PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2405 color question

grey_1
11-03-06, 09:40 PM
Hey all..title says it all. Would anyone be willing to share what color settings for the monitor, and brightness/contrast/gamma in the nvcp, you are using?

Right now I have rgb@42/41/40 respectively, monitors brightness @ 0, and nvcp @96%B, 100%C, 1.00G. All with the 85.96 drivers. Some of the richest colors on desktop and in game I've seen and I still get color banding in shadows or over dark areas when turning.

I have the dellR91058 drivers installed and the best color profile I've found is the Eizo S2410WD6 (looks much richer).

Anyone willing to share is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Edit: DVI input also.., thx

Roadhog
11-03-06, 09:43 PM
try 50% brightness, and contrast. I hear that reduces the banding.

I have a 2007fpw comming on tuesday. :D

grey_1
11-03-06, 09:47 PM
try 50% brightness, and contrast. I hear that reduces the banding.

I have a 2007fpw comming on tuesday. :D
You mean in the nvcp? I can't adjust contrast on the monitors osd with DVI.

Thx for the fast reply!

Roadhog
11-03-06, 09:54 PM
You mean in the nvcp? I can't adjust contrast on the monitors osd with DVI.

Thx for the fast reply!

Maybe with your video card driver? I dunno, ive never used one of these monitors. I'm just reading ALOT about them since i ordered one.

grey_1
11-03-06, 10:08 PM
Maybe with your video card driver? I dunno, ive never used one of these monitors. I'm just reading ALOT about them since i ordered one.
That's what I've been playing with and man is it sensitive. @ clicks too far and the banding is clean here, horrible under a little different light later. I mean it looks awesome except for that, just frustrating!

Edit: heck, I'm almost ready to try a vga input and see what adjusting the monitors contrast will do.

Roadhog
11-03-06, 10:10 PM
That's what I've been playing with and man is it sensitive. @ clicks too far and the banding is clean here, horrible under a little different light later. I mean it looks awesome except for that, just frustrating!

Edit: heck, I'm almost ready to try a vga input and see what adjusting the monitors contrast will do.

try running the monitor calibration thingy in the nvidia control panel. It does wonders. :D

grey_1
11-03-06, 10:33 PM
try running the monitor calibration thingy in the nvidia control panel. It does wonders. :D
I did, it came out sooo dark :D , I'm just wondering if I don't have just the right set of drivers out of the, ohhhh, 48000, out there. :p