PDA

View Full Version : Good stuff in Oblivion

CDE_1246
11-05-06, 08:59 PM
I'm just wondering does anyone know good forts, tombs, mines or caves, to find good weapons or armor in Oblivion? Thanks a lot for the reply.

Namrok
11-05-06, 09:08 PM
It's not like Morrowind where items were in specific dungeons. For the most part everything is random now, with no exceptions I know of. When you are the right level for it, you'll find equipment to suit you.

Kind of takes the fun out of exploring I think.

CDE_1246
11-05-06, 09:11 PM
yeah your right.

nekrosoft13
11-05-06, 10:26 PM
It's not like Morrowind where items were in specific dungeons. For the most part everything is random now, with no exceptions I know of. When you are the right level for it, you'll find equipment to suit you.

thats why Oblivion sucks!!

Becoming
11-05-06, 10:45 PM
thats why Oblivion sucks!!

And I'm not sure we need you mentioning that in every single thread that brings up Oblivion. We get it, you don't like it. It's not a "real" rpg to you, I am well aware of your opinion. I for one am happy to have more content for the game that sucked the most time from me all year. Did Oblivion kick your dog or something?

Ancient
11-05-06, 11:00 PM
I thought special items like Umbra were in one specific location? On certain quests everyone will get the same specific item(s) as rewards as well. Oblivion is not completely random.

Arioch
11-05-06, 11:03 PM
You could always install a mod that makes finding items more like it was in Morrowind.

nekrosoft13
11-05-06, 11:39 PM
And I'm not sure we need you mentioning that in every single thread that brings up Oblivion. We get it, you don't like it. It's not a "real" rpg to you, I am well aware of your opinion. I for one am happy to have more content for the game that sucked the most time from me all year. Did Oblivion kick your dog or something?

Hey why not

i spend 60 bucks on it, i got the right to be mad

marqmajere
11-05-06, 11:52 PM
Hey why not

i spend 60 bucks on it, i got the right to be mad

Yes, because Bethseda put a gun to your head to buy it.

Toss3
11-05-06, 11:53 PM
Umm you guys are forgetting the Daedric Shrines, where you get all the nice stuff! (lee63) http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/oblivion_daedric.txt

superklye
11-06-06, 12:04 AM
Yes, because Bethseda put a gun to your head to buy it.
That's not the point...he had a choice to buy it, but he doesn't have the choice to return it after discovering he doesn't like it.

No one makes you buy anything but that doesn't mean you have to like everything you choose to buy.

hirantha
11-06-06, 12:35 AM
this is the best in the whole elders scroll series. my only problem is i dont know when i will be able to finish the game... its MASIVE!! thats something you gotta love though..
yeah explore all the dungeons and ruins to get good armor.

Bearclaw
11-06-06, 01:05 AM
this is the best in the whole elders scroll series. my only problem is i dont know when i will be able to finish the game... its MASIVE!! thats something you gotta love though..
yeah explore all the dungeons and ruins to get good armor.
I agree, the whole game is huge and taking the time to find everything wll certainly take a while. However, I thought the main quest was rather short.

Becoming
11-06-06, 01:42 AM
That's not the point...he had a choice to buy it, but he doesn't have the choice to return it after discovering he doesn't like it.

No one makes you buy anything but that doesn't mean you have to like everything you choose to buy.

True enough, but I don't hunt down every thread mentioning a game I don't like to repeat that dislike over and over. If it has Oblivion in the title and you don't like the game, why even bother to read the thread? It isn't as if it's a mystery what the topic will be.

Speaking of which, the daedric shrine quests do indeed have lots of great stuff to be had by completing them. I also wish though that there were more unique pieces of kickass gear to find throughout the game. There are a few nice little sidequests where you can find some nice stuff and even a few "hidden" quests to do in the wilderness, but I wish they'd put more of those in there for sure.

As much as I enjoyed it, I do hope they strike a better balance in a couple different areas for the next TES game.

de><ta
11-06-06, 02:15 AM
There is one Oblivion plane near Cheydinhall where you get this bow called the bow of hatred souls. One of the best bows in the game.

superklye
11-06-06, 02:16 AM
True enough, but I don't hunt down every thread mentioning a game I don't like to repeat that dislike over and over. If it has Oblivion in the title and you don't like the game, why even bother to read the thread? It isn't as if it's a mystery what the topic will be.
All right, touche. :)

CaptNKILL
11-06-06, 06:51 AM

Most of Morrowind's enemies and items were leveled and random just like Oblivion's.

I dont know why everyone makes such a big deal about it. Every elder scrolls game has consisted of mostly randomized\leveled content in order to fill the world and make it so you can play as long as you want.

Oblivion had some irritating leveling problems (like bandits wearing expensive armror for no good reason or the Kvatch siege when the player is high level) but overall it isnt that much different than the previous game as far as leveled enemies and loot.