PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause gets 93% from PC Gamer

K-1
11-02-06, 12:07 PM
Well a co-worker brought in the latest issue of PC Gamer (US version) and like the title says, while flipping through it I was shocked to see Just Cause got a 93% rating. That's a higher score than FEAR got! Didn't actually read the review but holy crap, I avoided the game because everyone seemed to think it was awful, but I think i'll have to give the demo a try later tonight...

GamerGuyX
11-02-06, 12:15 PM
I hate Just Cause...

nekrosoft13
11-02-06, 12:17 PM
game is awful

who reviewed the game? allot of people have different taste, some people like good games, some people like bad games

raystorm
11-02-06, 12:18 PM
Hardly deserves a 93%.. wow. Missions get boring big time, the town revolution stuff gets old fast, the vehicles don't feel right, the visuals are not as good as the 360 version (shadows are not even close)..etc. The potential is there for something really fun if they build a sequel with the pc and next gen consoles in mind as the game started dev on the PS2 and Xbox. Its just their opinion though and I usually never quite agree with those guys.

Daydre@m
11-02-06, 12:18 PM
Although i think the review should be somewhat accurate, i think you should check other online reviews too.

Here is a link that should help you if you wanna look into it further:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/925085.asp?q=just%20cause

jAkUp
11-02-06, 12:21 PM
Yea I thought that score was strange too.

K-1
11-02-06, 12:21 PM
I think it was Chuck Osborne who reviewed it, i'll try to steal the mag away later today. Everyone I've talked to says what you guys are saying, that the game is horrible. Just really shocked PC Gamer would rate it so high, they're usually more reasonable with their reviews.

nekrosoft13
11-02-06, 12:26 PM
Yea I thought that score was strange too.

jakup, you got a conroe system running already? your sig is missing a board

stncttr908
11-02-06, 12:28 PM
The game looks as though the camera has some bizarre lens filter on it. Everything is so out of normal contrast.

anticitizenzero
11-02-06, 01:14 PM
PC Gamer reviews arent the most reliable either because half the time there reiviewing late beta versions of games.

crainger
11-02-06, 03:23 PM
jakup, you got a conroe system running already? your sig is missing a board

jAk no longer needs a motherboard like us mere mortals.

Capt. Picard
11-02-06, 03:28 PM
The game is horrible. The firts few seconds were GREAT until you have start driving and shooting. It's fetching impossible. The driving is even worse. Raystorm says the vehicles don't feel right. That's the understatement of the year.

nVidi0t
11-02-06, 03:43 PM
Game sucked balls. 39% maybe.

crainger
11-02-06, 04:51 PM
Everyone's head get ready to explode, your favourite game is getting ready for a sequel.

http://www.news4gamers.com/xbox360/NewsCom-12852.aspx#Comments

evilchris
11-02-06, 06:20 PM
I tried the demo and it was a POS

adv1
11-02-06, 06:21 PM
PC Gamer UK gave it 85%. I think both these scores are too high, but the game isn't as bad as some say. I think most people were put off by the very badly handled demo that doesn't give a good indication of what the full game is like.

Personally I'm torn with Just Cause - sometimes I can play it and think it's amazing, with so many good ideas. In terms of giving you a great big playground and giving you freedom to muck about doing whatever you want, there's not really anything I've played that comes close. Switch off the blurry lighting effects and use some anti-alias and it looks very pretty too.

But then there are other times I just get annoyed with all the problems - the horrid physics and vehicle handling, lack of joypad support, weak combat, poor textures, irritating bugs...

I think if you're willing to look past the problems you'll enjoy it for the freedom and ambition of the game (that may be the reason for the high scores), but that might be a tall order for many people.