PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Me?

dennisgb
11-02-06, 10:14 AM
I posted this before without response.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have a Dell Latitude C810 with a NVidia video card.

I have loaded the correct software and drivers and have run into a problem with the TV out function which I need.

When I originally started up I was able to expand the desktop and have my laptop display as my primary display and the TV as the expanded desktop. This is in horizontal expansion.

I was trying to get the tv to run overscanned, and all of the sudden I can no longer get my tv as the expanded desktop. It will let me clone, go vertical, and expand with the tv as the primary display, but I can not expand with the laptop as the primary and the TV as expanded.

I have tried to remove all drivers and software and start from scratch, but nothing works. If I click the expanded with the TV as anything other than primary, the display reverts back to whatever setting it's in.

Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4

grey_1
11-02-06, 11:25 AM
hi dennisgb, you would have to post which driver version your using, maybe others you've tried as well. If it's a driver bug (probably is) I'm sure someone else here has found either a fix or a better driver.

dennisgb
11-02-06, 11:29 AM
Grey,

The drivers are the ones supplied by Dell, as the laptop drivers are not available from NVidia.

I am not at the computer, but I'm pretty sure the driver number is 44.85

rewt
11-02-06, 11:34 AM
I don't think many of us here use TV's for secondary display.

One thing's for sure, 44.85 are very old nvidia drivers. You can try the latest ones from laptopvideo2go.com (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com). Everything you need for configuring your laptop GPU is there.

Good luck!

dennisgb
11-02-06, 11:41 AM
I know that driver is old, but it is the latest one on the Dell website, and I was told to use the Dell driver.

I already spent a bunch of time trying to figure out what driver to use on laptopvideo2go.com.

I can't figure out what to try. The Nvidia board in my Dell is pretty old too. It doesn't have all the features of the new ones...can I just try a new driver?

rewt
11-02-06, 11:54 AM
Many drivers that lv2go has have come from Dell. Anyways, it doesn't matter where the driver came from, because Nvidia still made it. All you really need to know is what GPU you have in your system, and which newest driver supports it. Most threads at lv2go will give you information about what card the driver's support.

I honestly think you should register over there and ask. I know most of the guys over there, and they really know their stuff about laptops and drivers.

dennisgb
11-02-06, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I did that already...seems no one understands the problem I am talking about...I think TVTools messed my system up...