PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Warrior New UE3 Based Tactical Shooter from Bethsada

anticitizenzero
10-27-06, 04:40 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/bethesdas-next-baby-rouge-warrior

"Rogue Warrior is the game we’ve been waiting to make for years,” said Mark Long, lead producer at Zombie Studios. “We’re using terrific technology in a way that’s different from other games - we have a unique HUD and control system for your teammates, on-the-fly co-op play, and we’ve really focused our efforts on making multiplayer more fun and challenging by giving you lots of modes and hundreds of maps you can see and play. We’re thrilled to be working with Bethesda on this new initiative using a brand we know and love.”
(nana2)

stjuart
10-27-06, 04:52 PM
Looks like they are using the same engine as before, but maybe its just the way they arranged the art assests in oblivion, that probably why the world feels kinda simialar.

msxyz
10-27-06, 05:19 PM
Another FPS by Bethesda ? :p

Edge
10-27-06, 10:41 PM
Hmm, here's a bit of info on the game from another site:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148143&skip=yes

Bethesda and Zombie are touting a multiplayer tiling system, which allows players to build multiplayer maps from sections of other maps. According to the magazine, each level is made up from three sections - you choose one, the other team picks another, the then centre section is plucked out of the list at random.
Sounds interesting I guess, the "pick and choose pieces in multiplayer" thing seems pretty original, although I'd like to see how it actually turns out. I hope it will look convincing enough and the different parts of the level will blend in with eachother, instead of looking like a lego fortress where you used different lego sets for each section.

Man, Skynet was great for its time...first FPS with vehicles I think. I had some fun playing that on my highschool's LANed 120mhz PCs :D

|MaguS|
10-27-06, 10:58 PM

Thier not developing it... Zombie Studios is, they are the makers of America's Army and Delta Force... good resume if you ask me.

jAkUp
10-28-06, 02:50 AM
Looks sweet :D

lumpyhed
10-28-06, 07:30 AM
Bethseda in game with coop shock!? :o

CaptNKILL
10-28-06, 07:46 AM
Bethseda in game with coop shock!? :o
huh? :p

And this game isnt developed by Bethesda, so it probably isnt using the Oblivion engine or anything else Bethesda related.

Bethesda are both a publisher and a developer... in this case, they are the publisher and Zombie Studios is the developer.

ArrowMk84
10-28-06, 09:17 AM
Oblivion used the GameBryo 2.2 engine (a piece of trash if I saw one - I've never had a GameBryo game that was stable). Rogue Warrior is using UE3.

msxyz
10-28-06, 09:25 AM
Man, Skynet was great for its time...first FPS with vehicles I think. I had some fun playing that on my highschool's LANed 120mhz PCs :DAahh, yes I forgot Bethesda published 4-5 games based on the Terminator license. :)

I think the Arena engine was derived from the one used in Terminator Rampage. Now with Oblivion they've come to complete the full circle. An fps which uses a RPG franchise :p

I wonder if body armors in Rogue Warrior will be sold as separate plugins :D

Quickstar
10-28-06, 03:00 PM
Oblivion used the GameBryo 2.2 engine (a piece of trash if I saw one - I've never had a GameBryo game that was stable). Rogue Warrior is using UE3.
Oblivion worked for me, and i love the game. No loading times in the huge outside world, and the loading times inbetween indoors is fast.

SH0DAN
10-28-06, 07:20 PM
Oblivion worked for me, and i love the game. No loading times in the huge outside world, and the loading times inbetween indoors is fast.

Same here,no problems whatsoever,love the game,the engine seems fine and the graphics are of course incredible.

Bearclaw
10-28-06, 07:56 PM
Same here,no problems whatsoever,love the game,the engine seems fine and the graphics are of course incredible.
The graphics indeed incredible. That is, if your video card is up to it. Mine wasn't, at least for outside scenery and stuff of that nature.