PDA

View Full Version : trying to rectify the biggest mistake ever

SOAD
11-06-06, 09:32 AM
Hello guys. A couple of months ago I made a big mistake and built my own pc. I dont know why but I dont want feel I am getting the scores I can.

Anyway I have moneyt atm but I dont want to be purchasing just yet (e.g not for a few months) til DX10 cards are fully out and so is Kentsfield.

So I wish to purchase a new motherboard because I belive this is the crux of my problems.

Now is there any such motherboard that supports
- Kentsfield Chip
- ATI Crossfire or nVidia SLI (or both :captnkill:)
-loads of other ****

However I wish to place my existing pc in it.

The Components of this are

Pentium 4 651 3.4Ghz @ 3.9Ghz 2mb Cache LGA 775 (yeah I know it was a mistake)

2Gb DDR2 Ram (2x1gb) 533Mhz Dual Channel. However I want the mobo to support 1000Mhz or 800Mhz because this is the last pc for at least a year maybe 2.

250Gb SATAII

Thermaltake Purepower 680W

If it can any IDE drives

7900 GTO (nvidia:D ) (better than the X1900XT pos)
------------------------------------------------------
I purchased a 2407WFP today for better or for worse. So I am going to make do with the pc in the new mobo til Jan-Feb when I will upgrade.

I want this pc to be a future proof as possible when I upgrade..

thanks dudes(nana2)

einstein_314
11-06-06, 03:23 PM
What you need is one of these (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79308). :D I'm waiting for this board.

Bearclaw
11-06-06, 04:55 PM
What you need is one of these (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79308). :D I'm waiting for this board.
Ya I might wait for it too although I don't see anything that the 590 SLI boards have that this one doesn't. Sure, it has AWESOME COPPER and it is better for overclocking but I don't care about copper and don't overclock so I might just go for the Asus P5B 590 SLI.

SOAD
11-07-06, 06:11 AM
holy moly that looks sweet.

Damn!

When is it coming out.

Benchmarks

.......getting of on it already :o

(lee63)

sweet....

I can keep my GTO and P4 4.0Ghz til Kentsfiled comes out.

(I brought a Dell 2407WFP yesterday with 5yr warrenty)

Maybe wait til Feb and til then buy another GTO.....

plz excuse me for a min :o