PDA

View Full Version : Your dream game re-make/modern update

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Parts
11-03-06, 03:54 AM
Well, the new Sam and Max has arrived, the original Tomb Raider is being brought into modern times with update graphics, I saw some people post in the NFS:C demo thread about how if the original NFS was remade with one of the newer engines they would buy it.

my question is what else would be cool to see modernized or re-made with a new engine or something?

I woke up today and looked over at my SNES and saw the Super Metroid cart in there that I played through again recently and thought "Man, It would be really sweet if they re-made Super Metroid into a FPS using the Metroid Prime engine" following the exact same story and level layout etc, but just put into a FPS perspective. I can picture it and man /drool

Thats what immidietly comes to mind right now for me, whats everyone elses?

grey_1
11-03-06, 04:03 AM
My first choice would be a faithful remake of System Shock2, maybe with the Jupiter engine. I've heard so much about it I'd love to see it, but I'm not paying $40 or $50 for a copy of it.

crainger
11-03-06, 04:24 AM
A remake of Syndicate and/or Syndicate Wars.

crainger
11-03-06, 04:47 AM
Time Commando 2!

crainger
11-03-06, 04:53 AM
Soldier of Fortune 3!

Lfctony
11-03-06, 05:49 AM
Final Fantasy VII...
Baldur's Gate 2...
Dune II...

Redeemed
11-03-06, 05:52 AM
All of these remakes would need to have full use of all the latest hardware for gaming (multi-core CPUs, Quad SLi/CrossFire, extreme in-game physics for PhysX and HavokFX, and extremely advanced AI)

My votes:

A new Mechwarrior game. Preferrably a remake of Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat

Soldier of Fortune 3

HellBender

Monster Truck Madness 2

Midtown Madness

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight series

Zone Raiders

Wac-A-Mole :p

Seal Team (one of my all-time favorites! :D )

Can't think of any more right now, but that's a decent list to start with. :D

Toss3
11-03-06, 06:03 AM
FF VII
Zelda: A link to the past, Ocarina of Time
Far Cry on Crysis engine! :)
Super Mario(Unreal 3 Engine) :D
The first Metal Gear Solid
Halo, Halo 2 running on Halo 3's engine
Half-Life 1(Not on the s-s-st-stuttering Source)
(nana2)

crainger
11-03-06, 06:09 AM
All of these remakes would need to have full use of all the latest hardware for gaming (multi-core CPUs, Quad SLi/CrossFire, extreme in-game physics for PhysX and HavokFX, and extremely advanced AI)

My votes:

A new Mechwarrior game. Preferrably a remake of Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat

Soldier of Fortune 3

HellBender

Monster Truck Madness 2

Midtown Madness

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight series

Zone Raiders

Wac-A-Mole :p

Seal Team (one of my all-time favorites! :D )

Can't think of any more right now, but that's a decent list to start with. :D

Monster Truck Madness FTFW! I love that game!

and it's about time for another Jedi Knight game... Wonder if Raven have any plans?

Redeemed
11-03-06, 06:15 AM
Monster Truck Madness FTFW! I love that game!

and it's about time for another Jedi Knight game... Wonder if Raven have any plans?

I sure would hope so. That would rock beyond belief. If they were to re-make any of the titles I mentioned (and they did a darned great job at it, the "re-make" not being a flop but exceeding all expectations) I'd be more excited about that then anything else going on right now (including G80, R600, Crysis, and Alan Wake! :p )

Namrok
11-03-06, 06:25 AM
You know to be honest, I'm having a hard time imagining games I really loved, but would be improved somehow by better graphics or an updated engine. For the most part they were perfect the first time I played them, and any graphical shortcomings just became part of the charm in my mind.

Well you know actually, the original Doom would be pretty sweet redone in the Painkiller engine. I think that would be a great match.

Hmmm, maybe redo the Gold Box games in the NWN1/2 engine?

I guess I'm coming up with ideas for mods rather than ideas for remakes :p

CaptNKILL
11-03-06, 06:26 AM
A sequel to the old Shadowrun game for the SNES with all of the adventure elements (exploration and puzzle solving with items) and RPG\action elements of the original.

It'd have to be isometric view and you'd have direct control of your character's movement with the keys\controller and you could aim using the mouse cursor... sort of like the controls in Alient Shooter or Shadowgrounds.

It'd have to have a good story and deep dialog... just like the first one.

I've been wanting this game for 12 years now, since the end of the first one mentioned Shadowrun 2.

The genesis Shadowrun game was also an excellent game but it played different and seemed to be in a whole different time period than the SNES game.

I true sequel to either would make my day, but if it was the SNES version I'd probably crap my pants. Seriously, I'd drop one right in my undies if I saw that a Shadowrun game of that description was being released... I almost jumped out of my chair the first time I read that that Shadowrun FPS was being developed for PC and X360... but thats not anything like the game I want (and therefor, not worthy of a pants-crapping).

A good sequel to Deus Ex would be awesome too, but I'd take a good SR sequel over any other game ever... I havent wanted anything more since I started gaming.

nekrosoft13
11-03-06, 06:33 AM
Road Rash re-make would be nice
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/c/05/ag/e9/94_9.JPG

re-make of MK

some of the other ones been mentioned before

crainger
11-03-06, 06:34 AM
I'd love a new Hyperblade, or a PC port of Dearthrow with updated graphics!

nutcrackr
11-03-06, 06:36 AM
Starsiege Tribes!
Diablo
Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries
C&C Red Alert

crainger
11-03-06, 06:42 AM
Starsiege Tribes!
Diablo
Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries
C&C Red Alert

Diablo 3 is on it's way...

nutcrackr
11-03-06, 06:59 AM
Diablo 3 is on it's way...
I thought this was about remakes, not sequels :P

karkrash81
11-03-06, 07:09 AM
Remake of the first No One Lives Forever...

mcolbourn
11-03-06, 07:39 AM
I would also like to see a re-make of MechWarrior 2! I loved that game when it came out and it was even better when it was 3D accelerated.

saturnotaku
11-03-06, 08:27 AM
Carmageddon 2

CaptNKILL
11-03-06, 08:37 AM
Carmageddon 2
:thumbsup:

I'm still waiting on a Carmageddon 4.

toxikneedle
11-03-06, 08:42 AM
Mafia

period.