ultra:
http://www.*********.com/temp/asy_ultra.jpg

non-ultra:
http://slimshady1692000.homestead.com/files/bfg.JPG

also note that these cards are expected to ship on march 9
http://www.*********.com

GlowStick
02-24-03, 06:28 PM
pritty sweet looking, i cant decide if i should wait to buy a modafied cooler one or just go for the quick fix.

ATI LoVeR 9700
02-24-03, 07:26 PM
What does BFG stand for?!?! :mad:

UDawg
02-24-03, 07:44 PM
Uhhh ever play Quake?:rw:

GlowStick
02-24-03, 07:51 PM
Hmmm, that would be cool if BFG technologies BFG stood for the same thing :D

Maybe it dose, maybe it dosnet, will we ever know?

Steppy
02-24-03, 07:56 PM
Why does the pic of the non ultra still have a plate that takes two slots even though the heat pipe vents don't connect to it?

GlowStick
02-24-03, 08:05 PM
Um? im not exactly sure what you mean but i think you mean the thing next to the fan.

Im assumeing under it is fins, and you can tell by the conturs that air gones in the hole, and gets forced though the plated area, then goes over the ram heatskins. thats what it looks like for a visual inspection

volt
02-24-03, 08:08 PM
The fan is as high as the ultra one, that's why it has double stack

MuFu
02-24-03, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ATI LoVeR 9700

"Big Friendly Giant", of course.

MuFu.

Moo
02-24-03, 08:37 PM

biggus frokingus gunggus

John Reynolds
02-24-03, 08:39 PM

So what is BFG?!

You know, there are just as many decaffeinated brands on the market that're just as tasty.

In other words, simmer down Beavis.

GlowStick
02-24-03, 08:40 PM

So what is BFG?!
haha funny

Meanwhile here is a conversation that was secretly recorded by Jen-Husang and John Carmack

John: "Hey, man i just finished codeding Doom 1000!"

Jen: "Sweet, ill bring some of my Nvidia friends and we are gonna have a lan"

John: "Ok, hey bring some of those new videa cards you have"

Later that day at some multi-million doller mansion

Jen: "Dude, Doom 1000 rocks, its just like Real Life, dont you feel bad that you have made 1000 dooms and your just releaseing Doom 3?"

John: "Hahahahaha good one! Dam i love these NV3837's they are so next gen"

Jen: "Yeah, to bad no one will ever see them, hahahahahaha"

John: "hahahahahahahaha"

Jen: "Ha, JC = 0wn3d"

John: "STFU b1tc8"

---------------------------------------

On a more serious note, rember those Radeon 8500 (i think) drivers that were specifily optimized to ONLY help Quake 3.

They proved it by hex editing all of q3 to change the name, and the increase went away.

Steppy
02-24-03, 09:09 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that the Non Ultra still needed two slots...so you still have a huge cooler that's just not as loud for the non-ultra? My god, that's what they consider a more traditional cooling method?

Glowstick...the backplate is the bracket that goes around the ports and is what you screw to your case.

GlowStick
02-24-03, 09:17 PM
Oh ok lol!

Yeah it takes 2 slots.

that really isnt a big issue to me. In my PC (an intel 2.53ghz) i only use the agp slot. My board has so much intgergrated crap i dont have a use for my pci slosts. Only possible add on would be a soundcard, but since i only have 2 channel speaksers an audigy 2 wont do me any good.l

I usto be a big Integrated mainboard hater.
But for 20$ more i got Firewire, Sound, intel 10/100 NIC, SATA.

and they dont take up any room. I am also a supporter of the nvidia Nforce2 that gets rid of the 2 Serial ports and makes em VGA outs!!!! And that board also has an AGP slot with 2X nic's!!!! with their sound, what a hause of a mainboard.

jAkUp
02-24-03, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Steppy
Why does the pic of the non ultra still have a plate that takes two slots even though the heat pipe vents don't connect to it?

probably because the heatsink and fan sit so high, that you would kill any card that sits next to it... and for heat issues, to keep people from using that slot sitting next to it... i know that the geforcefx would probably kill my soundblaster live card..lol.... maybe that isnt such a bad thing.............:p

kyleb
02-24-03, 09:33 PM
you would think they would at least not block of the slot so you can throw some usb ports there or something though.

GlowStick
02-24-03, 10:09 PM
you would also think ATI would pump out some good linux drivers. but hey!

kyleb
02-24-03, 10:24 PM
i can't coment on that as i don't use linux but if more game devlopers would actualy take the time to devlop games that run in linux that would really rule. anyway, they pulled the non-ultra pic, perhaps they saw my comment, :D

Solomon
02-24-03, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by John Reynolds
You know, there are just as many decaffeinated brands on the market that're just as tasty.

I can't believe you just quoted, "Real Genius" Hehehehe. :D

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Mr. Malley informed me to take down the Non Ultra pic as that pic wasn't in final form and could have possible component changes. Flash Masta might have nailed it on the head for the reason that it looked like the capacitor next to the AGP Lock could be a problem.

kyleb
02-25-03, 12:36 AM
i dig the replacement pic Solomon :D

volt
02-25-03, 07:00 AM
ROFL jAkUp!
:D

Solomon
02-25-03, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by kyleb
i dig the replacement pic Solomon :D

Hehe, Actually that's JackUp's link:
http://slimshady1692000.homestead.com/files/bfg.JPG

:D

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

GlowStick
02-25-03, 09:39 AM
Who made that picture, i think its really funny, i coudlnt stop laughing when i saw it :P

it would be cool if BFG did it hehe :D

jAkUp
02-25-03, 10:54 AM
hehe well since the picture got killed, i decided to draw an" artists conception" of the non ultra:D

Hellbinder
02-25-03, 10:57 AM
Wow.. its the exact same thing as the reference card... with a "Assylum" magic markered on the side... :angel2: