PDA

View Full Version : Yet again....Marketplace FTL.

t6_shadow
11-03-06, 06:47 PM
Want the fastest car? PAY PAY PAY!

http://xbox360.qj.net/EA-sends-NFS-Carbon-content-to-Xbox-Live/pg/49/aid/71431

oldsk00l
11-03-06, 09:43 PM
Good thing NFS Carbon is a CRAP ASS STUPID PATHETIC WORTHLESS RIP OFF game.

shabby
11-03-06, 09:44 PM
If you were ea, you'd do the same thing. There are people out there that suck and will pay for this, so why not offer it?

Parts
11-03-06, 11:51 PM
I thought you could just enter cheat codes to unlock cars and upgrade etc, not in carbon? or is this different.

Bad_Boy
11-04-06, 01:22 AM
If you were ea, you'd do the same thing. There are people out there that suck and will pay for this, so why not offer it?
and that makes it ok? unfortunately EA will probably do the same thing on the playstation store on ps3.

kev13dd
11-04-06, 02:04 AM
Good thing NFS Carbon is a CRAP ASS STUPID PATHETIC WORTHLESS RIP OFF game.
Have you played the full version or just the demo? Have you played through the entire game? Or are you just basing the "crap" status off the fact you don't like what you've heard or played in a tiny demo...

I have the PC version, it's not so bad, but I sure as heck would never fork out another penny for a faster car... especially when its already on the disk I payed for...

K

Zelda_fan
11-04-06, 02:18 AM
just don't buy the game. That's what I'm going.

six_storm
11-04-06, 02:45 AM

Exactly. EA has made the NFS series pretty repetitive within the past 4 years with the whole Underground games and to present. They really need to start thinking of some new ideas. This is exactly why I'm not buying Carbon because it's going to be just like Most Wanted for the most part and I've already beaten MW.

MustangSVT
11-04-06, 02:57 AM
Nobody forcing you to buy the game. I'll be fine with my PGR3 and TDU. What makes you think that they won't make you pay for that same car for PS3?

O and btw, you can only get the fastest car by downloading the downloader version for PC from EA's site which gets you the Koenigsegg CCR/CCX I believe.

kev13dd
11-04-06, 04:33 AM
Exactly. EA has made the NFS series pretty repetitive within the past 4 years with the whole Underground games and to present. They really need to start thinking of some new ideas. This is exactly why I'm not buying Carbon because it's going to be just like Most Wanted for the most part and I've already beaten MW.
What else do you WANT them to do? You wanna know why they repeat? Cause it works. Underground added the underground tuner aspect. Most Wanted changed to daylight and added in police. Now Carbon has mixed both. What on earth is a company supposed to do to change car racing games? Make them fly? THEY ARE CARS. They've upgraded the graphics with each release, and added in new environments. Even if Carbon is "too much like MW" it still adds in a new environment, more cars, and nicer graphics. That alone is what sold me

NFS is repetative. Duh. Notice how all the titles have something in common: they all start with "Need for Speed". Cause they aren't completely different games- they are the same games with different environments and aspects. EA games has done nothing with the series but keep it alive. It can always get better sure, and I look forward to the next release to see if it does

K

Peoples-Agent
11-04-06, 04:34 AM
Was going to get this one, until I was informed you can't change engines and upgrade in that area... it's all cosmetics. Rubbish!

Tyr-Sog
11-04-06, 05:05 AM

Unfortunally I think that this is what to expect from the near future. Every game will be holding back content and charging extra I predict.

This trend of just the latest games is seriously having me thinking about ditching my 360 while I still can get some decent cash for it. Like I've said before, if I wanted something that nickled and dimed me to death I'd get a real hobby, like a hot rod or something :D

Ruined
11-04-06, 08:43 AM
Want the fastest car? PAY PAY PAY!

http://xbox360.qj.net/EA-sends-NFS-Carbon-content-to-Xbox-Live/pg/49/aid/71431

The only thing that isn't unlockable in game off that list is the Collector's Edition upgrade.

The rest of the stuff is buying cheat codes and you can get the same upgrades by playing the game.

Bearclaw
11-04-06, 10:39 AM
QFT.

oldsk00l
11-04-06, 12:14 PM
Have you played the full version or just the demo? Have you played through the entire game? Or are you just basing the "crap" status off the fact you don't like what you've heard or played in a tiny demo...

I have the PC version, it's not so bad, but I sure as heck would never fork out another penny for a faster car... especially when its already on the disk I payed for...

K

If they want to convince anyone that it's a decent game, they need to put out a better demo. The demo was representative of probably the worst racing game I've played on a console since the playstation days.

