PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Wii IGN get's 10hrs of play

Zelda_fan
11-04-06, 01:58 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html

some quotes I'd like to share.

If you buy Twilight Princess for GameCube and not Wii, you are a fool.

I asked how long it took Nintendo's testers to complete the entire game the first time through. The answer is a whopping 70-plus hours.
When publishers claim that their games are 50 hours long, seasoned players usually half that number for the truth. But with Twilight Princess, I think we can really look forward to a 50-plus-hour adventure, bare minimum. This quest will keep you busy through the holidays and beyond.

could simply write that "it's Zelda" and veteran gamers would fully understand.

Nintendo's action-adventure series has, since its conception decades ago, set the standard for the genre with incredibly deep gameplay mechanics and clever puzzles, not to mention beautiful graphics.
Now, bearing that in mind, Twilight Princess is bigger, deeper, and prettier.

And when the gameplay session came to its too-early end, everybody in attendance agreed that the Wii remote and nunchuk combo performed beautifully. Nobody's arms were tired. Nobody felt that the continuity of the game universe had been sacrificed because the landscapes and items had been mirrored. And nobody complained that Link was a right-hander. In fact, we had a couple lefties who said playing with the game on Wii felt very natural.

This could possibly be the greatest game of all time.

Gaco
11-04-06, 04:29 AM
Lol Zelda you're just like Cartman in "Go God Go" :D

I am getting the Wii sooner or later for sure :)

Mr. Hunt
11-04-06, 05:44 AM
I played one today at a kiosk at Gamestop while waiting to go see Borat... No nun-chuck, only the TV remote looking part and the demo was terrible... it had Excite truck and maybe that Mii game (didn't click on it)... controls were pretty awful and the controller is way too sensitive, also I found pointing where you want to while holding the "controller" down to be a bit hard.

Also, graphics on Excite Truck were about Dreamcast quality.

K007
11-04-06, 05:56 AM
Console Forums FTW

Zelda_fan
11-04-06, 09:02 AM
I played one today at a kiosk at Gamestop while waiting to go see Borat... No nun-chuck, only the TV remote looking part and the demo was terrible... it had Excite truck and maybe that Mii game (didn't click on it)... controls were pretty awful and the controller is way too sensitive, also I found pointing where you want to while holding the "controller" down to be a bit hard.

Also, graphics on Excite Truck were about Dreamcast quality.

go suck a nut and get out of my thread

a12ctic
11-04-06, 10:09 AM
Im excited too (for new zelda), but im stuck on the gamecube so whatever.

H3avyM3tal
11-04-06, 11:15 AM
f you buy Twilight Princess for GameCube and not Wii, you are a fool.

And if you buy it for the Wii, youre a wierdo :)
I kid, I kid. I will never understand whats so great about that game... Sometimes I actually wish I did.

a12ctic
11-04-06, 11:24 AM
And if you buy it for the Wii, youre a wierdo :)
I kid, I kid. I will never understand whats so great about that game... Sometimes I actually wish I did.
It was very easy to get into, had a great story, and wasnt repetative like most rpgs. It was an excellent game.

LiquidX
11-04-06, 11:50 AM
I'm a huge Zelda fan and I'm really looking forward to this and that fact they say it will take close to 70 hours means I will be in heaven because nearly every Zelda I have played I wish went on for another 20 hours if not for ever.

Here is a video from the 1UP show, showing off the controls and talking a bit about the game.
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7293

Mr. Hunt
11-04-06, 07:12 PM
go suck a nut and get out of my thread

Screw off... you want to spam hype for the Wii, and diss on the PS3 every chance you get, while you haven't even played the PS3, yet I HAVE played the Wii, and it sucks giant gorilla nuts.

CaptNKILL
11-04-06, 07:28 PM
I can see this is going to get nasty (just like any console related thread)... so can a mod move it to the proper sub forum please?