PDA

View Full Version : nv4_disp.dll

seeker
10-29-06, 06:00 PM
I've been having an ongoing problem with this dll on my x64 OS. I've had a number of BSODs calling out this file, and just now, I installed nHancer, but when I try to start it, it pops an error saying that it can't find nv4_disp.dll. I checked in the system32 folder and it is there. I'm using 91.47 for x64, but I had the BSOD problems with previous versions. How do I correct the problem?

jb23fan
10-29-06, 11:11 PM
Remove the driver, use driver cleaner pro, install latest driver.

seeker
10-29-06, 11:16 PM
You are probably right, but when I tried DC Pro, in the past, it caused my system to crash, so I'm reluctant to do so again. Uninstalling and reinstalling won't help, because I have done that several times. Is there any alternative solution?

jb23fan
10-30-06, 04:31 AM
Well clearly there is a problem with your copy of nv4_disp so i would say the only way to whipte it out and get rid of is the formentioned solution.

MikeC
10-30-06, 07:05 AM
What exactly is the stop error message that you receive when the BSOD appears? Can you reproduce the error or does it occur randomly?

There is a workaround if you are getting a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293078

SLippe
11-01-06, 08:52 PM
Remove the driver, use driver cleaner pro, install latest driver.
My suggestion as well. Make sure you uninstall the display drivers first, then upon using DC Pro do the Cab Cleaner first! Then run the cleaner for nvidia. After all that, install newest (or whatever ones you want) nvidia display drivers. Just make sure you have the correct setting in DC Pro for nvidia and not nvidia nforce. Good luck.

seeker
11-05-06, 01:03 AM
What exactly is the stop error message that you receive when the BSOD appears? Can you reproduce the error or does it occur randomly?

There is a workaround if you are getting a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293078
The BSODs were random, but I don't recall any by that title. I tried to look them up in the minidump folder, but I had cleaned them out, not too long ago, so that was no help.

I'm going to wait until I have MCE up and running, before risking anything with DC Pro. I'll let you know what happens.