PDA

View Full Version : Vista to launch November 30th

Zelda_fan
11-02-06, 02:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6110958.stm

They are also launching Office 2007 on that day as well. Can't wait to get my hands on both to be honest.

evilghost
11-02-06, 02:50 PM
MMmmm, Enterprisey DRM, restrictive EULA's, pulled features that were promised, and pseudo-security. What more could a button-monkey want? I'm going to order six of them in the Vista Super-Duper kRad Edition!

einstein_314
11-02-06, 03:33 PM
MMmmm, Enterprisey DRM, restrictive EULA's, pulled features that were promised, and pseudo-security. What more could a button-monkey want? I'm going to order six of them in the Vista Super-Duper kRad Edition!
Oh go hump a penguin :D

I think I'll stick with the beta versions of Vista and Office for as long as possible... at least that's the plan.

OWA
11-02-06, 10:03 PM
Hmm, when they say corporate customers only does that mean e-tailers will have OEM copies or not? Anyway, I hope I'm able to get it at the end of Nov. instead of having to wait until next year.

GamerGuyX
11-02-06, 10:32 PM
Can't wait.

Redeemed
11-03-06, 05:57 AM
Can't wait either. Gonna' grabe 3 copies of Ultimate soon as my wallet will allow me to! :p

nekrosoft13
11-03-06, 06:28 AM
i'm not buying vista till this whole driver issue gets sorted out

tweaked
11-03-06, 01:58 PM
i'm not buying vista till this whole driver issue gets sorted out

Smartest thing I've read today.

Bearclaw
11-03-06, 02:49 PM
So will etailers have copies then at the end of november or what?

tacos4me
11-03-06, 03:13 PM
So will etailers have copies then at the end of november or what?

From 30 November corporate customers of the software giant will be able to get their hands on the next version of the operating system.

Also on that date Microsoft will make available Office 2007 - its suite of business programs.

Home users will have to wait until January 2007 to get hold of a copy of the Vista software.

:p

Sazar
11-03-06, 03:31 PM
Gonna have to see how this performs on my d-620.

Hope it doesn't tank.

Vapor Trail
11-03-06, 09:06 PM
When I start seeing some official drivers posted by Nvidia, HP, Creative, Dell etc I'll consider it. Not until.

Redeemed
11-04-06, 03:47 AM
How could you see official drivers for Vista right now when the OS isn't even available for purchase?

I'm sure on the 30th we'll see some solid Vista drivers on nVidia's and ATi's site.

Bearclaw
11-04-06, 11:03 AM
From 30 November corporate customers of the software giant will be able to get their hands on the next version of the operating system.

Also on that date Microsoft will make available Office 2007 - its suite of business programs.

Home users will have to wait until January 2007 to get hold of a copy of the Vista software.

So I will not be able ot get a copy or not? What it says corporate customers does it mean business' or what?

GamerGuyX
11-04-06, 12:32 PM
So I will not be able ot get a copy or not? What it says corporate customers does it mean business' or what?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+corporate&rls=com.microsoft:*&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

OWA
11-04-06, 01:41 PM
bodied: possessing or existing in bodily form;
Cool, I guess that means we'll be able to pick up a copy.

GamerGuyX
11-04-06, 04:45 PM
Cool, I guess that means we'll be able to pick up a copy.

Bastard. :p

Vapor Trail
11-04-06, 05:07 PM
How could you see official drivers for Vista right now when the OS isn't even available for purchase?

I'm sure on the 30th we'll see some solid Vista drivers on nVidia's and ATi's site.

Well that's two hardware vendors what about all the others????

I'll bet they will still have beta drivers and buggy as hell.

I'm actually surprised at the relative lack of hardware vendor drivers so far.

I can wait.

If you want to be a guinea pig, go right ahead.

Frankly I have better things to do than curse at my system because nothing works properly like it does now.

Imbroglio
11-04-06, 06:42 PM
Hmm, when they say corporate customers only does that mean e-tailers will have OEM copies or not? Anyway, I hope I'm able to get it at the end of Nov. instead of having to wait until next year.

unless you have a corporate account with microsoft, you won't be able to pick up even an oem copy until january. nothing has changed, they (microsoft) stated back in october that soon after rtm corporations would have access to it and would be publicly available in jan 07. that vista launch described here is strictly corporate.

Rakeesh
11-04-06, 07:20 PM
Frankly I have better things to do than curse at my system because nothing works properly like it does now.

Why is that? Evilghost doesn't seem to mind it.

jAkUp
11-04-06, 11:12 PM
unless you have a corporate account with microsoft, you won't be able to pick up even an oem copy until january. nothing has changed, they (microsoft) stated back in october that soon after rtm corporations would have access to it and would be publicly available in jan 07. that vista launch described here is strictly corporate.

They may be speaking of boxed copies. OEM copies should be available soon. (the copies used for system builds)

Mr_LoL
11-05-06, 10:06 AM
15gb installation :eek:

nekrosoft13
11-05-06, 11:04 AM
They may be speaking of boxed copies. OEM copies should be available soon. (the copies used for system builds)

i sure hope so, i will be picking it up asap after all this driver issues get sorted out