PDA

View Full Version : *maniacal grin*

The Baron
02-24-03, 04:26 PM
MOO3 TOMORROW! I THINK! I HOPE! I WILL KILL EVERY POOR BASTARD WITHIN 5 MILES OF BABBAGE'S IF IT'S NOT THERE! :D

sorry. I'm a bit on the excited side. ;)

Smokey
02-25-03, 06:45 AM
Good for you ;) Its always good when a game you have been waiting for finally comes out. I myself am waiting for Ravenshield :thumbsup:
Remember to post your feedback on MOO3 and post some screenshots :afro:

SavagePaladin
02-25-03, 12:21 PM
What if it sucks?

hehe

http://www.quartertothree.com/reviews/moo3/moo3-1.shtml

The Baron
02-25-03, 03:17 PM
"Oh, it's too complicated! I'm not smart enough to play it!"

Yeah, cry me a river. I'll just be laughing when I blow up your homeworld in multiplayer.... :D

Gonna call Babbage's and maybe run over in about half an hour..

The Baron
02-25-03, 04:26 PM
Bastiches. Not out here yet. Noon tomorrow, the guy said. So, after school, Baron's gonna be hopping in the Baronmobile (assuming, of course, the Baronmobile gets built tonight) and driving over to Babbage's and getting my copy... EXCEPT, I'm busy tomorrow. Like really busy, and I have to either move or figure out a way to move a 250 pound TV before some guys come to replace a huge window tomorrow... ARGH!

It's Schrodinger's Cat. Either the release date for a game isn't determined until I have stuff to do on that day, or the stuff I have to do isn't determined until a release date is set. Until then, it's in an unstable quantum state. ;)

SavagePaladin
02-25-03, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
"Oh, it's too complicated! I'm not smart enough to play it!"

Yeah, cry me a river. I'll just be laughing when I blow up your homeworld in multiplayer.... :D

Gonna call Babbage's and maybe run over in about half an hour..
Well since you're a little excited I can't exactly say anything, cept that I love that guys columns and reviews, even though I don't always agree with em :)

DaveW
02-26-03, 11:44 AM
I've read three reviews so far, and they all say it sucks :(

Games Domain Review (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/feb03/master_of_orion_3.html)

Quarter to three Review (http://www.quartertothree.com/reviews/moo3/moo3-1.shtml)

Adrenalin Vault Review (http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=moo3)

From the Quarter to Three review:

The AI doesn't provide much of a challenge unless it's somehow outstripped you so far that it can roll over you with a big fleet. Otherwise, it will dribble a few ships at a time into your superior numbers, demonstrating the tenacity and strategic prowess of a Yorkshire terrier. But you don't have to watch the computer players to see the failings of the AI. Check your ship reserves a few hundred turns into the game and you'll see a thousand troop transports that you didn't order and that you'll never use. Hey, thanks viceroys. These will come in handy if I ever invade Normady.

Those two flaws where in MOO2 also. Actually, AI wanting to build nothing but transport ships all the time happened in the Civilization games also. The problem with MOO3 is that you can't stop the AI from building them.

The Baron
02-26-03, 03:47 PM
AI is bad... yet it has multiplayer. ;)

Gehenna_CA
02-27-03, 12:39 AM
Yes you can stop them from building transports and I haven't seen this manifest itself in the game yet. All you have to do is turn off the Econ ai that runs your planets. Its automatically on for each new colony so you have to turn it off for each one. Some of these reviewers may be playing the game but they aren't PLAYING THE GAME. Some of the concerns thet've brought up are clearly outlined in the manual and easily explained if they'd played the game for more than 30mins. Believe me, the game has flaws but it seems to have the right idea. I think alot of this will be hashed out in the patches, just like every other game these days.

Gehenna_CA
03-06-03, 01:30 PM
After playing it for a week straight I've changed my mind about this game. If you at all liked moo2 DO NOT buy Moo3. It may be the worst supposedly "professionally" designed game released in a year. The flaws are too many to list. Just go see the outrage on the official forums. I returned the game for a preorder of Galactic Civs and Dark Cloud 2.