800GTX going to be? 9 inches? 10?

lee63
10-26-06, 07:29 PM
That's why I'm getting me a new case. A lian li V1200B PlusII. It's designed for an EATX motherboard so it has like 2.5 inches extra in length. Perfect for these extra long video cards we seem to be getting these days. Actually, I might just go with the V1100PlusII which is the standard ATX form factor. How long is the 8800GTX going to be? 9 inches? 10?It looks to me they are a little over 10 inches.

ChRiS*
10-26-06, 07:42 PM
ive got this case atm... will it fit in it ?

Jeantech neo-black.... lol i'll probs get an NZXT Nemesis Elite soon though , but just wondering.

http://www.jeantech.com/ubk.htm

Blacklash
10-27-06, 02:56 AM
Looks like I'll be camping my favorite e-tailers the 7th|8th.

Bearclaw
10-27-06, 03:10 AM
Same here. You think the GTS version will be easier to get than the GTX version or am I just asking a retarded question here?

Redeemed
10-27-06, 04:28 AM
Same here. You think the GTS version will be easier to get than the GTX version or am I just asking a retarded question here?

Not sure. It seems that there just might be a decent (but not too dramatic) performance delta between the GTS and the GTX.

Me, I'm not buying as soon as G80 is released. I'm gonna' wait just long enough to read the initial reviews.

But, from how it seems now I'd wager you have a better chance of getting a GTS. Though, that could be entirely incorrect.

We'll all know soon enough. :)

NoWayDude
10-27-06, 08:22 AM
Posted by a bleading edge e-tailer here in the UK on their own forum:

"First of all we shall be recieving our allocation of G80 product over the next few days"

"You will be able to check the new products out and buy them on November 8th. Until then I cannot confirm specification or pricing due to NDA but the rumoured specifications are not far out ..."

They are also saying that GTS will be same price as 7950 (350 or around that) and that GTX will be 150 on top of that (500 :thumbdwn: )
No way I can justify those prices.
Or price gouging at is best in Rip Off UK

anticitizenzero
10-27-06, 03:31 PM
:D Looks like I'll be camping my favorite e-tailers the 7th|8th.

SO much nicer than having to sit in front of an actual store

superklye
10-27-06, 03:58 PM
It looks to me they are a little over 10 inches.
Out of curiosity, how long is a "standard" card, such as a 7900 GS? Things are getting a little tight in my box right now, so I may have to either a) get a new case or b) rearrange things inside so I've got extra room.

And I'm hoping for B because I hate having to take everything apart and then put it all back together.

Uberpwnage
10-27-06, 04:30 PM
I think this is complete bs. 28cm for one card! as seen here (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35360). I either wont be able to fit it, or it will fit by like 1nm.

my case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144004)

nrdstrm
10-27-06, 05:17 PM
It will fit in my case by about 1/2 inch, but I might have to move a hard drive...No biggie though...

Is anyone else checking all these threads hourly? This is gonna drive me crazy! According to my buyer, we will have them on the 8th...I hope so, or I might have to go "visit" my buyer in industry. LOL!

TiKiMaN1
10-27-06, 05:24 PM

:jumping:

I know I will be to! I will not rest until I have placed an order for 2 EVGA cards!:captnkill:

$n][pErMan
10-27-06, 07:25 PM
Shame I just got a new car.... gonna have to wait another month or two before I can take another hit to the wallet :(

hirantha
10-27-06, 09:57 PM
[pErMan']Shame I just got a new car.... gonna have to wait another month or two before I can take another hit to the wallet :(

dang! buy a car and buy two of G80's how much money do you make? well good good at least you are helping the National GDP :D

harshw
10-28-06, 04:43 PM
dang! buy a car and buy two of G80's how much money do you make? well good good at least you are helping the National GDP :D

Well in the UK it's possible to get a nice VW Passat 1.8L '2000 model for 2500. The same buys you what ? 2xG8800GTX + a 3007WFP. Or a 52" LCD. Or 3 month's groceries + living expenses. Hmm, I think I'll take the 52" LCD and wait for G8800GTX prices to drop