PDA

View Full Version : I want some new WHQL drivers....

fatal1ty
10-31-06, 10:27 AM
Alright, I'm gonna vent a touch here.

I hate all these leaked drivers that break more than they fix and I'm sure from Nvidia perspective aren't really ready for our use. They are developers builds meant to test things thus the reason profiles, clock speeds, etc aren't working right. The last official set was 91.47 from Sept (updated in OCT with profiles). Coming from ATI I really appreciate the regular WHQL updates as I don't want to be a lab rat and use these leaked sets.

Wow Nvidia updated the 91.47s and changed the release date now...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html

ForceWare Release 90
Version: 91.47
Release Date: October 16, 2006
WHQL Certified

I just want to get some WHQL drivers more frequently. Especially using the 7950 GX2 where profiles are crucial to making games work properly with this thing. I'm still using 91.47 as the other sets break more than they fix for me. I would love for Tiger Woods 2007 to get an SLI profile that works - all the custom ones with nhancer had flashing textures so Im waiting for NV to fix that - in addition to some other newer games.

C'mon NV lets get a monthly driver routine for the 7950 GX2 customers...

OWA
10-31-06, 10:28 AM
No. :)

saturnotaku
10-31-06, 10:38 AM
You do realize that WHQL means absolutely nothing, right?

fatal1ty
10-31-06, 10:42 AM
You do realize that WHQL means absolutely nothing, right?

Ok- then I just want OFFICIAL NV drivers - WHQL doesnt matter, i want to download drivers from their site once a month or more.

flukester
10-31-06, 10:57 AM
Ok- then I just want OFFICIAL NV drivers - WHQL doesnt matter, i want to download drivers from their site once a month or more.

fatal1ty, I want OFFICIAL Creative Labs X-Fi drivers for Linux. Seeing how they have products with your name, certainly you must have pull. :D

Riptide
10-31-06, 11:09 AM
Wasn't someone telling me a couple months back here that I should always load the latest beta drivers because they are always better? lol

Yes I wouldn't mind more frequent official releases from Nvidia. 91.47 has been good for me. The betas suck though.

grey_1
10-31-06, 11:16 AM
fatal1ty, I want OFFICIAL Creative Labs X-Fi drivers for Linux. Seeing how they have products with your name, certainly you must have pull. :D
:udawg: Good one man!

Wasn't someone telling me a couple months back here that I should always load the latest beta drivers because they are always better? lol

Yes I wouldn't mind more frequent official releases from Nvidia. 91.47 has been good for me. The betas suck though.

I've almost, not always but almost always had better IQ and performance out of the betas that come out. The only thing I get tired of is constant re-installing and tweaking to my liking.

Riptide
10-31-06, 11:21 AM
I've almost, not always but almost always had better IQ and performance out of the betas that come out. The only thing I get tired of is constant re-installing and tweaking to my liking.
Seems like I've seen far more complaints about the beta drivers around here than the official releases. But I'm not sure I want to start up with that whole debate again. ;)

fatal1ty
10-31-06, 12:12 PM
Seems like I've seen far more complaints about the beta drivers around here than the official releases. But I'm not sure I want to start up with that whole debate again. ;)

yea no kidding - reading through the beta threads its a no brainer...stick to WHQL.

OWA
10-31-06, 12:49 PM
All the betas have worked just as well as the officials for me. The only way to tell if they're going to work for you is to try them. It's really not any more difficult than installing an official driver except you have the extra mouse click when answering the non-WHQL warning dialog. Basically, just a couple of mouse-clicks to install a driver so I guess I don't understand what the problem is with trying a new one. Try it, if you don't like it, go back to the official.

nekrosoft13
10-31-06, 01:01 PM
i'm using 96.89, far better then any official to date.

why is everyone bitching and moaning about beta drivers, in my book all drivers are beta, especially video drivers, they change every few days. they keep finding problems with them, and keep releasing new version.

WHQL is a joke, a good way to make money for MS, all MS does is to make sure it works correct with OS, they don't test a single game on it. WHQL was started to make some other companies make higher quality drivers, it helped in some cases. but if it works, it works simple as that, screw WHQL.

ASUSEN7900GTX
10-31-06, 03:55 PM
since i gor some weird stuff in oblivion with these drivers

can it be i used AA in Nvidia CP and HDR in game no AA ingame can that have caused the problem?

but then why get that same in COD2 whe i take a screen with fraps?

saw Creative realesed a new driver oct 30 2006 so i have them now installed

OWA
10-31-06, 04:43 PM
Yeah, you don't want to force AA in the Nvidia CP if you're going to use HDR in the game.

Fraps apparently has issues when AA is forced in the CP. I've started using clipbuddy to take some screenshots b/c of that.

grey_1
10-31-06, 06:53 PM
True dat!

RejZoR
10-31-06, 08:46 PM
Official or beta, like it matters? They never fix ANY bug from beta release anyway so why care what kind of release it is? If it's on NVIDIA FTP it's official regardless of its certification (WHQL or not).
They should really start fixing something unless they really want to push all current users to their competition (*cough* AMD for example *cough*) just because they have so freakin lazy programmers and testers...

jb23fan
11-01-06, 01:34 AM
Some WHQL drivers have more bugs than the leaked ones, remember the SLI popup bug?

No offense but...use the latest official drivers if you don't like running into bugs. NVidia updates their drivers MORE than enough.

SJA06
11-01-06, 03:20 AM
NVidia updates their drivers MORE than enough.

I just counted (on the FTP site)17 drivers released already this year, and this doesn't include other leaked drivers, or Quadro, which work on most cards.

So I don't think anyone can complain they don't release enough drivers - not fixing bugs is another issue.

Hello BTW..1st post here..:D

OWA
11-02-06, 09:30 AM
New official WHQL drivers released...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79381

fatal1ty
11-02-06, 12:25 PM
New official WHQL drivers released...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79381
'

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!