PDA

View Full Version : PS3 who?

brady
11-02-06, 04:40 PM
This time last year it seems to me there was a greater amount of excitement leading up to the 360 launch. Anyone else think Sony needs to pick it up. Do they even have kiosks out anywhere?..

Anyways, I'm gunna try the same strategy as last year. Get up at 5am on the 17th and cruise on down to costco.

lIqUID
11-02-06, 04:56 PM
I haven't seen any kiosks here yet. I have been reading they should be around in the next two weeks, but who knows really.

mrrolf
11-02-06, 05:25 PM
Since they are coming out with so few units, maybe it's better that they not have kiosks and instead put all units produced onto the market.

Parts
11-02-06, 06:04 PM
eh, I dont think Sony needs the hype and all that anyway, im sure everybody who wants to know, knows.

UDawg
11-02-06, 06:09 PM
eh, I dont think Sony needs the hype and all that anyway, im sure everybody who wants to know, knows.
Try that line on th Exec. at Sony. You will be bounced out of the promotions department faster than poo through a goose. Image is king.

Marvel_us
11-02-06, 10:52 PM
I disagree, maybe the OP isn't hyped about the launch but there are a lot of people who are. Hell, the pre-orders were all gone in like a day.

Sony has kiosks out in japan and the ones for US should be out any day now. I posted pics of the kiosk in another thread.

Sabadin
11-03-06, 12:24 PM
Hell, the pre-orders were all gone in like a day.

Not that hard when you only have like 2 that can be pre-ordered lol.

Marvel_us
11-03-06, 12:58 PM
Not that hard when you only have like 2 that can be pre-ordered lol.

8-16 per store buddy.:p

Bad_Boy
11-03-06, 01:29 PM
8-16 per store buddy.:p
not to mention the fact that people camped out over night just to get preorders (and not the unit itself) says a lot, especially when there was only a 1 day notice for most people. sold out in a couple hours I believe, same for the toys r us pre orders.

sony wont have any problem selling ps3s this holiday, the only problem is making a decent amount of ps3's for the holiday season to sell.

my local best buy says they are getting 50-60 ps3's, but take that with a grain of salt as it was just from a regular employee and not a manager or anything like that.

Namrok
11-03-06, 01:36 PM
I could care less about the PS3. But then again, I didn't care about the 360 either when it launched because I knew I wouldn't be able to get one.

It's hard to tell which one has more hype. Personally I think a smaller group of people are more excited about the PS3 when compared to the 360 launch. I think the 360 was people's first taste of next gen, so it had a slightly broader appeal, but no good games to back it up. The PS3 is coming a year late to the next gen party, with, IMO, lackluster games, but a few more features which, lets be honest here, are not that important at this time to 99% of people. But for that 1% that do care, they care a whole hell of a lot.

And personally, those baby doll TV adds creep the hell out of me. I feel like if I buy a PS3 it will give me nightmares if I keep it in the same room as where I sleep.

dwhjr77
11-04-06, 09:43 AM
I simply can't get passed the Spiderman font.

Marvel_us
11-04-06, 09:58 AM
I simply can't get passed the Spiderman font.

You may have a problem then.:rolleyes:

Bearclaw
11-04-06, 10:44 AM
You may have a problem then.:rolleyes:
Hahaha, oh well. You'll end up getting one anyway.