PDA

View Full Version : Bioware reveals Dragon Age for PC exclusive

nekrosoft13
11-06-06, 10:18 AM
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/7746/dragonmm4.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154863

- The story is dark-much darker than the usual BioWare fare-and influenced by "realistic" modern fantasy like George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones.
- The game uses an evolved "tactical real-time combat" style of Baldur's Gate, only in 3D-you queue up orders for multiple party members, pause the game when you need to think, and your party members will be able to execute coordinated attacks.
- Large-scale creature combat will have your characters doing stuff like ducking between legs and jumping on backs of monsters (dare we say dragons?).
- Even though Dragon Age isn't a D&D game, per se, BioWare is sticking close to those roots with the class and rules systems.
- The game uses a "modified" version of the Mass Effect conversation system we're all so keen on.
- Depending on the type of character you choose, the game offers multiple different "origin stories"-meaning the first few hours of the game will be totally different depending on which character archetype you choose.
- The game's actually coming out in late 2007 or early 2008.
- Bono makes a surprisingly good mentor.

CaptNKILL
11-06-06, 12:27 PM
Sounds interesting.

The combat sounds like KOTOR.

SH0DAN
11-06-06, 01:15 PM
I want Baldurs Gate III in 2d with 16:10 support using ADD 2E rules,on the Infinity engine.But this looks damn good,and will have to suffice I guess.

crainger
11-06-06, 04:22 PM
Late 2007 early 2008?!

I thought it was much closer than that!

K007
11-06-06, 09:59 PM
Lets hope by the time this games comes out we might be close to g81..cause i bet ya..this game is soo gonna be like a slide show -.-

SH0DAN
11-07-06, 11:41 AM
Given the performance of NWN2,I would imagine framerates in this game on a Kentsfield/4gb dr2/X-Fi/and sli'd 8800GTX's to be in the mid teens with all options on max at 12x10 :p

ArrowMk84
11-07-06, 12:34 PM
Given the performance of NWN2,I would imagine framerates in this game on a Kentsfield/4gb dr2/X-Fi/and sli'd 8800GTX's to be in the mid teens with all options on max at 12x10 :p

Given the performance of NWN2, I'm convinced someone left debug code in the game. While I like the Obsidian guys (and love NWN2), IMO Bioware has better programmers and a lot more resources to throw at problems. I would be surprised if Dragon Age runs as bad as NWN2.