PDA

View Full Version : Intel Quad Core Preview WITH Benchmarks @ HardOCP

stevemedes
11-01-06, 08:17 PM
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTIxMywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Imbroglio
11-01-06, 08:52 PM
must of been fake, in those 20 minutes it's already been taken down and no sign of it anywhere on the website

tacos4me
11-01-06, 08:54 PM
I read a few pages of it before it went down. Yeah.. to make a long article not so long, quad core = good for media encoding and the like, bad for games. Maybe not bad, but no better than a dual core.

Daydre@m
11-01-06, 09:02 PM
I read a few pages of it before it went down. Yeah.. to make a long article not so long, quad core = good for media encoding and the like, bad for games. Maybe not bad, but no better than a dual core.
After reading HardOCP's initial review of Core 2 Duo Processors (Conroe) I dont know if i can trust 'em anymore.

Imbroglio
11-01-06, 09:05 PM
i know what you mean, where other sites site down and play with the cpu's and vid cards to see how they feel, seems like [H]ard is just overly concerned with the numbers, regardless if it looks and feels better on x as opposed to y. Their reviews are rarely spot on, there are unfortunately just better places to go for such.

nVidi0t
11-02-06, 12:10 PM
Fantastic results and an amazing cpu, but between this and G80, Ill be going for the 8800 gtx. There just aren't enough multithreaded applications as of yet and I dont use my cpu enough for content creation to justify the purchase.

The good news is for us Conroe owners is that the upgrade is so convenient with a lot of motherboards.

J-Mag
11-02-06, 12:58 PM
^ yeah sure seems there is alot of G80 info coming around but not much on the 680