PDA

View Full Version : Going to Water cool Finally

GTVAPSAMTIK
10-28-06, 06:55 PM
First of all i m not sure if this is correct section to ask this question but here goes.

Ive been saving cold hard $$$ for Water cool since past year, Now i finall got spare $500. I am planning to sell my Geforce 7950 GX2 and buy G8800 GTX as soon as it hit on shelves.

Also i m planning to water cool my CPU and GFX card. Is there any Kit that Include the Set to cool my CPU as well as the GFX CARD Remember this is my first time dealing with Watercool stuff, I never had one before. Any input is great.

I was looking at this Kit but i dont see option for GFX Card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128015

Xion X2
10-28-06, 07:56 PM
You need to wait, because there are no kits available that fit the 8800GTX. The mounting holes on the heat-spreader are further apart than they are on current-gen cards. You can't even purchase single-GPU blocks right now that will fit; Swiftech and DangerDen are both working on this issue per emails I've had back and forth with them recently.

Hi Michael,

The answer is yes and we do plan on having it ready in time for or very close to when the cards are released.

Best Regards
Dan Stephens
dano@dangerden.com
www.dangerden.com

tel. 503 458 6548
fax. 503 458 6589

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I was wondering if you might be releasing a waterblock any time soon for Nvidia's new flagship card that's coming out next month: The 8800GTS / 8800GTX. Any answer you can give me as to whether or not you are planning on it and the timeframe it might be released in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Michael

fatal1ty
10-29-06, 01:18 AM
Thats crap - either go custom or checkout Petrastechshop http://www.petrastechshop.com/wacoki.html.

Xion X2
10-29-06, 01:36 AM
^ Yeah, I was going to tell him to go custom, myself.

GTV--Any pre-made kit is going to pale in comparison to a custom solution that you could put together yourself. Depending on how much money you're willing to spend, and how much time you're willing to dedicate to learning, the possibilities are limitless as far as WC'ng is concerned.

If you want a pre-made kit, you're best sticking with Swiftech or Dangerden. I wouldn't buy that Gigabyte kit you linked to. Swiftech and Dangerden pretty much run the schoolyard as far as pre-made WC'ng kits go. The only problem right now is that nobody has a block that will fit the 8800-series cards. Swiftech is working on a new mounting bracket that will make the MCW60 compatible and Dangerden is working on an entirely new block as we speak.

So, that's a breakdown of the situation with the pre-made kits right now. And if you want to go custom, well you need to head on over to xtremesystems.org and register and spend a lot of time in the "Liquid Cooling" forum, because you have a lot, lot to learn. :) But if you enjoy learning new things and enjoy experimenting, and want the absolute best in performance, then it's the only way to go.

hirantha
10-29-06, 01:12 PM
read a review or two before buy any water cooler.

i was on water cooling for 4 years and back to air cooling now lol..

Good luck with that project.

GTVAPSAMTIK
10-29-06, 03:21 PM
Great thx a bunch guyz, Should i wait till Nov8th and buy the kit after i place an order for G8800 GTX or its ok to go ahead and pick one of those kits.

grey_1
10-29-06, 03:36 PM
Great thx a bunch guyz, Should i wait till Nov8th and buy the kit after i place an order for G8800 GTX or its ok to go ahead and pick one of those kits.
Some, maybe all vendors will consider your GFX card warranty void if you remove any part of the card for anything custom, such as water cooling.

My advice would be to run your 8800 for a month or 2, make sure your not going to have a surprise rma on your hands. This will give most aftermarket cooling vendors plenty of time to have their products reviewed, then you'll be able to make a more educated choice for vga blocks.

Your gonna love liquid cooled though! Good luck and post pics after your rig is complete, should be a sight!

GTVAPSAMTIK
10-29-06, 03:51 PM
Some, maybe all vendors will consider your GFX card warranty void if you remove any part of the card for anything custom, such as water cooling.

My advice would be to run your 8800 for a month or 2, make sure your not going to have a surprise rma on your hands. This will give most aftermarket cooling vendors plenty of time to have their products reviewed, then you'll be able to make a more educated choice for vga blocks.

Your gonna love liquid cooled though! Good luck and post pics after your rig is complete, should be a sight!

SO let me go ahead adn buy one of those kits for CPU, but later on if i wanna watercool my GFX card i just have to buy a GPU BLOCK only ?

Xion X2
10-29-06, 04:52 PM
SO let me go ahead adn buy one of those kits for CPU, but later on if i wanna watercool my GFX card i just have to buy a GPU BLOCK only ?

If you want to buy just a kit for your CPU, the best out there right now is the Cool It Systems Freezone. It is a self-maintained WC'ng kit made for beginners. I have one for sale in the sales forum here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78393

And yes, you could always add a vga cooling solution later.

LBJM
10-30-06, 01:43 AM
a self-maintained WC'ng kit made for beginners.

but a custom system with give you more bang for your buck. by bang I mean satisfaction. you'll waste money by going with a kit because if you buy a kit you end up buying the good parts down the road anyways.

Tikimotel
10-30-06, 01:56 AM
I've got all my Watercooling products from innovatek, but mainly because I can get them directly from germany (on-line shop).
Other brands are hard to get in europe without having to pay heavily for delivery...

I plan on getting the new Thermaltake Mozart Tx case for my next watercooled uber-rig..
It's got plenty of cooling opportunity Quad-radiators :D .

Bjorn3D reviewed this case a while back, very nice.