PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey jpn demo video

msxyz
11-05-06, 06:29 AM
Xboxyde has posted a video footage taken from the first public demo of Lost Odyssey (Mistwalker)

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3770_en.html

The demo was bundled with the magazine Famitsu and there are no plans to bring it over to the marketplace anytime soon. :thumbdwn:

Even if it's only a low quality video (a high-def cable feed will probably be available the next week) it's worth taking a look at. Expect some quirks as this is a work-in-progress demo.

EvilEye
11-06-06, 03:40 AM
The art style and graphics in this game looks absolutely stunning! FFXIII looked amazing until I saw this...

Toss3
11-06-06, 07:37 AM
The art style and graphics in this game looks absolutely stunning! FFXIII looked amazing until I saw this...
w00t? You actually thought that looked amazing? Well, the graphics do, but everything else is just screaming "copied from FF!". Seriously, they just played some FF games and put the same stuff into another shell and voilá, Lost Odyssey was born. I haven't played it myself, but from the looks of that vid it's not going to bring anything new to the genre, well except for great graphics.
The lead charactar looks downright ugly! :D And I don't like the pointy hats of the soldiers. Apart from that I'm sure it'll be a great game, but a game very much alike the old Final Fantasy games nonetheless.
FFXIII FTW!

raystorm
11-06-06, 08:41 AM
w00t? You actually thought that looked amazing? Well, the graphics do, but everything else is just screaming "copied from FF!". Seriously, they just played some FF games and put the same stuff into another shell and voilá, Lost Odyssey was born. I haven't played it myself, but from the looks of that vid it's not going to bring anything new to the genre, well except for great graphics.
The lead charactar looks downright ugly! :D And I don't like the pointy hats of the soldiers. Apart from that I'm sure it'll be a great game, but a game very much alike the old Final Fantasy games nonetheless.
FFXIII FTW!

heh..it IS from the creator of FF y'know!! What did you expect?? What I saw I expected from that FF dude. You are right that it does seem like a next gen FF game and thats it. It looks great but enough with the random battles and pretty boy main leads please.

ENU291
11-06-06, 09:07 AM
Was that final code on that video feed?

ralinn
11-06-06, 01:14 PM
It looks great but enough with the random battles and pretty boy main leads please.
You know... you don't HAVE to play it. He looks anything but pretty :|

raystorm
11-06-06, 03:24 PM
You know... you don't HAVE to play it. He looks anything but pretty :|

I just said that as a general thing with JRPG's. The main lead in Lost Odyssey looks like another character I've before and yes I know I don't HAVE to play it but if its a quality game then I'll buy it. The 360 needs a quality JRPG and Enchanted Arms isn't it (its ok for what it is and I just finished it off but its pretty underwhelming) so hopefully Lost Odyssey ends up being a great game.