GamerGuyX
11-04-06, 12:22 PM
Yet again... t6_shadow's fanboy mentality FTL.

kev13dd
11-04-06, 12:41 PM
Was going to get this one, until I was informed you can't change engines and upgrade in that area... it's all cosmetics. Rubbish!
I just installed a tier 2 suspension, turbo, and engine upgrade on my car... so I dunno what you mean...

K

six_storm
11-04-06, 12:58 PM
What else do you WANT them to do? You wanna know why they repeat? Cause it works. Underground added the underground tuner aspect. Most Wanted changed to daylight and added in police. Now Carbon has mixed both. What on earth is a company supposed to do to change car racing games? Make them fly? THEY ARE CARS. They've upgraded the graphics with each release, and added in new environments. Even if Carbon is "too much like MW" it still adds in a new environment, more cars, and nicer graphics. That alone is what sold me

NFS is repetative. Duh. Notice how all the titles have something in common: they all start with "Need for Speed". Cause they aren't completely different games- they are the same games with different environments and aspects. EA games has done nothing with the series but keep it alive. It can always get better sure, and I look forward to the next release to see if it does

K

I guess I'm just tired of the worn out stereotype of the "white gangsta tuner guy or asian gangsta tuner guy". It's actually annoying to not only see it in a movie (F&F) but also to put it in game #4 of the NFS series. I don't expect them to find the cure for AIDS with this game (that's a longshot) but EA needs to figure out what the word "variety" means. A little bit better graphics, updated car lists and a different environment won't sell me. Why do you think I won't buy any of the Madden games? Once you have one, you basically have them all. Same thing with NFS as of present times.

shabby
11-04-06, 01:45 PM
and that makes it ok? unfortunately EA will probably do the same thing on the playstation store on ps3.

Do you have some moral issue with this or what? Why is it not ok? Its business, deal with it.

Ruined
11-04-06, 03:32 PM
I guess I'm just tired of the worn out stereotype of the "white gangsta tuner guy or asian gangsta tuner guy". It's actually annoying to not only see it in a movie (F&F) but also to put it in game #4 of the NFS series. I don't expect them to find the cure for AIDS with this game (that's a longshot) but EA needs to figure out what the word "variety" means. A little bit better graphics, updated car lists and a different environment won't sell me. Why do you think I won't buy any of the Madden games? Once you have one, you basically have them all. Same thing with NFS as of present times.

IMO aside from the first few all the NFS games were crap up until Most Wanted... I think EA turned the corner with Most Wanted especially by offering a fun, coherent storyline.

Carbon is a step back from Most Wanted, but it is still better than past NFS games like Underground.

GamerGuyX
11-04-06, 04:37 PM
Do you have some moral issue with this or what? Why is it not ok? Its business, deal with it.

A crappy business whose games I pirate. So in a way, I am dealing with it. :D

Thanks for that.

MustangSVT
11-04-06, 05:26 PM
A crappy business whose games I pirate. So in a way, I am dealing with it. :D

Thanks for that.
Amen.

And by the way, t6_shadow FTL. (wack)

oldsk00l
11-04-06, 10:33 PM

K

Wrong, most wanted was loads better than this. I actually enjoyed that game, this one was utter suckage and hence turned into the top candidate for "worst 360 game yet" spot.

Bad_Boy
11-04-06, 11:30 PM
because people will buy this **** either because some people just dont know that this stuff isnt already in the game or that they are retarded, and as long as they are buying this crap EA will continue to do this. I dunno about you, but on the marketplace and playstation store, I expect stuff that you cant already get in the game, stuff that changes how the game is played or gives you more value out of the game. Sorry if I dont support the idea of selling cheat codes, especially on a easy to beat game like carbon. Its basically paying somebody to beat the game for you.

Its not really unmoral persay, cause to a certain extent people pay for strategy guides, which is a similar concept, but at these prices you're basically paying $100+ for the game and cheat codes to be unlocked for you. It's stupid.

And unfortunately, I wouldnt be surprised if EA carried this crap over to the ps3. Hopefully MS and Sony can get them to atleast offer more orginal content to add to the game. Oblivion for example is getting a 10-20 hour expansion pack for like 10 dollars on Live, now I dont really like Oblivion I'm just giving an example that this is the kind of stuff I would like to see more of.

MustangSVT
11-05-06, 01:24 AM

Most Wanted actually happens to be a much better game than Carbon. I'm surprised EA is this dumb. Most Wanted was a bit more similar to the old NFS's than Underground, so I thought maybe they saw the light. They saw the light, took a few steps in the right direction, then went back in the wrong direction. Typical EA crap. No thanks I'll stick to Project Gotham Racing and Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.